Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2008, 03:19 PM

95 posts, read 210,871 times

Advertisements

I'm with you Turkey. I'm a San Man in the bronx. We run and dump everything. However we now dump after lunch. Any info on the next supervisor class?...........Thanks

Old 09-26-2008, 03:23 PM

335 posts, read 747,724 times
It is so slow man in Sanitation right now. Its going to be till next year when we get new sanitation workers. Unless the mayor decides we need more for this upcoming snow season, but that is extremely doubtful. Beside we are over head count. And there is talk about lay offs. And if there were lay offs then before they hire new sanitation workers they have to hire the lay off sanitation workers first. So it will make it longer for those waiting.

Oh well...

To the guys that ask questions about if they will be hired with list numbers 8500 and above well forget about it. I even doubt if we will hit 8000 like last time. Not at this current rate anyways.

At least this gives me time to get certain things in place.

I already started buying parts of my uniform. I got the short tee and the long sleeve tee and the sanitation hoodie with my name on it. Brought it all this week. I had an sanitation shirt before but it was a year old and i want my stuff to look fresh. At least I can wear it since I am an Sanitation Employee and only sanitation employees can wear the stuff. I dont wear the green pants since then I would full look like an sanitation worker and impersonating an uniformed officer is a crime. But I would wear everything else but the pants. I have one set of the uniform. I plan to get 5 more sets by the end of the years and have them ready in the closet.

lol at my many names :P

Old 09-26-2008, 03:24 PM

364 posts, read 739,129 times
Next class date is the 20th of October 25 guys. That is definate as of now. They left off at 74 for the last class in order to get 55 guys.

Old 09-26-2008, 05:13 PM

876 posts, read 2,141,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon7280 View Post
It is so slow man in Sanitation right now. Its going to be till next year when we get new sanitation workers. Unless the mayor decides we need more for this upcoming snow season, but that is extremely doubtful. Beside we are over head count. And there is talk about lay offs. And if there were lay offs then before they hire new sanitation workers they have to hire the lay off sanitation workers first. So it will make it longer for those waiting.

Oh well...

To the guys that ask questions about if they will be hired with list numbers 8500 and above well forget about it. I even doubt if we will hit 8000 like last time. Not at this current rate anyways.

At least this gives me time to get certain things in place.

I already started buying parts of my uniform. I got the short tee and the long sleeve tee and the sanitation hoodie with my name on it. Brought it all this week. I had an sanitation shirt before but it was a year old and i want my stuff to look fresh. At least I can wear it since I am an Sanitation Employee and only sanitation employees can wear the stuff. I dont wear the green pants since then I would full look like an sanitation worker and impersonating an uniformed officer is a crime. But I would wear everything else but the pants. I have one set of the uniform. I plan to get 5 more sets by the end of the years and have them ready in the closet.

lol at my many names :P
Where are they talking about layoffs?

Old 09-26-2008, 08:14 PM

105 posts, read 288,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey Tuesdays View Post
RUNNING AND DUMPING RUINS THIS JOB BLAH BLAH BLAH. IF THEY ARE LAYOFFS IT IS BECAUSE GUYS LIKE TURKEY TUESDAY RUN AND DUMP(not the collapse of our economic system as we know it). STAY OUT AND TAKE YOUR BREAKS COME IN AT 1330 THEY WILL HIRE THE WHOLE LIST IF YOU DO.............. LOL
WOW you finally got it right! LOL LOL LOL

Old 09-26-2008, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
Where are they talking about layoffs?
what you mean where? Discuss about that is floating around in my office. And I am sure across the street too.

Old 09-27-2008, 05:34 AM

Quote:
what you mean where? Discuss about that is floating around in my office. And I am sure across the street too.
That isnt good. In the paper bloomberg said no layoffs. What I dont understand is why isnt there is city wide hiring freeze. How many are they talking about? I sure hope no one gets layed off .

Old 09-27-2008, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
That isnt good. In the paper bloomberg said no layoffs. What I dont understand is why isnt there is city wide hiring freeze. How many are they talking about? I sure hope no one gets layed off .
Its just an rumor now. But something i guess that isn't being left off the table. Like what some guy says here they will do everything before they have to layoff sanitation workers.

I dont know how many they will lay off.

All i know is that when i ask when there might be a next class I am told that they dont know and that there might even be lay offs so that can make it longer for me.

Old 09-27-2008, 09:13 AM

2 posts, read 4,231 times
i took exam #6063 in june 2007 my list number is in the 2200 i just got called for the physical on oct 24 what would be the next steps after that? what is the probation period after u get hired

Old 09-27-2008, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Its just an rumor now. But something i guess that isn't being left off the table. Like what some guy says here they will do everything before they have to layoff sanitation workers.

I dont know how many they will lay off.

All i know is that when i ask when there might be a next class I am told that they dont know and that there might even be lay offs so that can make it longer for me.
Thanks for answering me. I sure hope there are no layoffs. Do you know if city time from other agencies besides police, fire and mta count when they do layoffs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City