Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2009, 09:57 PM

29 posts, read 71,118 times

Advertisements

Dear members!
Any info on this place - [SIZE=6]Grandview Palace?[/SIZE]
--------------------------

I am looking to buy a small affardable vacation place (condo ?) upstate New York within 2-3 hours drive from Yonkers.

Or maybe other places/ideas? What can you say about LIberty?

Please help me with a good insight and advice!

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2009, 11:26 PM

1 posts, read 4,596 times
Liberty is a small town with a few good restaurants. The countryside is rural and peacefull. I have a codo for sale at Grandview. It is a studio with hardwood floors and a balcony overlooking the outdoor pool. There is also an indoor pool, dry and wet sauna, jacuzzi and a full gym as well as pool rooms and game rooms and a movie theater, tennis and basketball courts and hiking trails. Maintenance is $400.00 a month which covers heat and electricity. If interested I can be contacted at [email]dennisnew33@hotmail.com[/email].

Old 11-18-2009, 03:07 AM

14 posts, read 65,508 times
Liberty is a pretty run down town itself though the surrounding countryside is lovely.
Grandview palace seems to have a lot of forclosures and some being rented by people just trying to cover the maintenance.
It is basically a large apartment building but I hear it is nice enough.
Liberty has a Shop Rite and very few restaurants.
Mod cut: not necessary
It is a gorgeous area for outdoor activities and fairly safe if you avoid downtown Liberty at night....it's safer than Monticello.
Grandview palace seems a good place for weekenders with all the amenities and security at the gate.

Last edited by Viralmd; 11-18-2009 at 02:46 PM.. Reason: Not necessary.

Old 09-29-2011, 09:28 AM

1 posts, read 2,347 times
I have been to Liberty in the past one week and stayed at a friends place in Grandview palace. Town is small and calm. Surrounding country side is fabulous. Liberty has all basic amenities like food restaurants, village furniture shop [prices are very reasonable at Barbutti], Dollar chains like Dollar tree etc., Certainly it has seen better days, but now its coming back. With in a distance of 8 miles you have WALMART and close to Middletown you have all big superstores for your electronics, furniture and other needs. Town is about 85-90 miles away from NewYork city. It has CoachUSA Coach service directly from Liberty to NewYork city. If you prefer you can drive close to NewYork city sub urban and leave your car there and use Park & Ride facilities. I find this is very useful and stress free travel.

Grandivew palace is really huge and the current management is putting lot of money into it. They have recently replaced roof on all parts of the building. Plenty of parking for guests and residents. Has a very good swimming pool and a small child ffriendly Swimming pool. Has a very good library for the residents. Its secured gated community. Residents are very friendly and caring. Office staff are very helpful.
Now the not so good points. Condo is old. Maintenance fee is high about $400/- even though it covers your electricity and heating. Some units are very small. My friends one is only about 300 SFT. Though it has a living room, kitchen in the same room, i felt its small. But units are in good condition and outside gardens and exterior is maintained to a good level. 2 security persons are on guard 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

I hope this information helps you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York