Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2019, 03:37 PM

4 posts, read 7,089 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! In your experiences, have you ever had to provide first months rent + security on the spot after viewing apartment and/or signing a lease? Can you also choose a date to start your lease ( within reason ofcourse) after holidays?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2020, 03:44 PM

4 posts, read 14,529 times
Hi need info. Log num 7 been on waiting list since 2016. Was called in to bring documentation and fill out hud paperwork. Was told move in may be first week of dec. but now being told waiting for certificate of occupancy and final clearance before moving forward. Does anyone know the waittime or are familiar with this process? Background/credit income verification all good. Would really really love feedback

Old 01-08-2020, 08:44 AM

100 posts, read 137,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph3420 View Post
Hi need info. Log num 7 been on waiting list since 2016. Was called in to bring documentation and fill out hud paperwork. Was told move in may be first week of dec. but now being told waiting for certificate of occupancy and final clearance before moving forward. Does anyone know the waittime or are familiar with this process? Background/credit income verification all good. Would really really love feedback
Certificate of occupancy just means they can’t open the building yet until they receive that certification. Sounds like you’re fine.

Old 01-13-2020, 12:05 AM

Thank you. But any idea how long that takes? Lol. Just eager to know. There are plenty ppl with the same vouchers residing there. Lease up in March and just wondering if the certification is a long process

Old 01-13-2020, 06:02 PM

100 posts, read 137,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph3420 View Post
Thank you. But any idea how long that takes? Lol. Just eager to know. There are plenty ppl with the same vouchers residing there. Lease up in March and just wondering if the certification is a long process
Your file only stays with HPD about a week
The certificate of occupancy is between the management company and the city....Who knows how long that can take? That depends on what needs to be finished in the building.

Old 01-13-2020, 09:51 PM

Thank you

Old 01-27-2020, 12:52 AM

Question. Can apartments under programs such as hud/hpd be sold legally if there is no window in the living room ? Is that legal? Ex: seen apartment and it seems they converted the living room in half to make a bedroom that is super super tiny, no closets and may fit just a twin bed(literally nothing else)and now the livingroom is also small and has no window. Not sure if its legal. I have small children and just thinking about a fire hazard. The room they created once they converted the Lv has windows but there is a door that separates the room. So how can air circulate. Im afraid to mention it to management unless i have backup on if I know it's against the law. I was found eligible years ago from this development and been approved for a 4 bedroom but this was clearly a 3bdr they made 4. While sacrificing livingspace

Old 09-16-2020, 07:45 AM

62 posts, read 91,857 times
Hey guys I applied for a co op through HPD lottery site, i recieved a application to fill out and mail back along with a 75 dollar money order. Does anyone know how long the process usually takes on these? My log number is 1xx in the hundreds hopefully that's good

Old 09-16-2020, 11:55 AM

3,132 posts, read 2,726,308 times
Mitchell-Lama can take years. They're just refilling the waitlist, and then you have to...wait. Literally: for people to move out or die.

Occasionally they run a renovated HDFC through the lottery process; no idea how those long take.

Old 10-03-2020, 10:36 AM

57 posts, read 57,422 times
How long do hpd take to look over your paperwork to make a decision???? I view and apt on Wednesday and sign some papers the Coordinator told me the unit is pbv so she have to send it to hpd, she told me I was approve so I guess it’s by the management now I guess I have to wait on hpd any feed back will be helpful
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery