Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2010, 05:30 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,827,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
I know it shows up on your feed. That's exactly what I was trying to tell you.

It shows up on your news feed. You said your mature friends saw your niece's updates and that's why you deleted your niece. But the updates don't show up on your mature friends' news feeds.
They did when she would comment on something I would post.

Old 08-08-2010, 05:33 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,481,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie2101 View Post
They did when she would comment on something I would post.
I can understand your niece posting vulgar statuses. But did she really leave vulgar comments on her aunt's posts? I just find that hard to believe.

Old 08-08-2010, 06:03 PM

544 posts, read 1,059,358 times
wow i can't believe people equate their facebook friendship status to real life friendships i remember a fight at my job because one girl sent another girl a friend request and the girl denied her i thought they were completely immature i guess their not alone

my sister deleted a number of people from her facebook page about a year ago. She was called into the office at her job because of an incident that occured on facebook. She'd commented on a friends post that contained a Youtube video. As you know FB leaves the little footprint on your page saying you commented on a link. Someone clicked on the little footprint and since the other person's page wasn't private they were able to see what was being discussed. I don't really know all of the details apparently the subject matter and the comments were about race and the person went back to the job talking about it and it spread through the office and got all the way up to the manager.

She went through and deleted almost everyone who wasn't family or a close friend. She also deletes those little footrints now. it had nothing to do with how she personally felt about any of the people she erased

Old 08-08-2010, 06:53 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,820,770 times
Quote:
You're misunderstanding that post. I was saying I don't like how people say your relationship has to be facebook official or it doesn't count.

Why did you take the effort to find a post I made on another thread? That's not stalkerish or anything...

And you call me creepy...

Actually, I have an app that pulls up every quote you've ever made, cross-references them to keywords, sends a text to my phone, and it pulls up a map to wherever you are because of the micro-chip GPS system I had inserted in your ear when you were asleep!

Seriously, get over yourself. I pulled a quote from another thread, because it lends credence to the argument that you take this Facebook thing waaaaaaaaaaay too seriously.

Old 08-08-2010, 07:01 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,827,265 times
Quote:
I can understand your niece posting vulgar statuses. But did she really leave vulgar comments on her aunt's posts? I just find that hard to believe.

Sigh...

I give up. You are correct. I am rude and uncouth for unfriending and ignoring people online. In my 55 years on this earth I should have learned better manners. I promise to never ignore you.

Oh, and God forbid I should infringe upon your constitutional rights.

Old 08-08-2010, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie2101 View Post
Sigh...

I give up. You are correct. I am rude and uncouth for unfriending and ignoring people online. In my 55 years on this earth I should have learned better manners. I promise to never ignore you.

Oh, and God forbid I should infringe upon your constitutional rights.
You're a better person than I am. City_data is going on my "ignore" list, here. He's way WAY too out there, for my taste.

Old 08-08-2010, 07:06 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,281,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy14 View Post
You're a better person than I am. City_data is going on my "ignore" list, here. He's way WAY too out there, for my taste.
Good idea.

Old 08-08-2010, 08:43 PM

48,568 posts, read 34,949,541 times
Let's see... I can try to reason with citydata91's views on FB... or go bang my head a against a wall... which will be more productive..?

Decisions. Decisions.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:18 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,392,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy14 View Post
LOL I wonder how much time he actually spends on Facebook. I let my younger cousin read some of his posts: she just finished her freshman year at FSU. She laughed. For a long time. A very long time.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:50 PM

Banging your head against the wall is more productive. It might knock you out, giving you a brief reprieve until you recover.

I'd choose that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships