Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 01:20 PM

16 posts, read 16,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloslimkitty View Post
I was just approved!!!
Congratulations! I’m still waiting to be approved. Did the paperwork they sent to HPD have a unit number on it? Because mine did I’m not so worried about if my app will get approved more like when! The management company told me HPD I’d giving them a week turn around. I’m hopping to hear back this week
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2019, 08:46 AM

6 posts, read 11,190 times
Has anyone saw an apartment and then was denied?

Old 06-05-2019, 03:41 PM

2 posts, read 7,380 times
did anyone other than myself view the apartment before hearing back from hpd?

Old 06-05-2019, 03:44 PM

2 posts, read 7,380 times
thats what i want to know

Old 06-29-2019, 02:09 PM

172 posts, read 151,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labro347 View Post
Congratulations! I’m still waiting to be approved. Did the paperwork they sent to HPD have a unit number on it? Because mine did I’m not so worried about if my app will get approved more like when! The management company told me HPD I’d giving them a week turn around. I’m hopping to hear back this week
is it a good sign when your file has an apartment number on it?

Old 07-02-2019, 03:04 AM

1 posts, read 3,517 times
I am living in the shelter and have a cityfhep vocher 1557 and i put in my application last week and heard back from them not even a week later for me to come in for interview and my log number is very low very nerves but excited happy evrything go ok wish me luck.

Old 07-13-2019, 11:18 AM

10 posts, read 13,516 times
I have question for all my Affordable Housing Dreamers out there with a hopefully positive response....

I had been interviewed with a log 3xxx for a CB property which I had qualified for but then moved out of the CB during the waiting game process. Got the invitation, met all the requirements, until 3 weeks after the interview, I was waitlisted because my current residence is outside of the CB.

Otherwise all other parameters passed initial screening. Now back in the waiting game for all CB apartments (50%) to be filled. FML. Thought this was my "golden" willy wonka ticket to survival and eventual economic freedom....

Curious to know if I have a chance to make it to through the regular lottery 28 units, vying for 1 of the 3 3-BR spots???
Probably could be waiting a year who knows, and will give up all prayers on moving my family into this new building... Wanted to hear any pick-me-up stories on this blog...

"Lord, please throw me a bone"

Old 08-31-2019, 06:10 PM

1 posts, read 3,234 times
How do you get ahold of hpd I'm in a shelter and they keep saying hpd is trying to find me something

Old 09-02-2019, 11:11 AM

507 posts, read 689,019 times
i was approved in under 1 month..but i had to present a file of paperwork,and some had to get notary-signed.

Old 10-18-2019, 06:51 PM

5 posts, read 9,368 times
It's been 6 weeks now my documents went to hpd. Still no response
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery