Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2017, 01:37 PM

148 posts, read 130,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving415 View Post
Could anyone who's living there give the price for the amenities?

About $150 a month PER PERSON
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2017, 02:26 PM

1,258 posts, read 1,464,557 times
Thanks. That's what one has to pay to use the pool and gym, which is about all I'd be interested in? I don't care about the lounges. I assume this would not include the rooftop pool in the East Tower.

Old 09-01-2017, 10:25 PM

1 posts, read 1,232 times
Not a resident at copper but I have a friend who is a lottery winner of a 1 Bdr and just wanted to give my observations after numerous visits.

Staff=A+: The doormen and Super(s) treat everyone like rockstars. No poor-door here, they really go out out of their way to make everyone comfortable. Coming from a Manhattan doorman building where staff does diddly I was shocked to be offered coffee when visiting one morning out of the blue..

Apartment space= A-: original floorplan may been a HUGE studio divided to make a 1 BDR but its still fairly spacious. Bedroom easily fits a queen bed, dresser, 2 nightstands etc... Living-room is also fairly spacious although you have to be a bit creative to fit a dining space since its almost a perfect rectangle with one entire side being the kitchen. In total there are 3 floor to ceiling windows in the LR and 2 in the Bdr offering plenty of natural light. Bathroom is LARGE with nice slate flooring!

Appliances= Solid A: No skimping here... Huge fridge, stove/range, dishwasher all stainless steel (as opposed to the standard basic white appliances). Stacked Bosch washer/dryer (the washer is dead silent, literally can't tell when its on) Fancy Nest climate control for central air/heat that can be adjusted via internet app.

Overall finishes B/B+: Kitchen Cabinets, bathroom, closets, doors, overall finishes are probably not on par with a market rate apt but still solid.

Final verdict: Coming from a 1bdr rent stabilized apt in the area I really have to give the copper developers some props. I know they received massive tax breaks for the development but they didn't cheap-out on the lottery apartments. No forcing lottery people to carpet the beautiful oak flooring! Hopefully more 421-A developments follow their example.

Good luck to you all!!!!

Old 09-05-2017, 05:01 PM

56 posts, read 61,671 times
Dear NYC4LIFER can you tell me which is the G line in the building? What view would it be? I am still waiting for them to call me. I did not sign a lease, but signed papers for the G line.

thanks.

Old 09-07-2017, 07:51 PM

68 posts, read 99,771 times
Hi Everyone, After a 6 month wait, last week I was rejected by HPD. The reason wasn't that spelled out and the form letter I got from BG was kind of vague about the process. But I do think HPD was wrong and I immediately appealed. Depressing though. Completely strapped paying such high rent at my current place.

Old 09-07-2017, 08:00 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,844,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finmom View Post
Hi Everyone, After a 6 month wait, last week I was rejected by HPD. The reason wasn't that spelled out and the form letter I got from BG was kind of vague about the process. But I do think HPD was wrong and I immediately appealed. Depressing though. Completely strapped paying such high rent at my current place.
Need more details... Also, it is really strange for HPD to reject someone if you got past BG compliance.

Last edited by wiivile; 09-07-2017 at 08:13 PM..

Old 09-08-2017, 05:34 AM

Finmom, I was thinking about you just the other day, wondering if you got in to Copper. So sorry. I think you mean BG was wrong, and that BG rejected you at the last minute? Did BG say HPD said no?
That's a strange sequence of events. You were smart to appeal. It is tough to get an initial rejection overturned--you have to show clearly that an error was made, or that something crucial was not taken into account for HPD to "interfere" (its words) in the initial decision, but it does happen, and HPD does give a thorough review, so at least there's that. Good luck, and let us know what happens. We're all embedded in this serial drama together.

Last edited by Moving415; 09-08-2017 at 05:44 AM..

Old 09-08-2017, 06:22 AM

68 posts, read 99,771 times
Hi, Thanks all. No that's not what happened. BG approved me. They were as shocked as I was. I had to actually appeal HPD's decision to HPD. Most of my appeal just broke down all of the requirements and showed how I do qualify since they provided almost no information on their reasoning. And of course I also asked for more details, specific figures, and which part of the Gudielines they are using to disqualify me. It was more like "I need these questions answered in order to appeal...unless what I write here is an adequate appeal."

HPD wrote back immediately and said "thank you, we will follow up with the developer/marketing agent." But I had already waited since February (actually 7 months since the initial interview, and 6 months since BG sent my file to HPD.) So I am afraid to even hope it will be quick. It is so incredibly depressing. And I can find no information anywhere on how to appeal an HPD decision or the time frame, etc. Even the form letter from BG telling me about the HPD rejection was actually a form letter meant for appeals of BG decisions. Even they do not seem to know the process...other than that I have the right to appeal. And I do know I was entitled to much more specific information than was given.

I am hoping this was just about some individual agent at HPD and it is assigned to a new HPD agent who sees and gets all the thorough info provided by BG.

If anyone knows anything about the process of appealing an HPD decision do tell. Nothing at all in the Marketing Guidelines.

Last edited by finmom; 09-08-2017 at 06:28 AM.. Reason: forgot something

Old 09-08-2017, 06:53 AM

This is very unusual. The time frame to appeal a decision to HPD is five business days, but HPD is a touch--note I said a touch--flexible on this, but it sounds as if you acted right away, so don't worry about that. It sounds as if you appealed in exactly the right way by referring to specific guidelines in the appeal. It will likely not be quick. I would give it two weeks--you don't want to rush HPD, as you could risk just having it rubber stamp the initial rejection--and then call the HPD Compliance desk, which will look up your appeal and tell you if it's still under review. I found the phone call usually prompts HPD a bit, but again, don't rush the agency. The "thank you, we will follow up with the developer/marketing agent" is standard HPD boilerplate (I know, I'm the appeal queen, and I've won some and lost some), but at least it confirms that your appeal was received. Keep us posted. I still think you'll prevail, and if not, you will have learned a ton for future lotteries.

Old 09-08-2017, 07:15 AM

4,783 posts, read 6,589,702 times
Finmon, Just guessing here, but could HPD be counting something as an asset? I know you said you coowned a co-op with your mother and sold it. Would your half have put you over the $57,000 limit? I'm very sorry you're going through this setback. Plus it's disheartening to not receive any details! It's as if HPD is ignoring its own guidelines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery