Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 02:36 PM

1,132 posts, read 1,247,012 times

Advertisements

There is a right way and a wrong way to take photos at a party. For example at a birthday party take photos of the birthday boy or girl blowing out the candles. Everyone knows this is a photo opportunity and those who don't want their pictures taken can step aside. At parties where there is a guest of honor such as graduation or retirement, there can be a designated time and place for multiple photos where the guests can pose without drinks in their hands or their mouths full of food etc. At weddings photos are a given so camera shy people should just grin and bear it or don't attend.
What I find obnoxious is attending a run of the mill dinner party or casual pot luck and the cell phones come out to photograph everything and everyone, the food, the dog, the cat, the guests again, more food ... did I forget the dog, one more pic of the guests before they leave and on and on.
It does feel like an invasion of privacy when you can't go to a small private gathering without your attendance being photo-documented for the whole world to see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2015, 05:41 PM

3,279 posts, read 5,319,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I think you would be right about that and thank you for your many kind words. Having a picture of him holding my kitten would have been treasured and not shared on social media or with anyone else. He has a very negative self image and is a very sad person on so many levels. I'm sure we will never be friends again and it feels like I've lost my little brother. I still miss him and a picture would have been nice. I respected his wishes about the picture and respected his wish to be left alone. I'm just glad the shorties in my life aren't so negative about having their pictures taken. It's been a joy watching them grow up in real life and on film.
Yes, that sounds like why I like taking photos, very much so.

Old 06-29-2015, 05:51 PM

10,106 posts, read 7,771,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Because we dont want our pictures plastered all over Facebook! Ever heard of privacy?
Exactly. I'm not a big fan of Facebook and am a private person and don't want my life on blast for who know who to see.

I'm the complete opposite of those that love to take 5 selfies a day and post every hour on their life online.

I believe in keeping some mystery about yourself.

Old 06-29-2015, 06:34 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,580,124 times
I very much dislike people taking my picture. I am not photogenic, and I like very few photos of myself. I suspect the abuse I suffered as a child helped make me that way. I still will usually pose with others on request just so as not to seem like a spoil sport, but I definitely don't enjoy it.

In other news....
I have seen "shyguy" posting numerous times in other threads and quickly came to the conclusion:

1-"shyguy" is a misnomer...he is anything but!
2-he seems to have an unusual interest in Taylor Swift, who is probably half his age

Old 06-30-2015, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Exactly. I'm not a big fan of Facebook and am a private person and don't want my life on blast for who know who to see.

I'm the complete opposite of those that love to take 5 selfies a day and post every hour on their life online.

I believe in keeping some mystery about yourself.
That's fine if it basically means you prefer people to frame around you when possible, and yet still don't throw a hissy fit if, say, brothers and sisters of yours pose and want 1 or 2 of you in them, done quickly.

Mostly, though, it's also fine so long as you don't throw a fit if I'm in public photographing the scenery and you happen to end up in the background. That's the main thing.

Old 07-01-2015, 03:13 AM

411 posts, read 416,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
That's fine if it basically means you prefer people to frame around you when possible, and yet still don't throw a hissy fit if, say, brothers and sisters of yours pose and want 1 or 2 of you in them, done quickly.

Mostly, though, it's also fine so long as you don't throw a fit if I'm in public photographing the scenery and you happen to end up in the background. That's the main thing.
You sound like a self-entitled greaseball paparazzo. If you were really passionate about your photography, you would just discreetly get on with it but instead you seem to enjoy the idea that you may be crossing the line and getting in peoples faces about your hobby. Ten bucks says that you are a creep and a peeping tom.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildOnions View Post
You sound like a self-entitled greaseball paparazzo. If you were really passionate about your photography, you would just discreetly get on with it but instead you seem to enjoy the idea that you may be crossing the line and getting in peoples faces about your hobby. Ten bucks says that you are a creep and a peeping tom.
You lose $10.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships