Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 12:47 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,409,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith talent View Post
But like you might go to other locations for your sort of people, I might, for self-preservation, look to other regions of the old horoscope wheel. Cheers.
Nothing wrong in my book with a healthy mind that recognizes the issue and seeks to preserve oneself, intact. LOL...sometimes we do have to watch out for others who embody traits, even subconsciously, that are unhealthful.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:40 PM

456 posts, read 1,397,430 times
But once again this has nothing to do with me, Indi. I am a drama-free double Scorpio, with her North Node in Leo, and her Venus in Libra. A mellow, laid-back, peace-loving, freedom-loving Scorpio who is very mature and deals with problems reasonably. I keep the drama onstage or on the mic. lol. It helps that I am on a spiritual path. I love reading about astrology, but I know enough about astrology to know that people are far more than their sun signs.

Old 01-23-2009, 05:53 AM

Default Miles...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
Alright, you two, stop the cuddly concurring already!

Hey, I may not be successful in attaining that beautiful romance situation that Indi talks about, and I may always strike out in the technique sponsored by a celebrated LA guru, but I sure as hell can get jealous when a distinguished, eloquent, man like BMW moves in on my Scorpion soulmate!!!!!
Oh Miles, how could there ever be any comparison?

Old 01-23-2009, 12:37 PM
DAS

2,532 posts, read 6,861,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaBoy View Post
Every woman is different. Her idea of "He'd better have money" could just mean he cant be broke. Why would you direct her upstairs? At the end of the day, theres always someone richer than you. Also you might have other qualities that are more desirable to her than the other guys. I doubt she would get many takers if she straight came out and said that. However, women will communicate those needs by saying they would like stability and security, a man with a good job, an ambitious guy, a guy that can provide for her and their future kids, etc. Im not saying money is the only important thing or that it makes the relationship, but it is important and women recognize that.
This thread is so interesting, I have been following it. You all make very good and sometimes very humorous points.

I just have to say to this post, that I find from my observations as a woman, that women that are very upfront with what they are looking for, usually get just that. It may scare some guys off, because either they don't want or can't provide that particular thing(s) to the relationship. Whether it is money, commitment, fun or whatever. But if the guy feels he can step up to the plate, and provide what that particular woman wants, then he will. So sometimes, actually most of the time women are better off coming straight out.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:44 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,576,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAS View Post
This thread is so interesting, I have been following it. You all make very good and sometimes very humorous points.

I just have to say to this post, that I find from my observations as a woman, that women that are very upfront with what they are looking for, usually get just that. It may scare some guys off, because either they don't want or can't provide that particular thing(s) to the relationship. Whether it is money, commitment, fun or whatever. But if the guy feels he can step up to the plate, and provide what that particular woman wants, then he will. So sometimes, actually most of the time women are better off coming straight out.
DAS, I LOVE a straight shooter like you!!!

Old 01-23-2009, 08:01 PM

I have loved this thread/discussion, everyone. One of the best, I think. But it is definitely time for me to put the focus back on what I do have going for me in my life--which is a lot. True love will find me again one day when I least expect it, I know. In the meantime, as long as I am in NYC I am going to enjoy the heck out of my work, my artistic projects, my students, my friends, my artist friends, and my dating buddies. NYC doesn't owe me a love partner. What is, is, as they say. And all is well.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indi9 View Post
I have loved this thread/discussion, everyone. One of the best, I think. But it is definitely time for me to put the focus back on what I do have going for me in my life--which is a lot. True love will find me again one day when I least expect it, I know. In the meantime, as long as I am in NYC I am going to enjoy the heck out of my work, my artistic projects, my students, my friends, my artist friends, and my dating buddies. NYC doesn't owe me a love partner. What is, is, as they say. And all is well.
Good luck in all you do, Indi....and we'll see you in another thread soon, I hope. I've enjoyed all your threads. Best.

Old 01-24-2009, 12:06 AM

3,210 posts, read 4,615,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAS View Post

+1

It's refreshing to hear a woman state what it is she's really after. So many girls talk about "Love" and "Romance" yet deep down, it's mostly about the tangables (Cash, Looks, "Bad Boy") that reel them in.

Don't get me wrong, I can't stand seeing a pretty chick with a loser, but at the same time, so many women say they see what's on the inside.....

....After they've discounted you on the outside...

Old 01-26-2009, 10:05 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,324,891 times
And people tell me NYC is better for me finding someone than LI. Outta luck, again I guess, I guess I'll be alone in these woods forever.

Old 01-26-2009, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
And people tell me NYC is better for me finding someone than LI. Outta luck, again I guess, I guess I'll be alone in these woods forever.
Don't be so pessimistic, John, give it a shot. The parameters may well indeed work in your favor, you won't know unless you try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City