Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2017, 10:53 AM

126 posts, read 169,494 times

Advertisements

Looks like the honeymoon phase is over. So many complaints I sympathize with everyone's issues here though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plbplb View Post
Elevators on west side were down last night....only one is up today.

The stairs don't have reentry...luckily the super was around and he opened one the stairs and I was able to get upstairs

I think the idea that stairs don't have reentry kind of sucks what if the elevator breaks down again and no one is around to me upstairs!!!

Also, in rules from langsam it says not to drill any holes on the walls to use your own discretion when making a hole... So question has anyone put up wall decor?? I know you don't have to drill a hole to get that on the wall but like it kind of contradicts because you have make a hole with a nail to hang these things..
I've put up some frames. I'm using really thin small screws though, I would think twice before drilling a large hole. Although when I asked Langsam if I could mount a TV they said sure as long as I didn't mess up the install and drill more than 4 holes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycamore6000 View Post
I wish the commercial space would be an option but I don't see that happening. I'm certain those spaces are being counted on by the owner to bring in extra revenue which is something I'm sure was calculated into their decision when purchasing this existing development from the previous owner. Since the gym is supposed to be free to the tenants then whatever commercial space set aside for the gym would be lost revenue. Also some of my friends who live in the Manhattan have the residential gyms located in the basement so this is not unusual. If anything according to Steinway Estate's Schedule A filings, the proposed space usage for the commercial spaces on the ground floor are for medical offices & retail spaces so the tenant's gym was never in the cards unless it's by someone else opening a commercial gym in the same space which may or may not be free for us.

By the way has anyone seen the proposed gym space in the basement? I'm wondering if it's going to be a small room hence just a few things or a bigger space allowing for more equipment - trying to decide whether I should sign up for a local gym in the area or wait for this one?

The building's schedule A plans definitely listed a gym in the cellar, but those plans were altered, in what I assume was a move to expedite the CO process. I thought it was scrapped altogether. At this point a gym is a bonus, it doesn't matter where or how big it is, since it was never promised to us at the time of the lottery posting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2017, 11:50 AM

41 posts, read 54,219 times
I agree, either way I am happy we are getting a gym! Also, did you end up mounting your tv? I was told the same thing but would have to repair the wall once my lease is up.

Old 03-13-2017, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginaq View Post
I agree, either way I am happy we are getting a gym! Also, did you end up mounting your tv? I was told the same thing but would have to repair the wall once my lease is up.
I was planning on it, but decided against it until I upgrade to a bigger TV in a couple of years.

Old 03-13-2017, 12:31 PM

Does anyone have specturm? or is fios our only option?

Old 03-13-2017, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Does anyone have specturm? or is fios our only option?
I have spectrum.

Old 03-13-2017, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUNYC View Post
I have spectrum.
Spectrum site is not processing the address.

Old 03-15-2017, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Spectrum site is not processing the address.
Call them. Make sure you are using the 19-73 38th st address. I had to go through a little back and forth with them but they dispatched a tech the next day. FYI let the tech know that the coax cable connection is in the apartment. Mine was located in the closet by the front door behind a square plastic panel that was screwed in.

Old 03-15-2017, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUNYC View Post
Call them. Make sure you are using the 19-73 38th st address. I had to go through a little back and forth with them but they dispatched a tech the next day. FYI let the tech know that the coax cable connection is in the apartment. Mine was located in the closet by the front door behind a square plastic panel that was screwed in.

Thank you so much for the helpful info!

Old 03-17-2017, 09:45 AM

162 posts, read 248,893 times
So how does everybody feel about the key fob use for the elevator? I appreciate the security factor but my concern is how would emergency personnel gain access in the event you needed EMS or NYPD? FDNY has an elevator override key but not the others.

Last edited by DiddleBee; 03-17-2017 at 10:16 AM..

Old 03-17-2017, 12:11 PM

189 posts, read 287,687 times
Yes I agree with that! That is ridiculous! Also what about if you have people comin over you have to go downstairs and "activate" the elevators for them to come up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery