Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 02:23 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,007,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
This is true. After all women go berserk if you leave the toilet seat up.
There ya go. Where was that, here that I heard a story about a woman going off on her husband b'c he squeezed the toothpaste tube wrong and when someone suggested having a his and hers tube, she said no, he just needs to learn to squeeze it right! Case in point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 02:29 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
There ya go. Where was that, here that I heard a story about a woman going off on her husband b'c he squeezed the toothpaste tube wrong and when someone suggested having a his and hers tube, she said no, he just needs to learn to squeeze it right! Case in point.
There's a big difference between nagging and general bitchiness and physical violence. The question was whether women are more physically aggressive or violent than men. They're not. Going "berserk" over a toilet seat or being a harridan about toothpaste is not the same thing as physical violence. Men in general have a much greater propensity for violence than women in general do.

Old 04-08-2009, 02:37 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
There's a big difference between nagging and general bitchiness and physical violence. The question was whether women are more physically aggressive or violent than men. They're not. Going "berserk" over a toilet seat or being a harridan about toothpaste is not the same thing as physical violence. Men in general have a much greater propensity for violence than women in general do.
Videos of women getting violent with each other are very popular on the internet. There are a lot of them. Like I said, it's not all women but when they're bad, they're baaaad. I'll give you one example. This girl attacked someone close to me verbally in public. I walked away from her. She later came to me with a group of girls and asked if I'd accept her apology. I was suspicous so I just turned away. When someone told me she was serious, I went to her and told her how I felt and was sorry I didn't take her seriously. She said she accepted my apology and said let's go outside and have a cig--my smoking years--and as I walked out the door, she jumped on my back and started pounding on me. LOL A bunch of guys pulled her off me and she was flailing like a friggin' monkey in a tree.

Old 04-08-2009, 02:45 PM

2,751 posts, read 5,364,282 times
Two things are standing out so far, the fact that women are more emotional then men (we're generalizing here), and this could account for the violent fights and the grudge keeping. The other I would say that still, in this day and age, a lot of women don't have the sense of themselves they should.

Old 04-08-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPit View Post
Two things are standing out so far, the fact that women are more emotional then men (we're generalizing here), and this could account for the violent fights and the grudge keeping. The other I would say that still, in this day and age, a lot of women don't have the sense of themselves they should.
Not sure what, exactly that means but I don't think that's gender-based. Me, the only sense I have about myself is that I'm changing all the time and I like who I am. I maintain my basic standards and whatnot but I love change. I like to reinvent myself. It's a challenge.

Old 04-08-2009, 02:49 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Videos of women getting violent with each other are very popular on the internet. There are a lot of them. Like I said, it's not all women but when they're bad, they're baaaad. I'll give you one example. This girl attacked someone close to me verbally in public. I walked away from her. She later came to me with a group of girls and asked if I'd accept her apology. I was suspicous so I just turned away. When someone told me she was serious, I went to her and told her how I felt and was sorry I didn't take her seriously. She said she accepted my apology and said let's go outside and have a cig--my smoking years--and as I walked out the door, she jumped on my back and started pounding on me. LOL A bunch of guys pulled her off me and she was flailing like a friggin' monkey in a tree.
Oh, I agree that women (SOME women, lest I be speaking too vaguely) can fight dirty and all that. I meant the kind of violence where people end up in the hospital or dead. But I think I'm hijacking the thread, so let's shake and go our separate ways.

Unless ... you'd like to join me for a cigarette?

Old 04-08-2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Oh, I agree that women (SOME women, lest I be speaking too vaguely) can fight dirty and all that. I meant the kind of violence where people end up in the hospital or dead. But I think I'm hijacking the thread, so let's shake and go our separate ways.

Unless ... you'd like to join me for a cigarette?
I quit, sorry.

Old 04-08-2009, 02:52 PM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,358,756 times
I think most women have issues with other women because they are not confident in themselves. And because they let men dictate their lives. I want ot say 85% of the issues women have with each other involves a man in some shape form or fashion. Alot of women dont trust themselves so how can they trust another woman? they can trust a man because they are blinded by good sex and being comfortable with that man. i dont have issues with other women. I secure enough to know that if a man wants to cheat he will and there is nothing you can do to stop him, I know that if my man was cheating not to deal with the woman but to deal with him becasue I wasnt in a relaitonship with that woman, I also know that everybody is not your friend...and sometimes ppl want to be next to you to get what you have. I treat ppl how I want to be treated....I trust but I know not to be a damn fool....and if it quacks like aduck its a duck and Ill cut my losses. Alto of women need to grow up and stop worrying about some man and what he thinks but what she thinks of herself....alot of these issues women have stem from insecurities..IMHO

Old 04-08-2009, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Martha View Post
I think a lot of women are raised to be this way. They view other women as competition and don't want to see any other woman succeed because that would take away from their own success as a woman somehow.

I personally got along with guys much better throughout my life, but it was because of my interests, not my dislike for other females. I have quite a few very close female friends and I cherish them and love their opinions. I do have to be careful though because some of my female friends have been known to get a little... well... catty. They try to compare lives and rank our successes and our failures. It's just not so easy. I think women are a lot more cutting about their competitive edge and men are a lot more straight forward about it. But I also think more and more males are starting to function like women in these matters. I've seen some pretty catty guys out there. (and no Mr Cat, I'm not saying you)
Yeah, I guess if a girl's mother is like that then she will either be like that or make a conscious effort not to be. I'm beginning to feel sorry for girls, such a maze it seems they have to navigate. And i do agree that more 'men' are like this. But then our society is more like this. Used to be if a boy/man had a problem with someone the direct approach was the only conceivable way. Now you figure if I give this guy the beating he's begging for I'll either get arrested or sued or both. A world best suited for cowards more and more.

Old 04-08-2009, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Not sure what, exactly that means but I don't think that's gender-based. Me, the only sense I have about myself is that I'm changing all the time and I like who I am. I maintain my basic standards and whatnot but I love change. I like to reinvent myself. It's a challenge.
See YBF's post on previous page.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships