Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 09:20 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,424,662 times

Advertisements

Nicely pressed stone washed jeans? Jeans with holes in the knee or rear? Sagging? All can be nicely pressed. If other people were there wearing jeans why would you be singled out? There must have been something different about you versus the other casually dressed people assuming you were not wearing some nicely pressed crazy looking jeans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2013, 09:23 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,696,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Nope. True rebels really don't care.

I'm not straddling the fence. I said the guy was wrong.

You got a free meal. Kwitcherbitchin.
I'm a rebel but I decided not be a rebel about a freaking restaurant. I didn't dress with the intention of bucking a trend. I just kept my current outfit on because I wasn't bothered enough to change clothes. I just wanted to eat. I feel great as I did get a free meal. A meal if I paid it would have been about $120 for. So yeah I did win.

However, I wonder if the other patrons wearing similar clothing as me received similar grief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
Nicely pressed stone washed jeans? Jeans with holes in the knee or rear? Sagging? All can be nicely pressed. If other people were there wearing jeans why would you be singled out? There must have been something different about you versus the other casually dressed people assuming you were not wearing some nicely pressed crazy looking jeans.
Stone washed jeans yes. I also wore my Lucchese handcrafted cowboy boots (which are quite unlucky as something bad always happens if I wear them). My shirt was a Soundgarden T-shirt and my shark tooth necklace. I had a jacket which I wore as it is cold now but I removed it upon entry into the restaurant.

Old 12-09-2013, 09:36 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,162,988 times
I don't get what you are complaining about?

You bought the biggest steak on the menu and wine, and it was all free, because your feelings got hurt. I think the restaurant did a stellar job, yet you are still butt-hurt. What is the problem, again? What was your loss? What more should they have done for you?

Old 12-09-2013, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
I don't get what you are complaining about?

You bought the biggest steak on the menu and wine, and it was all free, because your feelings got hurt. I think the restaurant did a stellar job, yet you are still butt-hurt. What is the problem, again? What was your loss? What more should they have done for you?
I'm not butthurt at all. I'm happy with the response I've received. I've said that I feel great but it was annoying having to deal with it entirely and asking if anyone else has been in a situation. I wasn't asking for people to criticize mine.

Old 12-09-2013, 09:43 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Old 12-09-2013, 09:56 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Default Rebel without a clue, it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
I'm not butthurt at all. I'm happy with the response I've received. I've said that I feel great but it was annoying having to deal with it entirely and asking if anyone else has been in a situation. I wasn't asking for people to criticize mine.

No, that has never happened to me. I've never shown up at a nice restaurant looking like 90s stoner trash.

I mean, come on now. A Soundgarden t-shirt? At a steakhouse/wine bar? You were asking to be harassed. Sounds like you expected it just to make a stink to get a free meal. Stay classy now.

Old 12-09-2013, 10:15 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,744,556 times
Yeah, really nice shirt. It just wasn't collared.

Old 12-09-2013, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
No, that has never happened to me. I've never shown up at a nice restaurant looking like 90s stoner trash.

I mean, come on now. A Soundgarden t-shirt? At a steakhouse/wine bar? You were asking to be harassed. Sounds like you expected it just to make a stink to get a free meal. Stay classy now.
You're telling me that I did all that for a free meal? I can pay for that meal no problem. I have more class than that. I looked like 90s stoner trash? I wore cowboy boots ffs. Cowboy boots are definitely in the wardrobe of stoner trash .

Old 12-09-2013, 10:24 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
I decided to surprise my partner at her job by sending some flowers to her today. Then I came and pulled her out of her job. Her higher up was very cool and let me snag her. I know him because he is a common customer at the auto shop I help run. Anyway, I surprised her by taking her out to Fleming's Steakhouse tonight which I had a reservation planned.

We arrived at the restaurant. If you guys aren't familiar with Fleming's it is more of an "upscale" restaurant where you dress formal but I just decided to where nicely pressed jeans with a nice shirt (not collared though). None of the whole overly formal suit and slack stuff though my partner dressed lovely then again she came to the restaurant straight from work. She stayed back to go grab something she forgot when walking up so I walked in by myself.

I stood there waiting to be brought to our table but the frontman asked whether "we had lost our way". I politely said no but before I could say anything else, he interrupted me and requested security to see me out. My partner walks in asking what is going on. The security officer and the manager came up to the front and asked what was going on. The frontman was like "this......man won't leave the restaurant". I told the manager that I had a reservation. He asked me whether the doorman requested my name for a reservation and I asked the doorman did he. The doorman said yes. The manager told him not to lie because the camera already recorded the entire thing. He then confessed that he didn't so I gave the manager my name and he pulled up the reservation and apologized. He then sat us to a more private table and told us our meal was on the house.

I was embarrassed and felt bad for my girl who had to go through all that to be honest. I just wanted to be spontaneous and have a good evening with her. Without being part of a scene in front the other patrons. I made sure to get the biggest steak on the menu and a bottle of wine. I took the plate of leftovers home with a few toothpicks and boy was it good. I did see the frontman get called over by the manager but I don't know what happened to him. The manager did mention that this wasn't his first time doing this. It's a pity that was. Anybody else been prejudge by anyone ever?
I felt that the restaurant was 100 percent wrong to treat you that way. That being said, if you made a reservation then it really wasn't THAT spontaneous, now was it?

If I had been your girlfriend, I'd have been insulted that you didn't feel that the occasion was important enough to dress up for. It was a nice gesture, don't get me wrong, but just think how BLOWN AWAY she would have been if you had dressed up nicely in a pair one of those "suit and slack" things. It would have said... "I care enough about you to look really special for your birthday". It's the kind of thing that really IMPRESSES a woman, don't you know.

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-09-2013, 10:31 PM

5,485 posts, read 3,929,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
It would have said... "I care enough about you to look really special for your birthday".
Nobody said anything about a birthday
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships