Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 12:08 PM

2,517 posts, read 4,259,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
Why don't you sell your building and move as far away from the "ghetto element" as possible, why do you choose to stay and live amongst ppl you have such deep rooted hatred for. It often seems that you have a fixation with ghetto ppl... maybe a love/hate relationship?
How about this...why do you SYMPATHIZE ghetto people??? Why are you defending them? Are you one? Thereis a diiference between being poor and being ghetto. You make it seem like ghetto people are angels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2012, 12:28 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,259,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
How about this...why do you SYMPATHIZE ghetto people??? Why are you defending them? Are you one? Thereis a diiference between being poor and being ghetto. You make it seem like ghetto people are angels.
Just making money like you. That's the main point at the end of the day, isn't it?

Old 12-08-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Just making money like you. That's the main point at the end of the day, isn't it?
FOH with that making money BS. Thats such a ignorant statement. But I'm not surprised coming from you. Is that the best defense you have? "They making money"? How about making money the legal way? Oh wait, employers don't hire ghetto people with "thug life" tattooed on their neck.

Old 12-08-2012, 02:29 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,222,063 times
Lol

Hilltop/Cain 2016

Old 12-08-2012, 02:30 PM

Where did I mention making money the illegal way? Many work hard but still remain poor but would qualify and will always qualify as one of those ghetto ppl by so many.

But that's for another thread!

Old 12-08-2012, 02:48 PM

Radovan Karadzic (Butcher of Bosnia) for Bronx Borough president and will shall see some change!

Old 12-08-2012, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Where did I mention making money the illegal way? Many work hard but still remain poor but would qualify and will always qualify as one of those ghetto ppl by so many.

But that's for another thread!
My comment was specifically made towards ghetto people, not poor people. I asked you why you sympathize with ghetto people and your reply was cause they making money. Yeah they making money...sell drugs and bustling. Hence my comment about making money the legal way.

Humble poor people I have no issue with. Its the arrongant, ghetto class I can't stand and who my comment was made to. So check yourself homie.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:13 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,388,777 times
Looks like at least some downtown people are moving uptown to higher ground:

NYers fed up with flood-prone apts. below 23rd Street now want to move uptown due to Sandy - NYPOST.com

I figure this would happen on some level, but wonder how far uptown people would go, and how many for that matter.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:20 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,171,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Looks like at least some downtown people are moving uptown to higher ground:

NYers fed up with flood-prone apts. below 23rd Street now want to move uptown due to Sandy - NYPOST.com

I figure this would happen on some level, but wonder how far uptown people would go, and how many for that matter.
I highly doubt many people would relocate uptown due to Sandy. Maybe a few, but for most, "uptown" may be Midtown. I can't see the people who choose to live in neighborhoods downtown leave those amenities and travel times behind.

Though after some investigation, some may settle way up town due to discoveries such as lower rent. Who knows.

Old 12-11-2012, 03:58 PM

25,556 posts, read 24,005,904 times
As I noted in other threads, I lived in Far Rockaway. Before I lived in Far Rockaway, I lived on 96th street. When I moved to Far Rockaway early this year, my renters insurance company dropped me as they said they didn't insure flood zones. So I shopped around until I found a company that would ensure coastal areas. Then months later hurricane sandy came. I lost everything, but luckily I had renters insurance. Anyway, I decided to move to the Bronx, as there are a lot of schools in upper Manhattan and the Bronx, and I am applying to grad school (MA programs).

There were two important factors to making me not wanting to live in a flood prone area. There is the physical danger to one's life. There's the misery of not having power for weeks. Added to that, insurance companies are saying that they will not insure Zone A properties. Without insurance, banks will not issue mortgages.

So people from Flood Zone areas are quite serious when they say they will move to uptown Manhattan, which didn't flood. And for the record, I am happy I got a place in the North Bronx. I had to submit proof of income, bank statements, undergo credit checks, show proof I got money from FEMA. One place denied me because the landlord thought my student loan balance was too high (though my credit is good) but another place accepted me. I moved in already. It certainly beats being HOMELESS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City