Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 02:47 PM

152 posts, read 109,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
quote:
Good you moved along. You'll be better for it.

Personally, I'd rather become a crustie and annoy people like YOU who's only suggestions are to MOVE out. I'd make a good crustie too... I already have a crustie-like dog!
Haha that is funny! Nooo you are too good to be a crustie don't do it LOL. But, I so feel your frustration and I can relate. It sucks that this city has sold out the middle class once again. That idiot mayor SMH - I have no words! It almost makes sense to quit work, pop out a bunch of bastards with different baby daddies haha and go on the dole. And yeah this is the housing projects 2.0 - low income get everything because their poverty pimp politicians make big money and careers keeping people dependent. And sadly NOPE people who are given all these taxpayer handouts rarely respect or take care of what they are given. Case in point....every F'in housing project!!! Even the properties that are for middle class people like ML seem like thy cater to the low income people (no idea how they even live there in the first place). It sucks big time.

The city are the ones who ruined the projects - you used to have to be a working person to be able to even get into those projects. This society has a sense of entitlement beyond reprieve. What is also deplorable is that the people who really need the help, and are not abusers of the system are the ones who rarely get help. Its all those that know the scams, the insiders, the way to work the programs that everything goes to.

Lastly.......The riots during the 1977 blackout had a terrible effect on this city, could you imagine if the middle class decided to stoop to that level.....and then move out of NYC...... LOL Man listen!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2017, 03:03 PM

3,570 posts, read 3,757,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Chicago got rid of the housing projects. They put them in mixed income housing in working class areas. Chicago has a murder rate three times that of NYC, despite having one third or less of that population. The areas people from the housing projects were removed to became the new ghettoes.

Did the Destruction of Chicago

So all they did was reduce crime in the city center and put relocate it to the outskirts of the city and to poor suburbs.
I dunno, Battery Park City was quite nice even when they still accepted 80/20 housing. I actually went to an acquaintance's house who was in one of those 80/20's. https://www.brickunderground.com/blo...a_20_percenter

Old 07-26-2017, 05:21 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,967,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseba View Post
I dunno, Battery Park City was quite nice even when they still accepted 80/20 housing. I actually went to an acquaintance's house who was in one of those 80/20's. https://www.brickunderground.com/blo...a_20_percenter
80/20s are extremely limited in nature and reject lots of applicants. It's not meant to be a large scale answer to housing poor people.

But there's already enough evidence destroying the housing projects merely moves crime and other social ills to new locations.

Old 07-26-2017, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allpro123 View Post
The issue is not because they are poor, the issue is the behavior and lack of civility that the avg. poor person (not all) imposes on the building and neighborhood.

Middle class folks who work hard for their money do not want to come home to their building and see ghetto a$$ tenants/neighbors chillin' in the building steps, smoking weed, drinking, playing dice or having loud a$$ conversations. Its a quality of life issue.

Middle class people don't want to live around ghetto folks. Afterall, you work so hard so you can live in a nice place where you don't have to be exposed to all that ghetto sh*t. It's common sense.

You couldn't pay me to live in such an environment. So do you actually think middle class folks will rent these apartment? Very few will. The remaining vacant apartments that were set aside for middle class folks will be rented by ghetto people. And its downhill from there. The predominate culture (hood culture) will plant their roots there. Might as well make it a full blown housing project! De Blasio needs to be voted out!
Middle class people drink, smoke weed, and more..........

Old 07-26-2017, 05:42 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,854,983 times
quote:

Perhaps, but they do it in their own apartments and generally don't have feral children. It's usually not the people who win these lottos that are the problem, it's their children and the friends of their children that can make or break a decent living experience for others. Again, go and see the 3160 thread. I love referring people to that thread because it's a reality tv show.

Old 07-26-2017, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
quote:

Perhaps, but they do it in their own apartments and generally don't have feral children. It's usually not the people who win these lottos that are the problem, it's their children and the friends of their children that can make or break a decent living experience for others. Again, go and see the 3160 thread. I love referring people to that thread because it's a reality tv show.
They have "fun" in bars, and other areas outside the home. Of course middle class people smoke cigs and weed outside. I've personally been to the houses of homeowners, where the homeowners were smoking and drinking outside in their yards.

Obviously someone with all this class wouldn't have to be living around people that they complain about so much. If you (not you personally) don't like how a group of people behave, then don't live among them!

I don't know what a "feral" child is.

Old 07-26-2017, 06:20 PM

The way you obfuscate the stuff other people post here is just beyond ridiculous. I am done responding to you in any thread.

And you know perfectly well what a "feral" child is. It's a child who's parent (usually just one) doesn't give a crap what they do as long as it doesn't affect them. Listen, I grew up in the projects for a number of years growing up, I know what I am talking about. I was feral myself.

Old 07-26-2017, 06:22 PM

LUCKILY I am an Aquarius. It's the other signs that are most in danger.

Old 07-26-2017, 08:12 PM

1,235 posts, read 731,960 times
Quote:
This forum tends to attack people without power; poor people. They aren't the people screwing over the middle class. It's the donor class that has riled up the "politics of resentement" for you to look at people who have no power over your life.

Look at it this way; your life is better to not have poor people so impoverished that they are desperate. The real resentment isn't from them, its that the donor class stole your tax dollars and diverted it to programs that did not benefit you, while not paying the same share of taxes themselves. The middle class deserve those housing subsidies too and taking them away from people who have less than you does not solve that problem. Look to those in power. Those are the villians.
This is real.......

Old 07-26-2017, 09:55 PM

3,951 posts, read 5,074,507 times
Quote:
This forum tends to attack people without power; poor people. They aren't the people screwing over the middle class. It's the donor class that has riled up the "politics of resentement" for you to look at people who have no power over your life.

Look at it this way; your life is better to not have poor people so impoverished that they are desperate. The real resentment isn't from them, its that the donor class stole your tax dollars and diverted it to programs that did not benefit you, while not paying the same share of taxes themselves. The middle class deserve those housing subsidies too and taking them away from people who have less than you does not solve that problem. Look to those in power. Those are the villians.
The donor class includes the poor. They also vote in these policies.

No one pays the same share of taxes. We don't have a flat tax.
The rich in New York are taxed quite heavily as a percentage. Sure, federally they get away with a lot of exemptions, but they still pay the lions share of all general revenue taxes.
... and how exactly are the lowest third of New Yorkers paying their fair share? They receive subsidies and contribute zero to the tax base.

How can you say the middle class deserves subsides without also forcing ourselves (the middle class) to request from another class?

How about personal responsibility without major government intervention?
Like how nearly the rest of the county does it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City