Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 02:27 PM

414 posts, read 1,380,668 times

Advertisements

Which City has the Better Skyline Charlotte or Raleigh? To me Charlotte seems better now.

What will have a better skyline in 5 to 10 years. I know Raleigh Has some towers going up. What about Charlotte?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2007, 03:44 PM

95 posts, read 101,265 times
Charlotte has the better skyline. Raleigh's will never come close because the Triangle is just a collection of suburbs and strip malls with no city center.

Old 05-27-2007, 04:01 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
I know of three skyscrapers being built currently in charlotte and if it is confirm on donald trump it will be 4 . Not sure if the Nascar hall of fame will have an effect on the skyline but that and the baseball stadium will change the landscape view on the side of town both of those are going in. I really dont think you can compare the two skylines charlotte is alot larger of a city .

Old 05-27-2007, 08:16 PM

653 posts, read 2,704,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I know of three skyscrapers being built currently in charlotte and if it is confirm on donald trump it will be 4 . Not sure if the Nascar hall of fame will have an effect on the skyline but that and the baseball stadium will change the landscape view on the side of town both of those are going in. I really dont think you can compare the two skylines charlotte is alot larger of a city .
With the race in the news lately, I checked on the NASCAR Hall of Fame the other day. The NASCAR office tower that is to be built with the Hall of Fame is going to be 19 stories high.

http://www.lera.com/pimg/nascar/2857301_large.jpg (broken link)

I don't guess that's exactly big compared to all of the existing towers and the others coming in.

An interesting fact on the NASCAR Hall of Fame website is that 50 percent of the U.S. population lives within 500 miles of Charlotte.

NASCAR Hall of Fame (broken link)

Old 05-27-2007, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Charlotte has the better skyline. Raleigh's will never come close because the Triangle is just a collection of suburbs and strip malls with no city center.
To the person who gave me negative feedback: How on earth is the above quote "purposely misleading"?

The Triangle is a collection of suburbs. There is nothing "urban" about the place. On the other hand Charlotte is developing some population density around the city center.

Old 05-28-2007, 09:09 AM

3,124 posts, read 12,664,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
To the person who gave me negative feedback: How on earth is the above quote "purposely misleading"?

The Triangle is a collection of suburbs. There is nothing "urban" about the place. On the other hand Charlotte is developing some population density around the city center.
Raleigh is not as large as Charlotte, so it's going have a different level of skyline. We also are the state capital so our buildings have different purposes. Yes, we are more spread out....but that isn't always a bad thing.

However, Raleigh is growing. Our city center is developing (as oppoused to Charlotte's that is developed). More and more people are going downtown for entertainment and events. They are building more living space as well.

There are several LARGE projects in the works that are going to drastically change the sky line of Raleigh.

Here is website that has both a picture of the current skyline and an artists rendering of what is going to look like after the projects are built.

The Future Raleigh Skyline - RaleighSkyline.com - Photography and Multimedia of Raleigh, North Carolina

Old 05-28-2007, 10:01 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,912,051 times
It's pretty pointless to compare the skylines of cities that are so different and have such different populations and demographics.

It's about as logical as comparing the skylines of NYC and Richmond, VA. Pointless.

Old 05-28-2007, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona123 View Post
However, Raleigh is growing. Our city center is developing (as oppoused to Charlotte's that is developed).
Charlotte hasn't even started to develop.

The Triangle's major employment center is in RTP, Charlotte's is downtown. When your major employment center is a suburban office park you aren't going to develop much of a skyline.

Old 05-28-2007, 10:57 AM

4,300 posts, read 14,951,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLTZ View Post
Which City has the Better Skyline Charlotte or Raleigh? To me Charlotte seems better now.

What will have a better skyline in 5 to 10 years. I know Raleigh Has some towers going up. What about Charlotte?

Even the feel of Charlotte is drastically different to me.

Old 05-28-2007, 11:36 AM

52 posts, read 183,985 times
What baseball Stadium??Please explain!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina