Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 08:04 PM

2,691 posts, read 4,332,447 times

Advertisements

I forgot to post my update for this but yea, it looks like people have moved in. I passed by it the other evening and lights are on in some apartments, curtains are up, etc. still looks majority empty but it seems like move ins have begun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2015, 07:49 PM

49 posts, read 82,038 times
I know this thread might be dead, but thought I'd try! We just relieved an email giving us an interview, is the building not full yet?! Does anyone have any info on this? Our number is in the 3x,xxx so I'm shocked they haven't filled it yet?

Thanks if there is anyone out there with any updated info, it would help so much.

Old 08-05-2015, 08:22 PM

Also does anyone have any info on the apartments: any pictures? Anymore details about parking prices/ other amenities, etc? I can't find anything online lol!

Old 08-05-2015, 08:34 PM

2,691 posts, read 4,332,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhouse13 View Post
Also does anyone have any info on the apartments: any pictures? Anymore details about parking prices/ other amenities, etc? I can't find anything online lol!
I can see inside the ground floor and it has a common/party room with a pool table. I'll look harder again the next time I walk by but overall it looks nice from the outside looking in.

Old 08-06-2015, 08:21 AM

154 posts, read 288,206 times
I just got an email from Santiago requesting an interview! Seems weird and disorganized -- I'm on the fence about this one, anyone live there or seen the inside of the building and have opinions?

Old 08-06-2015, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollybloom View Post
I just got an email from Santiago requesting an interview! Seems weird and disorganized -- I'm on the fence about this one, anyone live there or seen the inside of the building and have opinions?
I feel the same way; how is it not full yet? It makes me think there are problems with the building or some other reason they haven't filed it yet? I looked a lot online and can't find any interior pics or floor plans or anything!
Keep me posted. We have to reschedule our interview so I'm going to try to call today.

Old 08-06-2015, 10:14 AM

Quick question for anyone still out there who went on n interview?!

If you were NOT community board preference, did you have to give proof of your current lease, and/or rent payments? We have been in a weird situation, staying with family and do not have a current lease, and don't want this to keep us from moving forward.

Thanks for any help.

Old 08-07-2015, 07:25 AM

23 posts, read 15,654 times
Quote:
Quick question for anyone still out there who went on n interview?!

If you were NOT community board preference, did you have to give proof of your current lease, and/or rent payments? We have been in a weird situation, staying with family and do not have a current lease, and don't want this to keep us from moving forward.

Thanks for any help.

Hi Greenhouse,

I do not have community board preference. I have an interview scheduled next week but will most likely ask to re-schedule. I was not asked to provide a lease. I have only been asked to provide proof of rent and written verification from my current landlord with their address and telephone number, as well as payment history.

Old 08-07-2015, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Eyed Gal View Post
Hi Greenhouse,

I do not have community board preference. I have an interview scheduled next week but will most likely ask to re-schedule. I was not asked to provide a lease. I have only been asked to provide proof of rent and written verification from my current landlord with their address and telephone number, as well as payment history.

Thanks so much for your reply. Did they ask you for that specifically or did you just do that based on the email they sent you for your interview? Trying to figure out what we need to get together. Thx!

Old 08-07-2015, 07:45 AM

23 posts, read 15,654 times
Quote:
Thanks so much for your reply. Did they ask you for that specifically or did you just do that based on the email they sent you for your interview? Trying to figure out what we need to get together. Thx!

The email that he sent scheduling the interview requested that information specifically. A lease only shows an existing contract. A letter from the landlord that provides payment history is much more telling. Currently I rent a condo and the landlord and I have a great relationship, so I don't believe that obtaining the letter would be a problem at all. However, I wonder how many other landlords would be willing to provide that information?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery