Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 03:55 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,097,759 times

Advertisements

By you, I don't mean me, I mean YOU, the person reading this right now.

I decided to create a thread about things that we find annoying that other people do that seem so obvious and correctable to us, but perhaps others are oblivious to it.

Smaller things that might not be worth going up to the person and causing a scene. Not like a person kicking their dog at the park.

Maybe if you post something and they read it they will be like "Wow. I was being an annoying idiot this whole time when I easily could have avoided it."

Ok. I'll go first...

Why on Earth would you go the library and listen to things out loud on the computer no matter how low you keep the volume. If you can hear your crappy foreign music, and soccer games, other people can hear it too. Can you not go to Target and buy a pair of $9 headphones? Can you not afford it? Are your ears allergic to foam earpads? Seriously. Why? Even if it wasn't a library it would be annoying, but it's a library where people go for quiet. Sooooo annoying and I see it all the time. And not only that, but the same people doing it.

Come up with your own or acknowledge that you are one of these annoying people. Tell me to @#$% off if you wish, but at least acknowledge that you do it. Thanks.

Last edited by jobaba; 04-12-2014 at 04:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2014, 04:38 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post

I decided to create a thread about things that we find annoying that other people do that seem so obvious and correctable to us, but perhaps others are oblivious to it.

Smaller things that might not be worth going up to the person and causing a scene. Not like a person kicking their dog at the park.

Maybe if you post something and they read it they will be like "Wow. I was being an annoying idiot this whole time when I easily could have avoided it."

Ok. I'll go first...

Why on Earth would you go the library and listen to things out loud on the computer no matter how low you keep the volume. If you can hear your crappy foreign music, and soccer games, other people can hear it too. Can you not go to Target and buy a pair of $9 headphones? Can you not afford it? Are your ears allergic to foam earpads? Seriously. Why? Even if it wasn't a library it would be annoying, but it's a library where people go for quiet. Sooooo annoying and I see it all the time. And not only that, but the same people doing it.

Come up with your own or acknowledge that you are one of these annoying people. Tell me to @#$% off if you wish, but at least acknowledge that you do it. Thanks.
Why don't you REALLY get this party started by telling us something annoying that YOU do?

And no, I don't do that thing with the library and the sound on the computers, but I am absolutely positive that I do many things that irritate others. In fact, I'll share some of those things with you, OP, after you share some of your own foibles, and maybe we will be able to share a few laughs together then.

Old 04-12-2014, 04:40 PM

52,279 posts, read 52,700,922 times
I have a tendency to repeat myself a lot when I talk.

So Mrs. Chow tells me.....

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
I blow my nose a gazillion times a day. I'm sure it annoys the heck out of some people.

20yrsinBranson

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post

Ok. I'll go first...

I can only wear ear phones or a headset for so long then my ears start hurting so yes, my ears are allergic to foam earpads that cause pain within my ears.

I doubt I can think of all the annoying to others things that I do so I guess unless someone tells me I won't really know for sure now will I?

Old 04-12-2014, 05:09 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Staying up past my bedtime watching a movie while should be sleeping.

Old 04-12-2014, 05:24 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,830,974 times
I thought libraries turned their computer sound way down, or at least every one I've been to does. I say "like" a lot, I pick on my eyelashes, I'll forget to brush my teeth, I can't sleep when I really need to and want to sleep when I don't, I hate that I'm not more career-driven. I'm shy, antisocial, I have terrible mood swings and I hate the way I look in pictures. I hate the way I have to always be different from everybody else.

Old 04-12-2014, 05:31 PM

3,302 posts, read 3,028,242 times
Once in a great while, I unknowingly whistle the same tune over and over. Once at work when I was enthusiastically whistling "Sailing, sailing, over the bounding main," for what was probably the fourteenth time in a row, one of my co-workers said dryly, "Going sailing this weekend, are you?" I was hugely embarrassed--I had no idea I had been whistling.

For some reason, the more inane and/or repetitious the tune, the more inclined I am to whistle it ad nauseam.

Old 04-12-2014, 05:47 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
I walk too fast for nearly anyone to keep up with me.

I talk too fast too.

In fact, I am hyper and full of boundless energy. This really unsettles some people. When I worked in a furniture store I used to have to literally sing this litany silently in my head when I was walking around the store with customers: "Walllllllk slooooowwwwlllllyyyyy...taaaaaaalllllkkkkkk slooooooowwwwlllllyyyyy..."

I did sell a lot of furniture though!

Old 04-12-2014, 06:13 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
You know that impatient sigh of Al Gore's?

Yeah. I've raised it to an art form. And I use it just like he does: When being forced to listen to the idiotic spewings of a dolt with an IQ of 83. Also: When reading certain threads on the Relationships forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships