Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2017, 02:44 PM

126 posts, read 169,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claralee View Post
Do you have to pay the full rent even if you move after the 15?
when you sign the lease they ask for 1 months rent. the following months rent is prorated and you get credited for the extra days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2017, 03:03 PM

43 posts, read 64,903 times
Congrats to all who have moved in!

I've got a few questions that I'm curious about:

1) Where did you go to get your new keys?

2) I remember being told that the laundry was in the cellar. Has anyone gone there to see if it's working and how big is it?

3) Originally when the building was being constructed there were various amenities including storage space (12,000 square feet), fitness center, laundry in the cellar & a rooftop terrace. You can read about it here and here. I'm just curious if anyone has been told or not if these amenities are still in the works or if it's been unfortunately nixed.

4) I had assumed that the rooftop terrace was going to be the actual roof of the building but then I heard from other people that it's really going to be the center courtyard of the building between both wings. Has anyone seen anything happening in this area?

Old 02-19-2017, 04:50 PM

162 posts, read 248,969 times
Wish I had saw this earlier QUNYC..I purchased additional boxes today. Thank you.

Old 02-19-2017, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycamore6000 View Post
Congrats to all who have moved in!

I've got a few questions that I'm curious about:

1) Where did you go to get your new keys?

2) I remember being told that the laundry was in the cellar. Has anyone gone there to see if it's working and how big is it?

3) Originally when the building was being constructed there were various amenities including storage space (12,000 square feet), fitness center, laundry in the cellar & a rooftop terrace. You can read about it here and here. I'm just curious if anyone has been told or not if these amenities are still in the works or if it's been unfortunately nixed.

4) I had assumed that the rooftop terrace was going to be the actual roof of the building but then I heard from other people that it's really going to be the center courtyard of the building between both wings. Has anyone seen anything happening in this area?
1) Same apartment/temporary office on the 2nd floor where they conduct interviews.

2) Laundry is working. I took some pics for you:

3) I found several doors marked "storage" in the cellar but they had tape over the sign, so its safe to assume its either not ready or not going to be for tenants. Haven't heard or seen anything mentioning a fitness center. The building does have a bicycle storage room which was a complete surprise and I think is awesome. Heres the bicycle room:

4) They refer to the rooftop terrace as the "courtyard" now, and it should be ready sometime this spring from what I was told. Its a pretty large area. Right now its completely bare, and theres maybe two dozen pallets with what looks like tiles, so its still going to be a while.

Old 02-20-2017, 07:57 AM

How many spots are available for bike storage.

Last edited by DiddleBee; 02-20-2017 at 09:17 AM..

Old 02-20-2017, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiddleBee View Post
How many spots are available for bike storage.
can't recall the exact number but I believe it was 35ish. the room is L shaped. there are more spots around the corner in the pic.

Old 02-20-2017, 10:56 AM

8 posts, read 7,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUNYC View Post
can't recall the exact number but I believe it was 35ish. the room is L shaped. there are more spots around the corner in the pic.
Thank You QUNYC for all the great information.

Old 02-20-2017, 04:13 PM

43 posts, read 64,903 times
Hi QUNYC thank you for taking the time to take the pictures. This is all very exciting. I can't wait till I'm in the building too

Old 02-20-2017, 05:23 PM

Is anyone having issues with the outlets. I can't seem to plug anything in.

I figured it out..they are tamper resistant.

Last edited by DiddleBee; 02-20-2017 at 06:28 PM..

Old 02-20-2017, 05:24 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,860,151 times
Welcome to the Projects. It's like the old projects, but with a splash of new sheen on them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery