Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2024, 04:45 PM

3 posts, read 8,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbabyy131 View Post
I was recently asked to submit documents but I can't get ahold of my 2022 W2! There is a 2022 "W2 Summary" attached to my State Tax Return though. Do you think they'll accept that? I believe it has all the same info as the original copy. Otherwise, I'm afraid it might take too long to track down the original copy! Help??!
Hi can you can try to retrieve it using the ADP website.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2024, 04:52 PM

17 posts, read 11,352 times
The company didn't use ADP so it wouldn't be stored in their system.

Old 01-09-2024, 05:03 PM

39 posts, read 16,798 times
Quick question, how do I know if the units in my AMI are full before my log number is reached? I have a relatively low log number of 2x and about ~10 units available in my AMI bracket.

Old 01-09-2024, 10:19 PM

83 posts, read 31,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4mas_5376 View Post
Quick question, how do I know if the units in my AMI are full before my log number is reached? I have a relatively low log number of 2x and about ~10 units available in my AMI bracket.
I asked this question in email and the marketing agent didn't reply. I believe you should call them or HPD to get such info.

Old 01-09-2024, 10:47 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,626,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4mas_5376 View Post
First, don’t withdraw with a log# like that, no matter what you hear or think. Stuff happens. If they are not pursuing you already don’t assume you won’t get an offer. We don’t know what is going on in that office where there can be multiple priorities.

I assume your household size qualifies for all of the ~10 units. A one person household does not qualify for 3 bedroom no matter the AMI.

Short frustrating answer is you don’t know. Read posts for clues. Hope you get some communication.

Do you consider a unit that has been offered but not yet accepted or declined full or not? If a unit is not leased and occupied it could be said to not be filled, but is it fair to say that when an offer is out there for a great unit that almost nobody would turn down? Well, maybe it’s an awesome unit offered to a couple, one loves it and one hates it. An agent might not know about this disagreement of opinion.

These people are motivated to fill units, much less motivated to field questions. If the units are a good value they don’t need to be as concerned about customer service.

If the building has a 50% Community Board preference that doesn’t meant that only half of the ~10 units you qualify for goes to that allotment. It can be any combination of unit sizes and AMI that adds up to 50%.

Be prepared to wait.

Old 01-10-2024, 12:24 AM

39 posts, read 16,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
First, don’t withdraw with a log# like that, no matter what you hear or think. Stuff happens. If they are not pursuing you already don’t assume you won’t get an offer. We don’t know what is going on in that office where there can be multiple priorities.

I assume your household size qualifies for all of the ~10 units. A one person household does not qualify for 3 bedroom no matter the AMI.

Short frustrating answer is you don’t know. Read posts for clues. Hope you get some communication.

Do you consider a unit that has been offered but not yet accepted or declined full or not? If a unit is not leased and occupied it could be said to not be filled, but is it fair to say that when an offer is out there for a great unit that almost nobody would turn down? Well, maybe it’s an awesome unit offered to a couple, one loves it and one hates it. An agent might not know about this disagreement of opinion.

These people are motivated to fill units, much less motivated to field questions. If the units are a good value they don’t need to be as concerned about customer service.

If the building has a 50% Community Board preference that doesn’t meant that only half of the ~10 units you qualify for goes to that allotment. It can be any combination of unit sizes and AMI that adds up to 50%.

Be prepared to wait.
Thanks for the responsive tips! I am definitely not withdrawing my application with such an log number that I have. Hopefully I get some communication soon from the agent.

Old 01-10-2024, 06:34 AM

71 posts, read 30,365 times
Can I ask how long is the wait time to hear back a decision from hpd once you’ve sent in your documents and application say under review

Old 01-10-2024, 07:18 AM

19 posts, read 11,115 times
after i sent in my documents the agent emailed me a packet of forms to sign.. the TIC && also send 12 months rent receipts. i see many people say that the unit they applied for was filled out on this paper.. in my case there was no unit just the building address does anyone know why there was no unit ?

Old 01-10-2024, 08:15 AM

74 posts, read 49,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbabyy131 View Post
The company didn't use ADP so it wouldn't be stored in their system.
The IRS might have a copy. Per my accountant, they were able to retrieve past W2s (info) directly from the IRS.

Old 01-10-2024, 08:30 AM

115 posts, read 68,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashsolae View Post
after i sent in my documents the agent emailed me a packet of forms to sign.. the TIC && also send 12 months rent receipts. i see many people say that the unit they applied for was filled out on this paper.. in my case there was no unit just the building address does anyone know why there was no unit ?
In my experience - this means they have not made a decision yet that you got a unit, they are probably moving forward with the batches paperwork and they are ready to file another one if someone with a lower number does not get the unit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery