Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2017, 06:30 PM

126 posts, read 169,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiddleBee View Post
Is anyone having issues with the outlets. I can't seem to plug anything in
I thought they were broken too, but they're just so brand new that they haven't been broken in. you have to really put pressure on the plug, it'll go in. just needs some elbow grease.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2017, 06:30 PM

162 posts, read 248,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUNYC View Post
can't recall the exact number but I believe it was 35ish. the room is L shaped. there are more spots around the corner in the pic.

Thank you QUNYC...I saw the bike room today. I'm so happy to be here.

Old 02-20-2017, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
Welcome to the Projects. It's like the old projects, but with a splash of new sheen on them!
this building is far, far from being the projects.

Old 02-20-2017, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUNYC View Post
I thought they were broken too, but they're just so brand new that they haven't been broken in. you have to really put pressure on the plug, it'll go in. just needs some elbow grease.
I knew you would know...I finally got it Thank you.

Old 02-20-2017, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiddleBee View Post
I knew you would know...I finally got it Thank you.
Happy to help

Old 02-22-2017, 08:03 AM

61 posts, read 94,707 times
Just wiggle the plug side to side and it will go right in. That's how these outlets work.

I've had a great experience with my move. Super, Mr. Gerald is great, friendly and accommodating.

Issues: only two.

1. My internet cables had to be cut out of the wall. Yes, they Sheetrock over the cable wires. No problem, Gerald came over made a tiny hole and the cable guy was able to do his thing. Super is going to place the panel over it today so no big deal.

2. THIS IS THE BIG ONE! we are on the Stienway side. The late night noise is CRAZY. It's so loud. Every night around 2am some type of Trash pickup takes place and it's really loud.
We are having issue's sleeping but I hope that after a few days hopefully we will get use to it.

Old 02-22-2017, 01:36 PM

189 posts, read 287,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbasurero View Post
Just wiggle the plug side to side and it will go right in. That's how these outlets work.

I've had a great experience with my move. Super, Mr. Gerald is great, friendly and accommodating.

Issues: only two.

1. My internet cables had to be cut out of the wall. Yes, they Sheetrock over the cable wires. No problem, Gerald came over made a tiny hole and the cable guy was able to do his thing. Super is going to place the panel over it today so no big deal.

2. THIS IS THE BIG ONE! we are on the Stienway side. The late night noise is CRAZY. It's so loud. Every night around 2am some type of Trash pickup takes place and it's really loud.
We are having issue's sleeping but I hope that after a few days hopefully we will get use to it.

For #2 is it just noise only from the garbage truck???? are you on a lower floor that you can hear that???

How do you like the neighborhood so far?

Old 02-22-2017, 02:45 PM

We are on the Steinway side as well. I must be so exhausted from the move that i have not heard anything.

Old 02-23-2017, 01:58 PM

Astoria affordable housing developers want to cut off-street parking spots to reduce costs - QNS.com

Quote:
Richard Khuzami, board member and chair of the parks, recreation and cultural services committee, suggested that the developer provide a shuttle to train stations if they decide to get rid of the parking spaces.

“We should keep in mind that this facility is out of the way in terms of transportation other than some buses,” he said. “It’s a very long trek to the train.”
A shuttle? Yes please LOL

Old 02-25-2017, 06:46 AM

41 posts, read 54,219 times
can you guys post more pics of the Building and some apt photos, maybe bathroom pics please. I forgot what the units look like. Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery