Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you comply with a city issued shelter in place order?
Yes 132 74.16%
No 46 25.84%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2020, 06:43 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,600,138 times

Advertisements

How is CHICAGO doing ? And I know conspiracies are interesting it feels good to believe a person is responsible but what if nature is just that unpredictable and scary. We think we have nature figured out. Yet, history does tell us that evil people abound with twisted ideologies so who knows. But even so I doubt we ever find out for sure

Old 03-21-2020, 06:48 AM

9,247 posts, read 24,082,631 times
It's too bad everything was allowed to spiral so out of control with the testing because we should have been methodically testing everyone every which way in order to find out who has been exposed but is fine. Presumably those people now have an immunity and could step in to help keep things running. Now we don't have a clue.

I had a 1 week period at end of Feb where I was exhausted and had a weird dry cough that was driving me crazy. I went to work every day though because I never felt really sick. Wondering if I and many others have already unknowingly gone through it. Will never know though because they are not about to test people like me. Even now you have to be 1/2 dead to get tested unless your are a celebrity or connected in some way.

Old 03-21-2020, 06:49 AM

14,056 posts, read 13,946,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
How is CHICAGO doing ? And I know conspiracies are interesting it feels good to believe a person is responsible buy what if nature is just that unpredictable and scary. We think we have nature figured out.
Chicago looks at housing the homeless in hotels during the coronavirus crisis

https://chicago.suntimes.com/opinion...chicago-hotels

Cook County, Illinois is Chicago and few small towns/cities 411 cases 3 deaths

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...ounty/2239639/

CPS hands out over 500K meals in 3 days of coronavirus closures: ‘This is something great Chicago’s doing for us

https://chicago.suntimes.com/coronav...rus-free-meals

Old 03-21-2020, 06:57 AM

14,056 posts, read 13,946,605 times
Pollution Levels Down down more than 40% worldwide

Researchers in New York told the BBC their early results showed carbon monoxide mainly from cars had been reduced by nearly 50% compared with last year.

Emissions of the planet-heating gas CO2 have also fallen sharply.

But there are warnings levels could rise rapidly after the pandemic.

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-51944780

Old 03-21-2020, 07:08 AM

19,058 posts, read 13,973,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
It's too bad everything was allowed to spiral so out of control with the testing because we should have been methodically testing everyone every which way in order to find out who has been exposed but is fine. Presumably those people now have an immunity and could step in to help keep things running. Now we don't have a clue.

I had a 1 week period at end of Feb where I was exhausted and had a weird dry cough that was driving me crazy. I went to work every day though because I never felt really sick. Wondering if I and many others have already unknowingly gone through it. Will never know though because they are not about to test people like me. Even now you have to be 1/2 dead to get tested unless your are a celebrity or connected in some way.
In the beginning of February I had a 3-4 day period where my stomach was a mess and I was throwing up violently for no reason. I chalked it up to having spent a few days in Sloan Kettering with my buddy who was having an operation. But now I wonder.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 03-21-2020, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
In the beginning of February I had a 3-4 day period where my stomach was a mess and I was throwing up violently for no reason. I chalked it up to having spent a few days in Sloan Kettering with my buddy who was having an operation. But now I wonder.
It was cold and flu season anyway. Plus we eat lots of unhealthy food anyway in the US. The other day I felt I had a sore throat and had to tell myself it's all the Rona talk which it was. My wife has had a cough for months after having s cold. But we are all ok, I mean if we get the virus it would have been caused by something else and a later time. We are all just bugging out because we are over thinking this.

Old 03-21-2020, 07:26 AM

9,247 posts, read 24,082,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
See, and we are both in a position where it would be very beneficial to know. On Monday they were looking for teachers to volunteer to man the centers set up to mind children of health care workers and other first responders. Would have had no hesitation if I knew I was already clear but being over 60 and male I didn't think it was a good idea.

Old 03-21-2020, 07:31 AM

3,749 posts, read 1,444,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post
The Chinese have way too many diseases like this new crap. Travel ban should be in place.
The big problem was CHinese New Year which is one of the worlds biggest travel holidays other than Haj and Christmas in other cultures. When you have millions of Chinese traveling globally and internationally, this virus will get out of hand eventually.

Old 03-21-2020, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
See, and we are both in a position where it would be very beneficial to know. On Monday they were looking for teachers to volunteer to man the centers set up to mind children of health care workers and other first responders. Would have had no hesitation if I knew I was already clear but being over 60 and male I didn't think it was a good idea.
Testing would have been helpful. Yet, that takes us down dangerous political territory. Since, I am trying to not go directly to the topic of the Federal response. And when did leaders know, what they knew, what they did with the information, what did they did will eventually be subject to public scrutiny

Old 03-21-2020, 07:37 AM

2,983 posts, read 1,167,603 times
Default Progressive lunacy: Refusing remote learning if some kids can’t do it amid coronavirus

https://nypost.com/2020/03/19/progre...d-coronavirus/ (Well, here’s one piece of “social justice” idiocy that isn’t driving policy in New York: the idea that because some kids lack the resources to do “distance learning” while schools are shuttered, no child should have the option.) MY OP they really don't care about the kids!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City