Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 01:39 PM

274 posts, read 485,228 times

Advertisements

They asked for a notarized letter for me to relinquish my current lottery apt once I sign my lease for the new apt. No idea when I'm signing my lease, though. The building still has ways to go. Thank you!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2017, 09:29 AM

44 posts, read 88,986 times
Hi ,

I found out that the apartment that I am under is also under HDC which I had no idea. It isn't a lottery and got this through a realtor. I'm waiting to get a decision from HDC for Morris Ave. I had to submit more and more docs to them. Lastly they asked me for a notarized letter stating that I would surrender apt if approved for Morris Ave. I'm hoping there aren't any issues at this point. The wait has been killing me!! Congrats to you of course. :-)

Old 02-06-2017, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetthickness10 View Post
Hi ,

I found out that the apartment that I am under is also under HDC which I had no idea. It isn't a lottery and got this through a realtor. I'm waiting to get a decision from HDC for Morris Ave. I had to submit more and more docs to them. Lastly they asked me for a notarized letter stating that I would surrender apt if approved for Morris Ave. I'm hoping there aren't any issues at this point. The wait has been killing me!! Congrats to you of course. :-)
Thanks! I'm sure you got it. Keep us updated!

Old 02-08-2017, 09:00 AM

Hey , I found out I got the apartment right after I sent the last post . lol. My dilemma is that I just paid my rent at my current place and I don't have the funds that I need now to move in and they expected me to bring in my deposit and pick up the keys that same day or by the end of this week... I was under the impression that I only need one month rent as from what I know some lotteries do it that way but just today I was told that I needed to provide one month and security...and I don't have that yet so now I'm worried and super stressed. The lady I spoke with said that she would speak to her supervisor to see the next step.

Old 02-08-2017, 09:17 AM

454 posts, read 528,074 times
That sucks.. Normally with most developments its 1 month security and 1 month deposit. Keep us updated on what happens.. =(

Old 02-08-2017, 09:44 AM

I heard that some developments only require the one month when it comes to security. So I didn't question it, you know. I emailed them and explained. I mean , I cant imagine it being a problem moving date because I just paid my rent and they literally just told me this Monday and expected me to come in same day. I do think that was a bit much. If I had it of course I would go in asap. Im praying on it. Thanks!

Old 02-08-2017, 10:22 AM

454 posts, read 528,074 times
yes that is abit much, I hope that won't interfere with you on getting the apartment. Did u go view the apartment yet? what date did they want you to come in for signing?

Old 02-08-2017, 10:51 AM

I viewed the apartment over a month ago actually. lol. So that part has been done. It just took a while because had to go back and forth with hdc requesting more and more documents. Finally HDC approved me and now this. Management called me Monday and wanted me to come in that same day...with the deposit and to sign and get the keys.

Old 02-08-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetthickness10 View Post
Hey , I found out I got the apartment right after I sent the last post . lol. My dilemma is that I just paid my rent at my current place and I don't have the funds that I need now to move in and they expected me to bring in my deposit and pick up the keys that same day or by the end of this week... I was under the impression that I only need one month rent as from what I know some lotteries do it that way but just today I was told that I needed to provide one month and security...and I don't have that yet so now I'm worried and super stressed. The lady I spoke with said that she would speak to her supervisor to see the next step.
Yeah, that is the norm with most of these places. They assume once your application is sent to HPD you'll know you're most likely going to get the apt and should save that money. I've never heard of anyone being denied for an apt because they can't pay their security deposit asap, though. You should be fine. Hopefully if you filed taxes, that will come soon and you won't have any troubles paying the the rest of the deposit. Please keep us updated and best of luck!

Old 02-08-2017, 11:48 AM

Thanks a lot. I appreciate it. I filed taxes but because I have a child, will take a little longer but def hoping works out. Cant see it being taken away after already getting approval from hdc. I also spoke with one lady and she said that there are plenty of units and not to worry. So I'm just going to see what they say.Ill keep yall posted. :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery