Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 11:52 AM

12,973 posts, read 34,022,200 times

Advertisements

Oh No!!! The OP is one of those types who NEVER EVER EVER EVER participates in any discussion. Just took a look at his posting history and he NEVER posts more than once in threads. One of those types of posters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 11:55 AM

28 posts, read 75,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Human babies (infants up to about their 2nd birthdays), are awful buckets of need. They aren't even cute yet, they have virtually no intelligence at all (puppies old enough to be adopted do), they eat, sleep, cry and crap. Speaking of crap, compare a baby's BM to a dog's, the baby's is absolutely nauseating.

Kids 2 or older are better, they are cute, but they remind you just how selfish people are, it's all about what they want.

Plus you can barely interact with human kids anymore lest you want to be considered a pedophile or weirdo. Meanwhile, you can go up and pet anyone's dog and usually be greeted kindly.

Finally, it seems that pets can give back, kids don't until they are out of college and employed.
I couldn't have said this any better. I know kids are kids and you have be patient and all that but when they're annoying, I will express such until you do something about it. If you want your kids to be around others, discipline them. It's not cute any more when they are four and constantly objecting to everything you tell them to do. Yes, it was cute when he was talking fluently at one but he's 4 now and most people want to pop his butt for that smart mouth of his. That's why I refuse to watch him for more than 30 minutes, I just can't see myself thinking it's cute when he throws a fit because I won't do what he says. **** that!

Old 03-05-2012, 11:57 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,437,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Plus you can barely interact with human kids anymore lest you want to be considered a pedophile or weirdo. Meanwhile, you can go up and pet anyone's dog and usually be greeted kindly.
I didn't think of this. Very true. Nowadays, merely having a job that includes interaction with kids is an "occupational hazard."

Old 03-05-2012, 12:11 PM

371 posts, read 896,088 times
You can't whack a baby on the nose with a rolled-up newspaper if it misbehaves.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:16 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,114,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
You can't whack a baby on the nose with a rolled-up newspaper if it misbehaves.
You can't???

Crap

Old 03-05-2012, 12:18 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,301,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
While I would agree that some newborns look a little freakish, mine didn't and I'm not just saying that because I'm their mom. They were pretty darn cute if I do say so myself.
I'm pretty sure all other moms say the same.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:35 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,272,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Oh No!!! The OP is one of those types who NEVER EVER EVER EVER participates in any discussion. Just took a look at his posting history and he NEVER posts more than once in threads. One of those types of posters.

Ugh! One of those

Old 03-05-2012, 12:53 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,983,296 times
I love kids yet I won't have any. I'm not a pet person so I don't deal with dogs, cats, etc. Something I have noticed is when a man needs time to think he can grab a fishing pole, some bait and his dog and go sit by a lake and think. He can't do that with a kid.

Some people just shouldn't have kids and I'm one of them. Then again kids can be taught to be good gofers and sandwich makers.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:00 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,408,109 times
To the OP: you're trying to understand why some people don't like babies? It's like trying to understand why some people don't like blondes, or hot dogs or rainy days. Human preference is all over the map for almost any conceivable topic in life.

Millions of people don't like babies. Many millions even "hate" them. And you'll never understand their reasoning because you love babies, which is entirely your preogative.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:18 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,960,758 times
Default I'm one of those people...

Just last week, here at work, I heard people oohing and aahing out in the lobby and saying in high voices, "Oh he's so cute" "Yes! Aren't you so cute?"

I perked my head up. Puppy? Someone must have brought in a puppy! Hooray! I ran out to the front desk...

Then I was crushed.

Crap, just a stinkin' baby. No puppy.

Last edited by Tracysherm; 03-05-2012 at 01:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships