Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Amendment 1
Yes, I support it 27 18.49%
No, I do not support it 119 81.51%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 02:14 PM

26 posts, read 30,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prwfromnc View Post
When did this recent poll come out?
March 10, 2012 -
Views shift on marriage amendment | CharlotteObserver.com & The Charlotte Observer Newspaper

Old 05-07-2012, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puggal View Post
'zactly. It isn't going to stop them from having sex (which is the real issue here, right?) or raising children (the sky is falling!), so call it what it is: punishment for a lifestyle you don't approve of.
No one has yet explained to me how a domestic partnership between same sex couples threatens heterosexual marriage. It is nonsensical. Would those who support Amendment One rather follow the Old Testament which says that men who don't want to marry should commit fraud and marry anyway? That would do a lot to strengthen marriage.

Old 05-07-2012, 02:28 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,534,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesusisnotpleased View Post
No one has yet explained to me how a domestic partnership between same sex couples threatens heterosexual marriage. It is nonsensical. Would those who support Amendment One rather follow the Old Testament which says that men who don't want to marry should commit fraud and marry anyway? That would do a lot to strengthen marriage.
That's the main difference between many people, many people have learned to weigh the facts, use a thinking process and come to a rational decision.

Then there are those raised in the ignorance of fundy religions and are taught that thinking and questioning what they are told is a sin in its self, and are merely taught "what" to think.

Old 05-07-2012, 02:58 PM

164 posts, read 357,864 times
Jeepers! Just realized I am an Independent. I can still vote AGAINST Amendment 1, right?

Old 05-07-2012, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper View Post
Jeepers! Just realized I am an Independent. I can still vote AGAINST Amendment 1, right?
Oh yes. You can vote in either the Democratic or Republican primary OR you can skip the primaries and just ask for an "unaffiliated" ballot. The Constitutional Amendment is on all ballots for registered voters over 17 years of age. Please be sure to vote, every one counts! Thank YOU!

Old 05-07-2012, 03:42 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
Word I have been getting (unconfirm) its located on the last page of the ballot. Which is odd as referendums I had on ballots usually on first or second page depending if it presidential ballot.

Old 05-07-2012, 04:22 PM

564 posts, read 873,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
That's the main difference between many people, many people have learned to weigh the facts, use a thinking process and come to a rational decision.

Then there are those raised in the ignorance of fundy religions and are taught that thinking and questioning what they are told is a sin in its self, and are merely taught "what" to think.
And there are those decided to take the high road by not insulting others that also used a thinking process and came to their own rational decision. Look at the comments and tell me where the hate is coming from.

Old 05-07-2012, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Word I have been getting (unconfirm) its located on the last page of the ballot. Which is odd as referendums I had on ballots usually on first or second page depending if it presidential ballot.
It was located on the back page of my ballot, followed by a bunch of liquor-related bills.

Old 05-07-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janster100 View Post
And there are those decided to take the high road by not insulting others that also used a thinking process and came to their own rational decision. Look at the comments and tell me where the hate is coming from.
I am still waiting for someone to explain to me how banning domestic partnerships threatens heterosexual marriage...

Old 05-07-2012, 04:37 PM

164 posts, read 357,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesusisnotpleased View Post
I am still waiting for someone to explain to me how banning domestic partnerships threatens heterosexual marriage...

As you know, you will NEVER get an answer. There is NO answer. There is NO threat to heterosexual marriage by allowing gays to marry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina