Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2017, 09:47 PM

6,689 posts, read 6,040,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGuy99 View Post
What happens if your income goes up and surpasses the maximum while your application is pending with the city?
I don't think there are other steps after your file is with the city. Isn't the management team supposed to check everything before the file gets "rubber stamped" by the city? I'm not sure the city even does anything with the file except check that log numbers are in order. Unless the city comes back and asks for more information, which is highly unlikely.

Anyway, that's my take on it. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2017, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by q41apartments View Post
@Lasigone - can you be more clear?

@Opglife - they only go with the credit score of the main applicant which is the head of the household. I'm assuming your husband has a penis, so he'd be the main applicant and the head of the household, so they won't check your credit - just his.
What a ridiculous response to Opglife.

Old 11-19-2017, 08:36 AM

252 posts, read 307,088 times
I have a question. A month ago I was called in for an interview for a lottery. At the time me and my boyfriend JUST made it for combined income for a unit. Now a month later I'm about to start a new job that may JUST put us at the end of the income bracket for that unit. I've told my boyfriend to work less days just in case they ask for updated paystubs from us. My credit was checked already (everything is fine), I have community preference and a low number. Everything looks to be a go but I don't want to be denied just because I make more money now (btw with the increase we still wouldn't be able to get a unit on our own)

Old 11-19-2017, 09:21 AM

4,776 posts, read 6,581,779 times
What happens is, as this process goes on, you and your boyfriend may be asked for updated pay stubs. His lower income may balance out your higher one. But both employers will have to fill out paperwork asking about raises in the future and to confirm the salary. Did that happen already?

Old 11-19-2017, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
What happens is, as this process goes on, you and your boyfriend may be asked for updated pay stubs. His lower income may balance out your higher one. But both employers will have to fill out paperwork asking about raises in the future and to confirm the salary. Did that happen already?
I honestly don't even know how to go about asking my employer if somebody has contacted them in regards to my employment there. I start this new job tomorrow. Would I go to HR? And who do I go to from there?

Old 11-19-2017, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
And also don't they ask for updated paystubs after 120 days of submittal of original documents? That's 4 months from interview date which would be towards the end of February. I hope it doesn't take that long for some new information about my application

Old 11-19-2017, 05:49 PM

4,776 posts, read 6,581,779 times
While you're going through the process, they can ask for most recent paystubs. I believe that will end once you're approved and your file is sent to HDC.

Old 11-19-2017, 07:29 PM

100 posts, read 176,168 times
I was told my file was going to the city that afternoon the day i went in to fill out and sign tax release forms and a bunch of other forms which I can't remember. But if they've been asking for documents that they never asked for the first time around, every week, that would mean the management company still has my file? From my understanding a file has to be complete with all required documents before it gets sent to the city. So to me it doesn't sound like they have my file assembled which is why they are asking me for all these documents and inquires about deposits? Or maybe it did get submitted but the city is pushing it back for missing documents and deposit inquiries?

Old 11-19-2017, 07:37 PM

100 posts, read 176,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
I don't think there are other steps after your file is with the city. Isn't the management team supposed to check everything before the file gets "rubber stamped" by the city? I'm not sure the city even does anything with the file except check that log numbers are in order. Unless the city comes back and asks for more information, which is highly unlikely.

Anyway, that's my take on it. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.
That's what I thought too. Either my intake person isn't competent and maybe her supervisor is reviewing my file before submission and he/she is pushing it back to the intake person to complete OR it was sent to the city but they have questions or requests for documents which is why she's been asking me for this and that.

Old 11-19-2017, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGuy99 View Post
That's what I thought too. Either my intake person isn't competent and maybe her supervisor is reviewing my file before submission and he/she is pushing it back to the intake person to complete OR it was sent to the city but they have questions or requests for documents which is why she's been asking me for this and that.
Honestly, I think for your personal situation, your best bet would be to call the management company. Good luck, I hope you get it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery