Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 02:32 PM

246 posts, read 485,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claribel_gomez View Post
Hey guys,

So I got called today offering me a 1 bedroom apartment. I have to go to on Tuesdays to fill out the final papers. I was told I don't need to bring a anything like pay stubs.. So I'm not sure what this means.. I think I got the apartment but don't want to jinks it!! Will keep you posted.. I know
How it feels
If you don't mind me asking how old is your child. My daughter is 6 and I want to know if I would get a 2 or 1 bedroom. Congrats by the way happy for anyone that gets in an affordable apartment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 04:46 PM

32 posts, read 43,331 times
Hi, my daughter is 6 as well. There was only one Unit with 2 bedroom with my income however it's taken so I will get a one bedroom, because if I would've rejected it I would've been put back on the waiting list.. So I took the 1 bedroom.. And thank you so much!! Best of luck

Old 07-25-2016, 08:09 PM

3 posts, read 4,386 times
They called me for an interview. Apparently if you're a full time student, you're automatically not eligible for this apartment.

Old 07-25-2016, 08:18 PM

Congratulations my dear. I'm glad you got it.

Old 07-26-2016, 04:57 AM

Hello,

Thank u I really hope I get it!! I will be going today to sign some papers.. Let's hope for the best because you never know. I will keep everyone posted of my process and good luck to you! Hope you get it!!

Old 07-26-2016, 10:11 AM

7,906 posts, read 7,890,990 times
Don't forget to take pics of the interior if you get it!

Old 07-26-2016, 11:52 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,527,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren.lutton View Post
They called me for an interview. Apparently if you're a full time student, you're automatically not eligible for this apartment.
I am not sure full time students who are applying by themselves are eligible for any lottery apartment. I think that I heard that in one of the housing meetings that I went for for The Ashland apartments- someone correct me if I'm wrong. It's probably because of the lack of a relatively stable income

Old 07-28-2016, 01:17 PM

22 posts, read 21,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claribel_gomez View Post
Hello,

Thank u I really hope I get it!! I will be going today to sign some papers.. Let's hope for the best because you never know. I will keep everyone posted of my process and good luck to you! Hope you get it!!
Hey! So how did it go on Tuesday? Hoping all went well. 👍🏾

Old 07-28-2016, 02:12 PM

Hey,

Everything went well, there are two people before me for the 2 bedroom apartment, meaning if they don't want it or they get disqualify for some reason then I will be next. But don't want to risk it, being the fact that I'm so close. So I went for the one bedroom. The lady said I can always put my name on the waiting list once I'm in the building. Basically I signed a lot of paper work HR paper work Irs and assets, so that the city can approve it. Until the city doesn't approve it I can say I
Got it.. I really hope
Everything goes well I'm soo close!! Has anyone been called?? I think they are doing preference first, I fall in the CB category.

Old 07-29-2016, 03:58 PM

I have a full time job and my annual income exceed the required income for a studio and one bedroom. Not sure what to do next. I wrote an appeal but haven't heard back from them since then.
But honestly , if someone is getting an education, they shouldnt held that against anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: