Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2017, 08:30 PM

275 posts, read 257,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray_nyc View Post
thank you everyone! i loved the apartment..... closet heaven for sure! it was very quick.... unfortunately I got nothing! They know nothing about when the move in date would be... I did find out that we all get a MMID "must move in date" that' s a deadline date. If lease is not signed by that date then all paperwork must be updated! fingers crossed we all sign our leases before that happens!
Did they say if they are confident we will all get in by our MMIDs? Or that they're at least trying to make it happen? I just can't take much more of this waiting! Today is exactly 9 months for me since I got the first email. Ugh.

Old 11-17-2017, 03:34 PM

712 posts, read 771,472 times
Me too> today makes 9 months since I received my letter for an interview. And it’s not over yet!!!!

Old 11-17-2017, 03:37 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,843,669 times
Chase won't fill out my bank verification form. lol

Old 11-17-2017, 04:19 PM

43 posts, read 90,186 times
my interview is this Tuesday

Old 11-17-2017, 05:15 PM

Good luck on your journey

Old 11-18-2017, 11:10 PM

26 posts, read 29,544 times
Default 2br?

Quote:
Originally Posted by New light baptist View Post
I was wondering why they started with the 2nd floor first. Someone said (I don’t remember who);that the 2nd floor apts were larger than the other floors. There are only 12 apts on the 2nd floor all other floors have about 22. Over my apt there is not a one bedroom but there are 2 studios, so I guess being lower definitely has its benefits.
As far as decorating I’d sleep in a sleeping bag in the middle of the floor (ha-ha). I just want to be in.
Wow, so happy for you! Are you in a 2BR?

Old 11-19-2017, 03:45 PM

No, a really nice one bedroom, I am single

Old 11-19-2017, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New light baptist View Post
No, a really nice one bedroom, I am single
i was just trying to understand what you were saying about the 2nd floor first. Because the larger units should potentially be the 2 BRs for families.

Did you get to see the amenities in the main building? From what a guy that works there told me is that all of those amenities will be shared and they haven't decided whether there will be a doorman yet...so they installed the virtual doorman system which you probably saw. Did they verify that in the viewing?

I had my roundtable and the dude said I was approved and that I would be moving in by November! Haha. Then it went to leasing and the person there said, we haven't even reviewed your file yet! I don't know what else there is to review. But it just seems like no one know anything over there as you get different answers from different people. The guy from the interview was basically convincing me that it was a done deal! He said after the roundtable approval - i was going to choose my unit and sign the lease. He seemed to have no idea about the leasing team! I still haven't heard from them. It's been since end of October when they told me i'd know more in about 7-10 days.

Old 11-19-2017, 08:25 PM

275 posts, read 257,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWEETHOMEUWS View Post
i was just trying to understand what you were saying about the 2nd floor first. Because the larger units should potentially be the 2 BRs for families.

Did you get to see the amenities in the main building? From what a guy that works there told me is that all of those amenities will be shared and they haven't decided whether there will be a doorman yet...so they installed the virtual doorman system which you probably saw. Did they verify that in the viewing?

I had my roundtable and the dude said I was approved and that I would be moving in by November! Haha. Then it went to leasing and the person there said, we haven't even reviewed your file yet! I don't know what else there is to review. But it just seems like no one know anything over there as you get different answers from different people. The guy from the interview was basically convincing me that it was a done deal! He said after the roundtable approval - i was going to choose my unit and sign the lease. He seemed to have no idea about the leasing team! I still haven't heard from them. It's been since end of October when they told me i'd know more in about 7-10 days.
I was told definitely no doorman, and I didn't get to see any amenities. They also just assigned me a unit and I didn't choose it.

This wait is so frustrating. Have you tried to reach out to the leasing team for a new timeline? My emails have just been getting ignored. I'm so scared I'm going to have to submit documents again and then get rejected for some reason or another. Why can't this just wrap up already??

Old 11-19-2017, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesnyc View Post
I was told definitely no doorman, and I didn't get to see any amenities. They also just assigned me a unit and I didn't choose it.

This wait is so frustrating. Have you tried to reach out to the leasing team for a new timeline? My emails have just been getting ignored. I'm so scared I'm going to have to submit documents again and then get rejected for some reason or another. Why can't this just wrap up already??
I hear you. I just want to know one way or the other. It's so interesting (and totally obnoxious) how this system works. I actually got rejected after my first interview back in April. Then I appealed and got everything squared away. In the 2nd interview which was in early October I believe the guy said we choose our own units. It was someone that works at the building that told me about the doorman - i could care less, i was just curious how they leave packages.

I called the Leasing person. I don't have their email. I haven't got through - so i figured i'll wait a little longer. I don't want to be annoying but am just so curious. However, if what you all are saying is correct - that if the move in isn't until Jan - and you have to resubmit everything, that would just be crazy!!! I don't understand if you sign a lease how they could do that. it also makes no sense in terms of how much time and money they are wasting if they have to continually review all your paperwork.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery