Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2017, 02:40 PM

61 posts, read 94,726 times

Advertisements

So lets all call management and complain to them!!!

This is a risk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2017, 04:09 PM

43 posts, read 64,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plbplb View Post
Ok the door on the first floor is locked. So you can't go up the stairs from the first floor. in my floor there is tape on the lock on the door so the door is open and you can reenter so you can go down.
If the intent is to keep the door on the 1st floor locked from the outside so you can't gain entry to the stairway then this is incredibly worrisome! In the case of a medical emergency where every second counts such as a heart attack, delaying EMS from reaching you because they can't take the elevator or stairs to reach you could be the difference between life or death if it happens late at night when no one is around downstairs!

Old 03-18-2017, 04:22 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,859,455 times
A lot of you people are extremely ignorant about how these things work. Office buildings have the same set up and no one is dying left and right from heart attacks from EMS not getting there in time. Sorry you can't give FOBs to all your friends who are slobs.

Old 03-19-2017, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
A lot of you people are extremely ignorant about how these things work. Office buildings have the same set up and no one is dying left and right from heart attacks from EMS not getting there in time. Sorry you can't give FOBs to all your friends who are slobs.
5 Points to be made here:

1) Comparing office buildings to residential buildings is like comparing apples to oranges. Office buildings are an entirely different beast from residential buildings with each having their own set of safety concerns as well as city ordinances and regulations that mandate them. This false analogy makes about as much sense as fully equating a bicycle to a car simply because they get you from point A to point B.

2) If one were to entertain for a moment this false equivalency that you have laid out then a cursory observation would quickly reveal that emergency services are able to access all the floors within an office building if it’s late at night because, more often than not, there is a night guard posted who’s able to grant them access to their desired floor. This is not the same situation here.

3) Your statement that we can’t give FOBS to friends is a red herring since no one ever said nor directly implied that this was our intended solution. Plus this doesn’t even make sense on your part since what does giving FOBS to friends have anything to do with giving access to emergency services? Or were you implying that emergency services are our personal friends since you’re making this connection?

4) You have turned what may have been a meaningful comment into a personal attack by your assumption that our friends are slobs. This ad hominem attack used to undermine our legitimate concerns and discredit our arguments is frankly disgraceful deserving of no response.

5) Why are you even commenting here on something that doesn’t even affect you in the slightest bit? Didn’t you say that you turned down Steinway Estates back at the very beginning of this year in an earlier and have accepted “461 Dean St†in Brooklyn instead?

Lastly, let me just extend a congratulations to being accepted at 461 Dean St. It seems like a lovely building which I’m sure you’ll be happy in like most anyone would. Speaking for myself, I am very happy and extremely grateful for the opportunity to live in this wonderful building however that doesn’t mean that I don’t speak up for something that may affect me or my family. In doing so this does not by default negate the good feelings I have toward this building. So please refrain from disparaging residents here on this forum by trying to minimize our grievance simply because you don’t agree with their concerns.

Old 03-20-2017, 08:14 AM

By the way, I just thought that maybe in the end the building might be getting a night guard of sorts. Once the garage is open then, like most garages, I assume that there may be someone always posted in that area 24 hours a day. If that's the case then this will resolve the issue with any type of emergency services needing to gain quick access to the building and any or all floors

Old 03-22-2017, 08:35 AM

16 posts, read 19,890 times
Rather then all this speculation call the management company and demand answers. You all pay rent and your safety is paramount along with the convenience of you living in an apartment complex where you can have guests come and go. With the garage from what I was told that portion was sold to an outside company. So there will most likely be an attendant but not sure what he will have to do with the building as he is employed by the garage and not the property. Any news on the commercial space on the ground floor and tenants yet?

Old 03-28-2017, 09:28 PM

41 posts, read 54,253 times
how have you guys been letting your guests up?

Old 03-29-2017, 06:45 AM

162 posts, read 248,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginaq View Post
how have you guys been letting your guests up?
Buzz them in and meet them in the lobby.

Old 03-30-2017, 06:58 AM

189 posts, read 287,814 times
Did ya'll hear about the parking lot?? Its opening soon

Prices:

$12 for up to 12 hours
$220 a month

Old 03-30-2017, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plbplb View Post
Did ya'll hear about the parking lot?? Its opening soon

Prices:

$12 for up to 12 hours
$220 a month

I wonder if this the rate for Steinway residents or everybody? I'm guessing it's probably for everybody which nixes my hope that residents might get a special rate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery