Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2012, 01:39 PM

125 posts, read 238,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear&Whiskey View Post
Yes but it was the 'evil rich people' as you put it, who are the biggest welfare scroungers of the lot. The financial sector would have been eradicated if it had not been propped up by taxpayer's money and the federal Government that many Americans so clearly (and bizarrely) despise.

The lopsided wage growth in the upper echelons of the financial sector doesn't come without a cost either. It is subsidised by the working man and a stagnation in wage growth which has seen the middle-class in America diminish over the past decade. That's why the financial sector funds politics in America and controls the media establishment. To convince you all that it's the homeless and the welfare claimants that have taken your country to the cleaners. Yet there are far more generous benefit systems throughout the western world who have far healthier employment figures than America.

But as long as you've got your pitchfork and sawn off shotgun I'm sure you'll be able to keep the snarling wolves at bay. Good luck.
My goodnesss...that was quite a rant!

Didn't I see you at an Occupy Houston rally?
Click image for larger version

Name:	047 - Copy.JPG
Views:	6495
Size:	934.4 KB
ID:	89596

Old 01-09-2012, 01:54 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
FYI UrbanLife and others that do not understand:
The Second Amendment says the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Would you consider it an infringement on your right to free speech if you had to send in an application to make a speech and wait for several weeks/months for a public official to issue OR deny that permit?

It is an infringement to have to ASK for permission to exercise a right. WE THE PEOPLE DO NOT need to ask for permission to keep and bear arms according to the Constitution. Any law or ordinance forcing WE THE PEOPLE to ask permission to exercise a Constitutional right is committing treason.
\
GL2

GL2
So you are telling me I can kill someone with words? I personally want background checks on people who want to be gun owners because the last thing I wanna see is someone not fit to have a gun using their gun as their form of freedom of speech.

If someone got out of prison tomorrow and wanted to buy a gun on "his way home" would you let him? So when you mention "we the people," we the people would like to make sure that only those who seem fit to carry should be allowed to.

Old 01-09-2012, 01:57 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistergus75 View Post
You bet.

If you need more instruction regarding the Constitution and individual liberty, I encourage you to listen to conservative talk radio.

You'll find that nationally, conservative talk radio dominates. Liberal talk radio has never done well, mainly because liberalism doesn't hold up well under discussion and scrutiny.
You keep telling yourself that...or better yet, keep letting those talking heads tell you what to think. Most liberals get their news from multiple sources than those that listen to talk radio...if you want to be more informed, you should listen to the ones you disagree with to get a better perspective than to listen to those that simply repeat everything you want them to say...that is one of the biggest problem in politics.

Old 01-09-2012, 02:01 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchy93 View Post
Houston, TX?? LOL your speech is so ignorant and stupid that I can't even believe that you are talking seriously
What did he say that was dumb? Or this this typical NY crap about Texas...can't argue substance so start name-calling.

Old 01-09-2012, 02:25 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,595,226 times
Interesting story from the gun nuts utopia called Arizona...
It would be funny if it wasn't real.

Arizona Student, 7-Years-Old, Fires Gun On Packed School Bus (VIDEO)

Go NRA!

Old 01-09-2012, 02:25 PM

1,068 posts, read 2,022,708 times
Quote:
My goodnesss...that was quite a rant!

Didn't I see you at an Occupy Houston rally?
Attachment 89596

Nope. Pretty sure I'd remember that unless I was too wacked out on weed or wasted to remember it. Given that I must be a neatly packaged caricature I suppose I must also eat lentil burgers, wear sandals and have a scraggly beard that has grown to the tips of my toenails. I also happen to like hugging trees, throwing the peace sign, campfire singalongs along with randomly uttering words such as 'dude' and 'like, whatever man' on a frequent and regular basis for no apparent reason whatsoever.

You've got me. And I do applaud your originality. It must have taken you quite some time to pop that well worn pearl of wisdom back into the microwave for the 469,000th helping. But keep em coming, I never get tired of hearing em.

Old 01-09-2012, 02:55 PM

19,058 posts, read 13,977,271 times
Mistergus, I notice you have refused to respond to my posts, one of the very few gun owners living in NYC who has posted here. I'm left to assume that it is because if someone who carries every day doesn't endorse your free-for-all gun ownership view, you choose to ignore them rather than be forced to respond intelligently. It is certainly much easier to respond to someone you can label as a liberal or an "occupier" than someone who just like you do, got home from work and took his concealed handgun off his belt.

Old 01-09-2012, 03:07 PM

142 posts, read 259,842 times
Quote:
Ahh, but that's not the masses who do that (if true).

It's those evil rich people, the ones carrying the load for the welfare types who have the votes, expect their checks, and surrender their freedoms.

Add to that those who don't believe in individual liberty anyway, and...we have New York City.
Ok, here is something that's always bugged me about this angle:
In major cities with a high cost of living, middle class salaries reflect that. Because of the structure of the tax code, people in large cities in the middle income bracket get slammed on their taxes, while people who earn a comfortable amount in cheaper areas are more likely to do better with their taxes, both proportonately and in absolute terms. So while their tax dollars support transportation infrastructure and assorted subsidies in the heartland, they can also look forward to being called sheeplike libs by the very people their tax dollars prop up. Of course, given the way that the senate is configured, it is difficult to imagine people in densely populated areas ever getting a real chance to cut off the tax faucet that keeps people in those freedom-loving western states afloat.

Old 01-09-2012, 03:13 PM

125 posts, read 238,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Mistergus, I notice you have refused to respond to my posts, one of the very few gun owners living in NYC who has posted here.
I don't feel your situation merits much of a response. Of course there are some gun owners in NYC, but the issue is the outrageous fees, restrictions, bureaucratic roadblocks and regulations that make gun ownership virtually impossible to all except the...how did you describe yourself...? "One of the very few."

You have a gun only because the State said you could, not because it's you right. You actually take pride in that, and believe that gives you the right to chime in as "a gun owner"? Shame on you.

Why don't you concern yourself with the right of all Americans to gun ownership, instead of a privilege granted to you (one of the very few) by the State?

Gun ownership shouldn't be limited to "the very few". And your "I got mine" attitude doesn't help.

Last edited by mistergus75; 01-09-2012 at 03:31 PM..

Old 01-09-2012, 03:32 PM

39 posts, read 45,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
"Seeking permission from the government...simply to purchase a handgun. This is nuts."

Yea, totally insane right?
Also, most of the population doesn't contribute money to television celebrity preachers sent by God to take their money, doesn't drive their car just to drop off their trash at the curb, doesn't wear their hair bleached, and doesn't live in fear of everything and everyone around them and kid themselves that that equates to being free. Its awful here, good job you're staying down there with all the cattle.
The sad part of your post is you probably Do believe that you speak for and know the personal habits of the entire population of NYC.

I think the statistics would be interesting to see how your statement stacks up to reality.

Quite frankly, when someone with your view ask me why I carry a gun and what I'm afraid of my answer is always the same.
I carry because it is withing my rights to do so and I am afraid of nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City