Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 04:06 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,311,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Hmm, this thread seems to be taking a negative turn...
It seems to go that way whenever a certain duo tag-team arrives

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Shall I prepare the boat?
Build an ark and send them in pairs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2010, 04:07 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,391,826 times
Quote:
lmao. it depends how negativity is defined. i guess a person who is always angry or hateful is as bad as somebody who is always sad.

Old 05-29-2010, 04:07 PM

19,441 posts, read 15,292,122 times
Quote:
YES I despise their "sky is always falling" asses! I would help build the boat to ship them off to an island so the sky could fall on them and sink the island into the ocean beyond the sea floor and into the depths of hell from which they spawned............oh my, I so sorry....um, I just prefer not to be around negative people.
Sounds like an episode of "Lost."

Old 05-29-2010, 04:09 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,754,246 times
I do not despise negative people but there are some people out there that definately thrive on negative things....after a while those same negative people get on my nerves and I avoid them. Everyone has bad days so when the day is over ~ turn the page. Unfortunately some cannot and who am I to judge them.
Artsguy loves to call people Pollyannas but IMO I would rather take a positive approach on life as it gets me further.
I have had some bad things that have happened in my life and those are my private things...I do not need to come onto the internet and whine and complain day after day. Because I have that approach it doesn't make me a Pollyanna so how do you know that people that act postive haven't had bad things happen to them.

JMO

Last edited by crazyworld; 05-29-2010 at 04:34 PM..

Old 05-29-2010, 04:13 PM

19,441 posts, read 15,292,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
It seems to go that way whenever a certain duo tag-team arrives

Build an ark and send them in pairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
I do not despise negative people but there are some people out there that definately thrive on negative things....after a while those same negative people get on my nerves and I avoid them. Everyone has bad days so when the day is over ~ turn the page. Unfortunately some cannot and who am I to judge them.
Artsguy loves to call people Pollyannas but IMO I would rather take a positive approach on life as it gets me further.
I have had some bad things that have happened in my life and those are my private things...I do not need to come onto the internet and whine and complain day after day. Because I have that approach it doesn't make me a Pollyanna so how do you know that people that act postive haven't have bad things happen to them.

JMO
Great post. I agree with this.

Old 05-29-2010, 04:18 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,391,826 times
Quote:
I have had some bad things that have happened in my life and those are my private things...I do not need to come onto the internet and whine and complain day after day. Because I have that approach it doesn't make me a Pollyanna so how do you know that people that act postive haven't have bad things happen to them.

JMO
So really, the key is coping skills, and non-expectation.

By non-expectation, I mean that people sometimes are negative for the wrong reasons. People can seem negative if they aren't the life of the party or aren't living wildly, but it really is society that says people should. It also is society that says people are bad for not doing so. People should find what is contentment for them, and not what is socially/colloquially acceptable.

Also, nobody gets through life unscathed. Nobody. People should be perhaps taught that what will be will be. Well, not fatalism, but certainly that not all situations in life are equal. This is something we cannot get away from.

Old 05-29-2010, 04:46 PM

956 posts, read 1,769,415 times
Quote:

Action stations!

Old 05-29-2010, 06:20 PM

1,658 posts, read 2,779,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
-->the gods simply gave some people a hard life, so they simply have to take it. lol.

That. ^^

Now, surely you know us regulars are quite familiar with your "oh poor miserable life" threads you used to post. I mean, I'm really happy for ya if you've really found a more postive foothold in life, but yikes man ....you were one of the worst, most negative posters on here, not that long ago. Take it easy.
Gotta agree! I had to block you for a bit, samston. It was too heavy and snarky all the freakin' time!

Quote:
I have had some bad things that have happened in my life and those are my private things...I do not need to come onto the internet and whine and complain day after day. Because I have that approach it doesn't make me a Pollyanna so how do you know that people that act postive haven't had bad things happen to them.

JMO
HEY! I resemble that remark!

Old 10-28-2011, 02:33 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,141,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanstone1 View Post
I avoid negative people at all cost since they are not usually just negative about themselves and their own situations. I find they purposelly try to rob others of their joy in life. Fine if you want to be negative, just keep it to yourself. If you can offer constructive insight both pros AND cons speak up, otherwise save the naysaying for your mind.
Yes I hate negative, defeatist types with a passion!

I think you have the nail on the head there - They don't have balanced negativity , seeing their own problems - they talk themselves up, cover up their faults, minimise their problems. They have a high opinion of themselves but a low opinion of others

While always looking to prey on other weaknesses, make problems worse than they are, attack and bully others.

I don't think you ignore these types - you fight fire with fire - criticise and attack back with more venom, make them feel pain if they are going to be negative toward you.

Ignoring or "feeling sorry for them" is just weakness and capitulation to defeatist negative types - they don't count on getting attacked back.

Old 10-28-2011, 02:34 PM

221 posts, read 599,242 times
I hate negative people. I mean, I really rage against them. Constantly. I have nothing but bad things to say about them, and that's what I tell everyone else within earshot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships