Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 12:30 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,186,172 times

Advertisements

It's always a bit deflating when few people show up to your party. It's hard not to take it personally.
"Why wouldn't they show up? They said they would make it, so why didn't they? Do they not like me? Do I throw bad parties?"
We all like to think that we leave such insecurities behind when we become adults but we never actually do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2015, 03:20 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,350,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
You don't have to go however this thread is about people who RSVP'd and didn't show up like they have in previous years. When you're invited to a party, don't RSVP with a yes and then not show up.
We are assuming that the husbands RSVP's. Remember the wives and kids still went to the party. Should the family have stated that they were not going to show up when the wife and kids intended to show up?

Old 02-02-2015, 03:27 PM

I have been thinking about this party and so it seems that the OP had a housefull of women all to himself and he is complaining.

Old 02-02-2015, 03:31 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,056,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
We are assuming that the husbands RSVP's. Remember the wives and kids still went to the party. Should the family have stated that they were not going to show up when the wife and kids intended to show up?
The wife uses evite and the RSVPs came in the form of "YES for 2 adults and 1 kid"

Quote:
I have been thinking about this party and so it seems that the OP had a housefull of women all to himself and he is complaining.
Not even close, if you read the OP. If I hadn't invited a bunch of other friends (and they all came) a week out that would have been more of the case.

Old 02-02-2015, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
The wife uses evite and the RSVPs came in the form of "YES for 2 adults and 1 kid"
Can't help you here

Not even close, if you read the OP. If I hadn't invited a bunch of other friends (and they all came) a week out that would have been more of the case.
Sounds as if you had people at your party then
Still not sure what the problem is though. People were at the party. I would figure that if someone does not show up then they are missing out. Mybe something happened. Maybe work called, maybe, well we can go on and on. None of us knows what happened. I did not read that you asked the wife's of these guys what happened either. None of us have the answer, only those that did not arive at the party. Maybe no one will ever know because many people just are not that truthfull when it comes to events such as these. No one wants to be told that their event just is not fun anymore or that another activity was happening.

Old 02-03-2015, 10:35 PM

1,326 posts, read 1,139,122 times
Quote:
I asked a few people and no one knew what it was. A co-worker googled it and found out that it is a white elephant gift exchange. Yea I know I could have googled it but sometimes it is more fun to just let a question ride.

I have never taken part in a White Elephant gift exchange untill this past Christmas and that was a blast. Not sure what the rules are but how it was explained to me was everyone has a number with 1 going first and so on. The 2nd person can choose #1's gift or pick another gift. The last person has their choice of all gifts. If someone chooses a gift that has allready been chosen that gift is now not part of the game, meaning that the first person to unwrap the gift can have it taken from them once and someone else can take it from that person, locking the gift out of the game.

The game was a lot of fun with a good mixture of gifts from both the women and the men. The kids did not play the game. My thought is that maybe having only the women do it that the men were feeling left out. LOL
Thanks! Not to be mean but it sounds boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGal1 View Post
A yankee swap is when they swap their pets
Sorry, don't understand your answer. Maybe because I just had a drink...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships