Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2013, 03:05 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,479,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Was there a crap load of violent crime on your college campus?
No. I went to a first tier upper middle class private school. That is why I think this thread is a load of crap. They are a lot of people that do things they should not. They get away with it because they do not fit the profile. On the other hand, there are people who fit the profile and are constantly harassed. If we are going to stop and frisk, the criteria needs to be expanded. I am not sure how but it needs to be more equitable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2013, 05:06 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
You're conflating unrelated issues. No innocent people have been shot as a result of a stop, question and frisk encounter.
You're trying to introduce reality into this thread?
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
I don't support it, but my guess is that you profile people that live in the neighborhoods where most of the crime takes place.
That's a major outcome of CompStat:
1. Where is the crime?
2. Who is committing the crime?
3. Chief says: "Dammit, who's trying to deter the criminals?"
4. Captain returns to precinct, yells at lieutenants, who yell at sergeants, who yell at police officers!
What are they yelling? "I want more 250s!"
http://i.imgur.com/PNt6AOw.png

Last edited by bigjake54; 12-20-2013 at 05:21 PM..

Old 12-20-2013, 05:17 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,307,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlife36 View Post
No. I went to a first tier upper middle class private school. That is why I think this thread is a load of crap. They are a lot of people that do things they should not. They get away with it because they do not fit the profile. On the other hand, there are people who fit the profile and are constantly harassed. If we are going to stop and frisk, the criteria needs to be expanded. I am not sure how but it needs to be more equitable.
So then they would need to have an uptick of stop and frisks in areas that do not have the majority of the crime. Your proposal would be for them to stop and frisk as much in, say Forest Hills, as East New York. Not a very good allocation of resources. Or they should start hunting down white people in the higher crime neighborhoods.

Old 12-20-2013, 05:20 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,238,832 times
Quote:
I have only been offered drugs once in my life and I was raised in a poor neighborhood.
You must have been the only one.
Quote:
this thread is a load of crap.
Except for the above comment?
Quote:
many black men are not reliable.
Well, at least they're not offering you drugs!
You know, there are some white men, asian men & latinos, who are reliable ...

Old 12-20-2013, 05:58 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
I have chosen not to have children. Unfortunately, many black men are not reliable. I see too many professional black women raising children on their own and I am not going to do that. Some of these women are making over 6 figures.

I do not associate myself with the type of women that you describe. You seem to know this type of woman quite intimately.

You never answered my question. What is the black man's role in his community? I have asked this question numerous times and I have yet to get an answer. Perhaps you can enlighten us with your wisdom. What is your role black man? What is your role?
I don't believe community, and I have no role. This is inner city ghetto talk.

I am not responsible for the failures of inner city Blacks, for those who do fail. I don't care how many men hump and dump how many women (I didn't tell these men to do that, just as I didn't tell these women not to have safe sex and/or use birth control).

So really, its totally not my problem or my concern. My concern is taking care of myself, paying my own bills, and taking care of my responsibilities. If I ever do have children, I would be responsible for them and them alone.

What other people do in their families has nothing to do with me. I'm not a social worker.

Oh, and according to your mother was a jilted woman, so you associate with that kind of woman at your own house.

Old 12-20-2013, 06:00 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post

That's part of the problem. If she could get a white man, asian man, or latino, would she be on here complaining? Just like she can't get a black man, she can't get a man of any race!

So she's a sexually frustrated woman.

If mean, if she could get a reliable man of any race, why would she be bitter towards Black men if she has a white man, asian man, or hispanic man who would give her the time of day.

The issue is not lack of reliable men, its just that reliable men have standards and she's beneath them.

Old 12-20-2013, 06:17 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,398,173 times
Smh

Old 12-20-2013, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post

I am not the only one. Poverty does not always equate to drugs.

They have done a lot worse.

That is true but nothing compares to the issues within the black community. ( I think Native Americans have it worse.) I am not happy about it but it is true. We like to make believe there is nothing wrong but I can't do that. Sorry. Please feel free to provide statistics to prove otherwise. Are they profiling white and asian men? Latinos get profiled. Middle Eastern and Indian people get profiled too. It is not right.

As a woman, it is not likely that I will get profiled. However, I do recall one time there were some kids acting up in my development. I saw them as I was leaving to do my chores. When I returned, the police was at the home of one of the homeowners who happened to be white. As I walked by, the homeowner and the police gave me a funny look and stared me down. I stared right back and I was ready to defend myself but they never said anything to me. I own a property in that development too. I was pissed. That is the closest I every came to being profiled and I did not like it. I was really angry and the cop did not even say a word to me.

If I were unreliable, why would I care? I have been reliable since I was 9 years old. I want black men and women to take responsibility of their communities to reduce crime. Why is that a bad thing?

Old 12-20-2013, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
That's part of the problem. If she could get a white man, asian man, or latino, would she be on here complaining? Just like she can't get a black man, she can't get a man of any race!

So she's a sexually frustrated woman.

If mean, if she could get a reliable man of any race, why would she be bitter towards Black men if she has a white man, asian man, or hispanic man who would give her the time of day.

The issue is not lack of reliable men, its just that reliable men have standards and she's beneath them.
Sex is not the problem idiot. That is the only thing... Stop trying to change the subject. This is a serious issue.

You are such a self loathing ******. Hopefully the day will come that you will be a victim of your own proposal. I hope they h*** you and cut.... I hope I am on the jury and I will gladly acquit him and petition the state to pay his legal fees.

Read this ****** *****. I am not making this up *****.
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/39993685/n.../#.UrUEas2KVD8

http://www.politifact.com/virginia/s...dren-are-bein/

http://www.alternet.org/story/154587...justice_system

Last edited by goodlife36; 12-20-2013 at 08:54 PM..

Old 12-20-2013, 07:58 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,307,745 times
Quote:
Are they profiling white and asian men? Latinos get profiled. Middle Eastern and Indian people get profiled too. It is not right.
FYI, Indian people are Asian. Also as for Asian people not getting profiled, ever heard of ICE? Some people think they are the only ones with problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City