Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2019, 01:18 PM

2,440 posts, read 6,261,525 times

Advertisements

" More People Are Leaving NYC Than Any Other US City, New Report Says"

Given that NYC has 8.4 million people, and LA, the second largest city, has 4.0 million people, NYC will ALWAYS have more people leaving than any other city. And this includes people who hop across the river to New Jersey, which is not exactly what you think of when you read the article. You think of people moving to Florida or North Carolina.

I guarantee you that the city of Pokehole, which has a 1,000 people, has among the fewest people leaving.

Journalists are a bunch of math rejects who never took a course in statistics.

Old 09-04-2019, 01:20 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,614,661 times
The US cities with the highest population are losing more people than smaller cities. In other news water is wet.

Old 09-04-2019, 01:20 PM

34,098 posts, read 47,316,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygreta View Post
" More People Are Leaving NYC Than Any Other US City, New Report Says"

Given that NYC has 8.4 million people, and LA, the second largest city, has 4.0 million people, NYC will ALWAYS have more people leaving than any other city. And this includes people who hop across the river to New Jersey, which is not exactly what you think of when you read the article. You think of people moving to Florida or North Carolina.

I guarantee you that the city of Pokehole, which has a 1,000 people, has among the fewest people leaving.

Journalists are a bunch of math rejects who never took a course in statistics.
Most people on here want to see the sky fall. You know how there's a car accident in the opposite direction of your travel, and people ahead of you slow down to gawk at it? It's like that on here. I'm not saying the city is perfect, but some have a weird fetish with hoping the city goes back to the 1970s, which it never will.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 09-04-2019, 01:23 PM

19,058 posts, read 13,977,271 times
I’ll be adding to that number in about 5 years if all goes well.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 09-04-2019, 02:11 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,618,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Most people on here want to see the sky fall. You know how there's a car accident in the opposite direction of your travel, and people ahead of you slow down to gawk at it? It's like that on here. I'm not saying the city is perfect, but some have a weird fetish with hoping the city goes back to the 1970s, which it never will.
Good point. My gf was just telling me how most people she knows wishes ill on NYC yet have never stepped foot on its streets, and she has no idea why. Some point of reference, I'm living better now than I have ever, so why doom and gloom. There are problems, but the sky ain't falling.

Old 09-04-2019, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I’ll be adding to that number in about 5 years if all goes well.
If all goes well for you, I will raise my beers (one for each hand) in salute

Old 09-04-2019, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javawood View Post
Good point. My gf was just telling me how most people she knows wishes ill on NYC yet have never stepped foot on its streets, and she has no idea why. Some point of reference, I'm living better now than I have ever, so why doom and gloom. There are problems, but the sky ain't falling.
It's a little disturbing to be quite honest.

Old 09-04-2019, 02:24 PM

157 posts, read 87,164 times
It is because of government produced inflation. No one else has such power to do such but the government. They are the lender of last resort, which is a major conflict of interest. Plus it helps them pay down debt without raising taxes.

Old 09-04-2019, 02:24 PM

19,058 posts, read 13,977,271 times
Quote:
If all goes well for you, I will raise my beers (one for each hand) in salute
Thank you!

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 09-04-2019, 02:32 PM

8,382 posts, read 4,401,156 times
Quote:
You keep fooling yourself if you want to, it makes no difference to me - you own property in a high-class housing project in the poorest borough in NYC and have the audacity to ask people about the Taylor Avenue Crew? Duhhh.

My last comment to you regarding anything - have you ever wondered why that Chinese restaurant on Starling Avenue has no tables or chairs to sit in? Smh.

"High-class housing project" is an all-around incorrect description of Parkchester Condo complex - it is neither high class, nor a housing project. It is in the poorest borough in NYC, of course - because I did not want to buy something more expensive until I figured out whether it was worth it, whether NYC justified its cost of living for me (it doesn't seem that it will).

I did not ask anyone about Taylor Av Crue, I actually provided information to people on this forum about them. Supposedly, all the members of that particular club were sent a few years ago for government-sponsored vacations ranging from 20 years to life, but then there has been a new stabbing-shooting-killing activity on Taylor Av about 2 weeks ago, per e-mail from the police. I guess there is still a part of the club that isn't in jail yet.

I don't eat any more at Chinese restaurants, too much sodium (my diastolic pressure has tried to creep up, but I can keep it lower if I avoid sodium), so didn't notice either Starling Av (although the name sounds familiar) or the restaurant or the lack of chairs. The only streets in and around Parkchester where I have been are Metropolitan Av, Unionport Rd, Tremont Av, Westchester Av and Benedict Av (I also know that Taylor Av and Leland Av exist nearby, but I will never set my foot there).

Taylor Avenue Crue are a small-time criminal brand, they are not like Crips or Bloods, and probably nobody here never even knew of them (as I didn't either until the murder of that Crew member with baby daughter was reported in the media). I followed up the news in the aftermath of that, whole Parkchester followed it, and learned that this teeny tiny anonymous gang did absolutely unspeskable things... if a small bunch of insignificant homies are capable of creating that magnitude of horror, I can't even imagine what large-scale gangs are capable of doing. That kind of stuff should not be "analyzed", those people do not need "understanding", those people should just not live among the regular civilians, they should be warehoused separately - and NYC is not warehousing them appropriately.

Last edited by elnrgby; 09-04-2019 at 03:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City