Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2017, 08:44 AM

189 posts, read 287,687 times

Advertisements

Hey all

I forgot to ask for the super's phone # can somebody send it to via PM?

Also, were you given a letter that said your langsam account rep is such and such and it also explained that the rent can be paid up until the 10th -- I can't find what I did with that letter. If you could PM me a screenshot.

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2017, 05:15 PM

61 posts, read 94,707 times
Has anyone received mail in there mailbox? Just wondering cause I haven't.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:07 PM

13 posts, read 13,115 times
We ran into the mailman last Friday when we were moving in and he didn't have the keys to the mailboxes yet, so my guess is that they are holding onto it while they wait for the keys. I've received packages but not mail to my box.

Old 03-01-2017, 08:50 AM

162 posts, read 248,893 times
Thanks for the update ExiledVermonter.

Old 03-01-2017, 09:21 AM

189 posts, read 287,687 times
Has anyone experienced the prorated rent being calculated wrong?

Old 03-01-2017, 12:06 PM

If I do my own calculation, I'm $47 less. I can't complain, they let me move boxes in before my move in date.

Old 03-01-2017, 12:28 PM

Did anyone set up a seperate account for gas. When I switched addresses with Con Ed they told me they could only service electric and that I would have to use National Grid for gas. Correct me if Im wrong, but we not pay for gas, correct?

Old 03-01-2017, 06:38 PM

13 posts, read 13,115 times
DiddleBee, I don't think you should worry about setting up gas at all, it's covered in the rent. I would just ignore the directive to contact National Grid.

For anyone wondering about the fire alarm/sprinkler situation---I may have been the first person to set off their alarm (I had a seared steak that I was finishing off in the oven.) Lessons: 1. those things are mighty sensitive. I didn't even see smoke and they were going off. 2. It seems to take forever of waving towels at them to get them to stop. And in my two-bedroom apartment it feels like there are 5 of them that all go off. And they are super shrill. 3. The sprinklers are not activated by the fire alarms. To my knowledge sprinklers are heat activated so no sprinkler action here tonight.

Old 03-01-2017, 07:16 PM

43 posts, read 64,871 times
The bill for the prorated rent for those who have moved in this month after the 15th was handed out Monday afternoon of this week. I didn't realize the due date is just 2 days later, TODAY, and it had to be sent via mail! This is incredibly short-notice! Essentially management expects everyone to send it to them via Fedex and incur the expenses as this is the only way possible to receive the payment today if they handed it out Monday afternoon. I don't even come home from work until the evening leaving me only the next day Tuesday before I get a chance to send anything out! I hope this is not a sign of things to come

Old 03-01-2017, 07:32 PM

@ExiledVermonter..thank you, that's what I thought re: the gas. Do all the fire alarms go off? That's one of my worries...how the heck am I gonna get up there to turn them off...thanks for the info. I will be xtra careful when cooking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery