Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2024, 08:31 AM

115 posts, read 68,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinadadoll View Post
Can I ask how long is the wait time to hear back a decision from hpd once you’ve sent in your documents and application say under review
this is different for everyone, mine took 18 hours but ive seen some people that have been waiting 3 weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2024, 11:59 AM

1 posts, read 990 times
How is part-time W2 income treated? For example, my wife is making 1K per month doing online marketing. Her previous yr income was roughly double that working full-time. Since she'd be making more working FT, will this cause problems with "income projection"?

Old 01-10-2024, 02:08 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,437,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger91 View Post
How is part-time W2 income treated? For example, my wife is making 1K per month doing online marketing. Her previous yr income was roughly double that working full-time. Since she'd be making more working FT, will this cause problems with "income projection"?
Income is income, they don't care if it is part time, full time, contract, self-employed, gift, interest, income from assets etc. etc. etc. They will total up all household income sources to determine if you qualify.

They will look at multiple sources of documentation to calculate what your income is, taxes, w2s, 1099s, pay stubs, bank statements, money apps like venmo, self-employment documentation, what ever applies to your situation. They review all of it and calculate the highest annual income they can and use that as the projection. If you have documentation to show that they miscalculated, for example if an income source has stopped, you will have to show that.

THe HPD handbook details the income calculation process: https://www.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/downl...dbook-8-21.pdf

Old 01-11-2024, 11:33 AM

144 posts, read 80,660 times
Do the marketing agents or HPD google applicants before reaching out?

Old 01-11-2024, 12:31 PM

603 posts, read 598,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennbrazil View Post
Do the marketing agents or HPD google applicants before reaching out?
That's not part of the process, but nothing can stop them from doing a Google search on their own. It should not matter in terms of the application process.

Old 01-11-2024, 02:10 PM

42 posts, read 30,931 times
Seems like the mini lotteries are a lot easier to get based on the boards - are there mini lotteries that exist outside of housing connect?

Old 01-11-2024, 07:39 PM

7 posts, read 4,688 times
When reaching out to the marketing agent about getting the employment form needed because I can't provide paystubs - how long of non-response is normal? It's still a week and a half out from my document deadline but the agent hasn't responded all week so I'm paranoid now

Old 01-11-2024, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misstify View Post
When reaching out to the marketing agent about getting the employment form needed because I can't provide paystubs - how long of non-response is normal? It's still a week and a half out from my document deadline but the agent hasn't responded all week so I'm paranoid now
You could try reaching out to HPD and they can reach out to the agency on your behalf. They did this for me when I was having 0 luck getting my agency to respond to me and they contacted me within an hour of HPD reaching out.

Worst case, I would submit all you other docs on time and send a follow up email to the agency right after stating that due to not receiving the form per your [first contact attempt date], you submitted everything else. That way you have a paper trail of your attempts to comply with the requests in case you need to appeal.

Old 01-11-2024, 09:25 PM

2 posts, read 1,112 times
1) Does credit score affect your eligibility?

2) are they flexible with income limits? Ex: if I make $46,305 and the income range ends at $46,000, do I have a chance? Thank you in advance!

Old 01-11-2024, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat2610 View Post
1) Does credit score affect your eligibility?

2) are they flexible with income limits? Ex: if I make $46,305 and the income range ends at $46,000, do I have a chance? Thank you in advance!
1) you can choose to provide proof of on time rent payments for the last 12 months instead of a credit check.

2) 0 flexibility, the limit is 100% firm down to the penny. That said, don't withdraw, let them calculate your income which may be in your favor. Also AMIs increase each year in April so you may find you do qualify once that occurs if you haven't been processed yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery