Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2024, 11:16 AM

21 posts, read 20,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliii View Post
So they need it besides paystubs?
Personally, all they asked for from my job was paystubs.

Last edited by brooklynnyc718; 03-11-2024 at 11:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2024, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tati Orange View Post
Hey all,

Asking those who have already moved into Tower 77: could you please share your opinion? What are the pros/cons? I'd really appreciate it!
Moved in the first week of March. The concierge staff is nice, and amenities are still under construction, except for the gym. The parking/garage is not ready yet.

You won't get a keyfob (I was told you have to pay for that), but you do get a card (on your phone). So, ensure your phone has batteries to avoid fees if you get locked out.

One thing that surprised me was that everything was electric. They say they cover water and heat, but the heater is electric SO that's another expense.

Verizon only for internet ...

So far, it's pretty quiet. Or at least where my unit is.

Old 03-11-2024, 06:31 PM

46 posts, read 38,503 times
I believe this was asked already, but how long did it take for anyone to get the TIC after viewing/sending additional documents?

Also, has anyone gotten a formal rejection letter even after viewing your "assigned" unit?

Old 03-11-2024, 07:24 PM

27 posts, read 24,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynnyc718 View Post
Personally, all they asked for from my job was paystubs.
Quote:
Moved in the first week of March. The concierge staff is nice, and amenities are still under construction, except for the gym. The parking/garage is not ready yet.

You won't get a keyfob (I was told you have to pay for that), but you do get a card (on your phone). So, ensure your phone has batteries to avoid fees if you get locked out.

One thing that surprised me was that everything was electric. They say they cover water and heat, but the heater is electric SO that's another expense.

Are you North or South Tower?

Just signed me lease moving in April 15th

How was the move in process?

Old 03-11-2024, 09:01 PM

45 posts, read 32,533 times
How much is the keyfob?

Have you gotten your first electric bill? If so, what was it like?

Do you like your unit?

Quote:

Old 03-12-2024, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejedajt24 View Post
Are you North or South Tower?

Just signed me lease moving in April 15th

How was the move in process?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96Tears View Post
How much is the keyfob?

Have you gotten your first electric bill? If so, what was it like?

Do you like your unit?
I'm not sure about the price. I didn't ask, honestly, but the e-card works just fine. If there is more than one member in the unit, they can download the app and get access to the card.

For move-in, you will schedule the date and time with the concierge. You will need renters insurance, in case they haven't mentioned. If you're using a moving company, you will need a COI. If it's a self-move-in, you don't. You only have 2 hours to move in.

For electric, it's confusing (and you guys will see). I was informed that they are still in process with ConEd, they are under another company, because of this I was unable to create an account with ConEd because when you use the Tower 77 address, it comes up as a business. Not a home address (also the unit numbers don't come up on ConEd's end). Do not create an account for a business.

I like my unit so far. I feel that a lot of the complaints that I'm hearing are mostly about the amenities, but the building isn't done yet.

Old 03-12-2024, 08:07 AM

45 posts, read 32,533 times
This is all so helpful--thank you.

Can you tell us about mail and package delivery? Are you able to get mail and packages delivered?

Thank you!

Quote:
I'm not sure about the price. I didn't ask, honestly, but the e-card works just fine. If there is more than one member in the unit, they can download the app and get access to the card.

For move-in, you will schedule the date and time with the concierge. You will need renters insurance, in case they haven't mentioned. If you're using a moving company, you will need a COI. If it's a self-move-in, you don't. You only have 2 hours to move in.

For electric, it's confusing (and you guys will see). I was informed that they are still in process with ConEd, they are under another company, because of this I was unable to create an account with ConEd because when you use the Tower 77 address, it comes up as a business. Not a home address (also the unit numbers don't come up on ConEd's end). Do not create an account for a business.

I like my unit so far. I feel that a lot of the complaints that I'm hearing are mostly about the amenities, but the building isn't done yet.

Old 03-12-2024, 08:48 AM

14 posts, read 9,479 times
Log number #3xx - no preference.

Submitted docs on 2/27 - went to view unit yesterday.

My wife and I were truly blown away with the unit, a lot of the building is under construction still. There is a mail room & package room that you get access to when you get a package delivered.

Gym was nice, had a bunch of new equipment. A lot of out door spaces. Saw the pool from outside of the door and it was a nice lap pool.

The commute to the building is rough for us, which might be our biggest 'con' for here. We currently live and work in the city and don't have to rely on the subway at all, and now this would be introduced into both of our commutes. Also going from our current affordable housing unit to this one will jump us up almost double what we currently pay due to us getting better jobs since moving in to our current place.

Old 03-12-2024, 11:00 AM

11 posts, read 8,622 times
The lease will depend on your AMI level and that will be fixed for 1-2 years depending on your choice of lease length. When you renew your lease my assumption is that the rent will go up by a very small amount to adjust for inflation similar to other rent stabilized buildings. It will not be based on any new income, it seems that most buildings under this program don't typically do recertification of income(Basing this on my research of this subject but some people have said building will sometimes recertify, but typically rents do not go back up to market rate).

For the baby I would just go on the side of caution and add them as a dependent for now, the documentation/viewing/accepting process can take up to a month if not longer so you might have some time to get the docs, and maybe they will allow another medical form to confirm baby/pregnancy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliii View Post
Good afternoon everybody,

I just got contacted from the development company to submit my documents. My log number 7## city employee preference.
I have two questions. now this is rent amount will be fixed amount each year or will change depending on the income. second question, we will get new baby this month, and the certificate of birth might take time to issued, so how can I add baby to my application?

Old 03-12-2024, 11:06 AM

11 posts, read 8,622 times
Quote:

ooooh this is interesting, so are all of the amenities accessible through phone?

follow-up question can you share the digital key with someone who is not living there? Wondering for when I'm out of town and may need someone to watch over my pet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery