Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2017, 05:12 PM

36 posts, read 49,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygaga1 View Post
Same here , I was contacted this week to provide some additional income docs .
They told me they're trying to fill the units up as fast as they can , and that there are still apartments available .

To those that viewed apartments or moved in already : Are there washer/dryers in the units ?
Hey, how many months of recent bank statements did they ask you to provide again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2017, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melle7790 View Post
I actually am going thru this marketing unit for another building that their also handling. Meaning the same marketing agents are handling multiple buildings and I must say my process with them for another building has been terrible. They ran my credit for the other building (west 38th st apts) back in January and denied me for high debt 4 months later when they could've done that right away. Also every time I call the receptionist has an attitude. I appealed and it was accepted but they contacted me via email to find out that all this time they never took my number down on file.

Now I had my intake for this building and I was hesitant because of my experience with these people for west 38th. I hope to have a better experience this time around.
What do you mean by they denied you for "high debt"? Do you mean your credit score was bad? They are not suppose to deny you if your debt is high as long as you keeping up with your payments and you have a good credit score.

Old 05-19-2017, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no.uhhuh View Post
Well they requested for additional information from me.

1. They requested tax returns which I didn't understand since I already gave them at the interview.
2. Most recent bank statements.
3. Authorization form with self address envelope.

But anyways, if I get it, it would be great.
Tried not to think too much of it.

Good luck peeps.
How many months of additional recent bank statements did they ask for?

Old 05-19-2017, 05:25 PM

236 posts, read 446,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreambigNY View Post
How many months of additional recent bank statements did they ask for?

They said my debt was over my income which isn't true which is why I won the appeal. My credit score is decent and I pay everything on time. Also, they ask for last 6 months statements.

Old 05-19-2017, 05:44 PM

207 posts, read 355,431 times
They asked for 6 months statements of checking and last month of savings .

Old 05-19-2017, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygaga1 View Post
They asked for 6 months statements of checking and last month of savings .
Wow. But you gave them 6 months of checking back in January. They asking for another 6 months since then? That's crazy

Old 05-19-2017, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melle7790 View Post
They said my debt was over my income which isn't true which is why I won the appeal. My credit score is decent and I pay everything on time. Also, they ask for last 6 months statements.
I have student loans debt but I make all my payments on time and my credit score is around 720-730. That's crazy, you didn't get the apartment on West 38th Street. They put people through all this **** only to deny them. Hope you get it this time around.

They haven't reach out to me since they verified all my documents back in January.

Old 05-19-2017, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreambigNY View Post
Wow. But you gave them 6 months of checking back in January. They asking for another 6 months since then? That's crazy
Oh no they didn't ask for it again ..I thought you asked about the bank statements in general.
They wanted some clarification recent income of mine... I still haven't heard back from them.

Old 05-19-2017, 11:44 PM

16 posts, read 20,220 times
And then I believe that I read they will call your banks?
Do your sign something that allows them to make the inquiry?

i was hoping to black out the bank account numbers.. it's pretty sketchy to disclose all of that isn't it?

Last edited by jg042; 05-19-2017 at 11:52 PM..

Old 05-20-2017, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg042 View Post
And then I believe that I read they will call your banks?
Do your sign something that allows them to make the inquiry?

i was hoping to black out the bank account numbers.. it's pretty sketchy to disclose all of that isn't it?
Yes you have to fill out an asset verification form at the bank . It's not sketchy at all, they need to verify that your assets aren't over the limit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City