Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2018, 06:23 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times

Advertisements

You can't make up this kind of stupid...LOL.

Twin teenage boys, 16, both busted for separate robberies in the Bronx after allegedly being part... | Daily Mail Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2018, 10:22 AM

19,054 posts, read 13,968,817 times
Society needs to stop defending degeneracy against it's law enforcement personnel. If it won't, get used to worthless scum like those two walking amongst us unchecked.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 08-26-2018, 05:46 AM

3,570 posts, read 3,759,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
We asked the supermods and they said no

So its dead

Leave it alone.
Why? is it that they live in Kansas and don't get how voluminous it is? Why shouldn't a moderator of a NYC forum not know what's best for a NYC forum?

Anyway, another solution: One thread per borough. And or one thread per month.
'

Old 08-28-2018, 01:36 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Society needs to stop defending degeneracy against it's law enforcement personnel. If it won't, get used to worthless scum like those two walking amongst us unchecked.
Problem is it has to get REAL bad before the snowflakes understand that the police are there for their own good. They live in comfort with no concept of reality and it really takes an incident to become a victim for them to stop making excuses for criminals and start setting some social standards for acceptable behavior and recognizing police as the legitimate enforcers of social order that they are

Old 08-28-2018, 02:10 PM

In the past, it came in waves, cycles, what have you. The problem now is the left has created this notion that law enforcement is inherently a racist institution. Under this belief, enforcing the law is not a valid manner of fighting crime. When the cycle turned in the past, a hard line on criminals was expected. Now, I have no clue what will happen.

"White guilters" will likely accept high crime as "equity" and "pay back". Criminals will obviously revel. Cops will just keep defending themselves as best as possible. The good people (disarmed in these parts) will be stuck in the middle.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 08-28-2018, 02:32 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
Quote:
\"White guilters" will likely accept high crime as "equity" and "pay back". Criminals will obviously revel. Cops will just keep defending themselves as best as possible. The good people (disarmed in these parts) will be stuck in the middle.
People don't realize this but there is no legal weapon for people to carry in public to defend themselves except a small bottle of precisely labelled mace. It's defacto illegal to defend yourself in NYC. If you booby-trap your apartment and a burglar gets injured, you go to jail.

Old 08-28-2018, 04:08 PM

NY actually has a watered down version of the “castle law”. If you read Article 35 of the Penal Law, our self-defense statute isn’t too bad. The problem is getting to that point a) with a weapon and b) making smart choices under pressure that a DA will be forced to accept.

I always point to a case in Brooklyn around 10-12 years ago where a recently-returned Navy vet shot an intruder with a gun he legally purchased while in the Navy but never registered here. He was cleared in the shooting portion but faced charges on the “illegal” gun which were eventually dropped because his lawyer pushed for a trial that the DA knew they’d lose due to jury sympathy.

“Stand you ground”-type actions won’t fly here, but within your home, if you say the right things and the evidence isn’t overwhelmingly negative for you, you will win.

I keep a revolver by my bedside because they are easy to operate and won’t fail should I need to quickly respond under pressure. It has a laser which is my clear “warning”. Whatever happens after that...

My house is mine and only mine. Not the city’s and certainly not some perp skell’s.

Old 08-28-2018, 04:12 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,541,995 times
Quote:

Do you think that everyone who lives in certain communities behaves this way to the police? No they don't.

Instead they wish that the police would focus on the criminal element rather than criminalizing entire communities. Please don't deny that elements in the police force do this because it will show that you know nothing of what goes on.

Its amazing how some folks just let their disgust for entire communities cloud what really goes on.

Old 08-28-2018, 04:14 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,541,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Problem is it has to get REAL bad before the snowflakes understand that the police are there for their own good. They live in comfort with no concept of reality and it really takes an incident to become a victim for them to stop making excuses for criminals and start setting some social standards for acceptable behavior and recognizing police as the legitimate enforcers of social order that they are

I think that YOU don't know the reality. People in these communities do want the police. What they don't want will be police criminalizing everyone when their focus should be on the criminals. And in fact there are policemen who say exactly this. Just research complaints made by black COPs when they aren't on duty.

You are the one who lives in some cloud thinking that everyone in BedStuy or Mott Haven is a thug.

Old 08-28-2018, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Do you think that everyone who lives in certain communities behaves this way to the police? No they don't.

Instead they wish that the police would focus on the criminal element rather than criminalizing entire communities. Please don't deny that elements in the police force do this because it will show that you know nothing of what goes on.

Its amazing how some folks just let their disgust for entire communities cloud what really goes on.
I've worked in "those" communities. In fact, over the vast majority of my career in more than one boro.

As soon as cell phone cameras became prevalent, it became easy to tell exactly how much of the community supports the police by counting how many fools in the crowds were recording and rabble-rousing rather than helping situations.

Hint: not much.

They aren't all criminals. Most of them likely lead perfectly normal lives. But they willingly follow the agenda and hate the police as they are taught to do.

In the other thread you hinted that I don't do much police work. On the contrary, I work harder to help victims now than I ever have due to my current location and the vocally appreciative community that I now serve. They deserve our hard work here and strongly support us over the criminal element.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City