Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2017, 09:02 AM

189 posts, read 287,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycamore6000 View Post
I wonder if this the rate for Steinway residents or everybody? I'm guessing it's probably for everybody which nixes my hope that residents might get a special rate

I think it's for everyone because yesterday I got home early and the super was cleaning in the lobby and he told me to grab a flyer by the mailbox and that's the prices that were on it. He said to pass the info to neighbors and friends. Its not that economical for us tenants. We should get a better price since we do live there. And then the rest of the people that don't live there can pay the $220 or $12 whichever they pick.

Also, has anyone gotten the rent bill? I forgot to ask him yesterday if he was going to put them.on the door or langsam was mailing them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2017, 12:40 PM

41 posts, read 54,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiddleBee View Post
Buzz them in and meet them in the lobby.

That sucks!!! any news on the courtyard?

Old 03-30-2017, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginaq View Post

No not yet... I have seen them working on it they were there yesterday until 4PM

Old 03-31-2017, 05:15 AM

43 posts, read 64,834 times
Default Gym

Are there any updates on whether we're going to have a gym or not? I know the building is not obligated to but I'm sure hoping it still happens

Old 03-31-2017, 06:43 AM

162 posts, read 248,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginaq View Post
Yes it does..I appreciate the security measure, but in the event EMS or NYPD is needed, how do they reach your apt?

Old 03-31-2017, 03:41 PM

126 posts, read 169,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plbplb View Post
I think it's for everyone because yesterday I got home early and the super was cleaning in the lobby and he told me to grab a flyer by the mailbox and that's the prices that were on it. He said to pass the info to neighbors and friends. Its not that economical for us tenants. We should get a better price since we do live there. And then the rest of the people that don't live there can pay the $220 or $12 whichever they pick.

Also, has anyone gotten the rent bill? I forgot to ask him yesterday if he was going to put them.on the door or langsam was mailing them.
I got the rent bill yesterday

Old 04-03-2017, 01:33 PM

43 posts, read 64,834 times
Default Commerical Space

The commercial space on the ground is ginormous and I've been having fun anticipating what stores may eventually find a home there every time I walk by. Considering the industrial nature of the area, I'm hoping it doesn't turn out to be a continuation of what’s already on 19th ave or further up 20th ave. For what it’s worth, here's my wish-list of stores that I would love if they decided to give this area a shot!
  1. Bakery – The thought of that fresh bread smell in the morning would be irresistible!
  2. Upgraded wine store – yes, I know that there’s already one in that little mall across the park but what if they decided to move operations over hear and upgraded the selection and ambiance to something like the” Adega Wine & Spirits” store on Ditmars off 31st street….that would be killer!
  3. Restaurant – This would probably be a hard sell considering the industrial nature of the area but if the food is great people will come from far and wide so it’s not impossible
That’s all I got for now. Anyone have any other ideas or thoughts?

Old 04-04-2017, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycamore6000 View Post
The commercial space on the ground is ginormous and I've been having fun anticipating what stores may eventually find a home there every time I walk by. Considering the industrial nature of the area, I'm hoping it doesn't turn out to be a continuation of what’s already on 19th ave or further up 20th ave. For what it’s worth, here's my wish-list of stores that I would love if they decided to give this area a shot!
  1. Bakery – The thought of that fresh bread smell in the morning would be irresistible!
  2. Upgraded wine store – yes, I know that there’s already one in that little mall across the park but what if they decided to move operations over hear and upgraded the selection and ambiance to something like the” Adega Wine & Spirits” store on Ditmars off 31st street….that would be killer!
  3. Restaurant – This would probably be a hard sell considering the industrial nature of the area but if the food is great people will come from far and wide so it’s not impossible
That’s all I got for now. Anyone have any other ideas or thoughts?

1. Love the bakery idea

2. Good idea but then we would have drinkers lingering around the building...

3. Good idea too but then I feel like there might be a noise problem with people coming in and out and again people lingering around the area. But I'm up for food lol!!

* Maybe a supermarket - although we have on down the block and the one on Ditmars but it would be convenient just to go down and pick up something we need (in our pjs lol just kidding) then that would close at a decent time and we don't have deal with noise or people lingering around the building.

The GYM would be ideal like someone said before but they would lose money rather than gain -- so I'm not really sure what they can really put down there BUT would love a bakery lol

Old 04-05-2017, 07:48 PM

6,681 posts, read 6,025,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
.... and mine is 29,XXX - I have a snowball's chance on a warm June 29th hot new york city day

But I don't care, as I have no desire to live in Astoria. No offense to anyone
Oh my goodness. You guys would never believe.... I got called for this lottery! But after reading the complaints here - I am not sure I want to go through with it.

To be continued...

Old 04-06-2017, 05:26 AM

13 posts, read 13,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Oh my goodness. You guys would never believe.... I got called for this lottery! But after reading the complaints here - I am not sure I want to go through with it.

To be continued...
Don't be discouraged, so far it is mostly a great building and I'm so glad we moved here.

One of the complaints people have is the distance from the subway; I actually don't think it's that bad at all and if you walk down Ditmars the streetscape is interesting and makes it go fast. I lived in a subway dessert section of Long Island City before and the transpo situation here is actually better for me.

I haven't actually been bothered at all by the noise but I guess that depends on how sensitive you are to these things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery