Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2018, 07:38 AM

1,459 posts, read 1,164,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
I am not sure what you're trying to say but Charlotte will continue to boom, much like Raleigh...neither are going to get Amazon...grow up.
Take your own advice buddy. Stating ones opinion is not a sign that one needs to "grow up."

Maybe you should wise up!

Old 01-20-2018, 07:43 AM

4,980 posts, read 5,395,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncchgrad View Post
How do you know what I think and feel? Your comments continue to be on the level of a high school kid who desperately wants to be relevant.

Please understand this, the city of Raleigh and its people don't care about Charlotte's growth nor size. We're focused on making Raleigh the best it can be. In order to reach its current numbers, the city of Charlotte basically annexed all of the available land in Mecklenburg county. This is also what Jacksonville, FL and Louisville, KY did and look how relevant those cities are. The growth in Charlotte is not organic population growth, as it is in Raleigh.

So stop using Charlotte's size and growth rate as some sort of evidence that Charlotte is a hot city. Once BOA decides to finally make the move up north, and Wells Fargo significantly downsizes it's presence in Charlotte, let's see how "desirable" your city is at that point.

Lol. Awe I hate to break it to you. Visit our city. You can use the argument of our land size but I can promise you Nashville and Charlotte are big midsized cities despite our huge land area

Nashville: 525 sq. Miles - 646,000 population
Charlotte: 298 sq. Miles - 842,000 population

BofA isn’t going anywhere. It’s building a building that is much bigger than any other building in NC outside of Charlotte. Also rumors they will build a second tower too before their new one is even finished

Wells Fargo is still growing in Charlotte. It’s their largest employer center. And they are contemplating moving HQ1 to HQ2 (yes. We are their HQ2. Equal in importantce, larger in size. Which is what Amazon HQ2 is.)

US Bank is growing. Most likely will Build their tower beside the new BofA tower.

Beside them the new Ally Financial tower is going up. The most important execs are based here and rumor has it, HQ might eventually move from Detroit to CLT.

Beside that is the new Regions Bank Tower. Regions Bank is growing its presence here.

Another large player, Babson Financial anchored a just complete office tower.

Then you have all the smaller, yet sizable players growing. Dimensional Funds is building a building in SouthEnd.

Yeah. So the banking thing we are still good at.

As far you claiming we are just a larger city on paper. Lots of the land is undeveloped.And anyone can use their eyes and visit and tell we are a midsize metro of 2.5 million. And ironically, our skyline will get
Much bigger thanks to banks, banks and more banks.

]
Photo by cj_byers

FYI. I wouldn’t be surprised if Charlotte overtook Raleigh in density numbers in a few years despite all of our empty industrial areas, airport and empty land.

Wake: 857 Sq. miles
1253 Density

Meck: 546 Sq. Miles
2013 Sq. Miles

I never said size matters. That was Raleigh posters.

Last edited by Charlotte485; 01-20-2018 at 07:55 AM..

Old 01-20-2018, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
I work downtown Raleigh having recently moved back to Durham from Charlotte working downtown in the energy biz. The two downtowns are night and day. Raleigh's downtown has gotten better but in terms of vibrancy, energy, etc....it's bland compared to Charlotte, a city that tore all of their old buildings down. Seems to me Raleigh will not get out of their own way - kind of stuck between being an overgrown eastern North Carolina city (Kinston or Greenville) and timid about propelling to the next level. It's still a good place with a lot of momentum...I hope they get Amazon, the city could use it much more so than Charlotte to pump up inner city build and activity.

Stop taking jabs at High Point, relatives there and great furniture. And actually their downtown kind of reminds me of Raleigh, some good bones without a few tall buildings. Raleigh does have a soul, it's 30 minutes west in Durham.
You're talking out of all sides of your mouth. You state emphatically that Raleigh won't get HQ2, but then you say that you hope Raleigh get's it.

Stop throwing shade and be consistent, if you can.

Old 01-20-2018, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
Lol. Awe I hate to break it to you. Visit our city. You can use the argument of our land size but I can promise you Nashville and Charlotte are big midsized cities.

Nashville: 525 sq. Miles - 646,000 population
Charlotte: 298 sq. Miles - 842,000 population

BofA isn’t going anywhere. It’s building a building that is much bigger than any other building in NC outside of Charlotte. Also rumors they will build a second tower too before their new one is even finished

Wells Fargo is still growing in Charlotte. It’s their largest employer center. And they are contemplating moving HQ1 to HQ2 (yes. We are their HQ2. Equal in importantce, larger in size. Which is what Amazon HQ2 is.)

US Bank is growing. Most likely will Build their tower beside the new BofA tower.

Beside them the new Ally Financial tower is going up. The most important execs are based here and rumor has it, HQ might eventually move from Detroit to CLT.

Beside that is the new Regions Bank Tower. Regions Bank is growing its presence here.

Another large player, Babson Financial anchored a just complete office tower.

Then you have all the smaller, yet sizable players growing. Dimensional Funds is building a building in SouthEnd.

Yeah. So the banking thing we are still good at.

As far you claiming we are just a larger city on paper. Lots of the land is undeveloped.And anyone can use their eyes and visit and tell we are a midsize metro of 2.5 million. And ironically, our skyline will get
Much bigger thanks to banks, banks and more banks.

]
Photo by cj_byers

Well then you have nothing to worry about and the loss of Amazon shouldn't matter and bother you, right?

Old 01-20-2018, 07:52 AM

749 posts, read 1,316,840 times
Amazon: Raleigh comes in at 20th place. Charlotte missed the top 20 and comes in at 21.

Raleigh folks: “OMG amazon loves us, we are a real city!”

Priceless

Old 01-20-2018, 07:55 AM

3,866 posts, read 4,279,397 times
Quote:
You're talking out of all sides of your mouth. You state emphatically that Raleigh won't get HQ2, but then you say that you hope Raleigh get's it.

Stop throwing shade and be consistent, if you can.
No shade, but they probably won't...do you really think they will? Compared to the others on that list? I mean let's be realistic but I do hope we get it but it's fools errand to believe Raleigh will. Raleigh's downtown area really needs it to propel it to being anywhere near the energy or vibrancy of downtown Charlotte.

Old 01-20-2018, 07:58 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,443,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNamesake View Post
Way to present such a compelling argument to convince us that Charlotte’s not soulless.

Guess what? High Point also has a jazz bar, BBQ and a NASCAR exhibit in its museum too lol

And we all know High Point is such a bastion of soul.

I honestly dont care if you or the numerous raleigh posters with the multiple profiles are convinved or not. I was just throwing those out there as examples. Seeing all the snarky replies it seems like you have a stick up the ase anyways. Not about to waste my time compelling a list to prove what Charlotte has and dosent have. But hey what would i know right, Im just a mix African American and puerto rican guy in a Blue Collar city that goes to fish frys jogs down the street for ms pats famous gumbo. How about when you come visit our soulless city you get out of your little bubble and venture further then just Uptown.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Well then you have nothing to worry about and the loss of Amazon shouldn't matter and bother you, right?

Apparently it’s a huge deal. It’s a big, big deal and it’s somehow proof to you Charlotte is a rag of a city that no one wants to move to.

It’s such a big deal the tech city was in the top 20 for a secondary headquarters of a tech company when a financial mid-sized City wasn’t. Neither did Sillicon Valley. Seattle didn’t make the HQ2 cut and they bid. Because for various reasons, we didn’t meet their needs. Cheesy video or not.

I’m not bothered. I just think some of you who are so excited that Charlotte wasn’t on the list are being so obsessive over being “up there” with Charlotte.... acting like CLT is not desirable. And I’m just like. Then why do more people move here than the triangle?

I wasn’t even aware Raleigh wasn’t included in the gang. Charlotte, Raleigh, Austin, Orlando, Tampa, Denver,
Nashville.... I guess some of you guys never got the message you’re in the club?

Old 01-20-2018, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by choloboy36 View Post
I honestly dont care if you or the numerous raleigh posters with the multiple profiles are convinved or not. I was just throwing those out there as examples. Seeing all the snarky replies it seems like you have a stick up the ase anyways. Not about to waste my time compelling a list to prove what Charlotte has and dosent have. But hey what would i know right, Im just a mix African American and puerto rican guy in a Blue Collar city that goes to fish frys jogs down the street for ms pats famous gumbo. How about when you come visit our soulless city you get out of your little bubble and venture further then just Uptown.
I've ventured from uptown and let me tell you, what I saw was not impressive.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:31 AM

Quote:
I've ventured from uptown and let me tell you, what I saw was not impressive.

Most people disagree with you. Hence why it’s booming like crazy.

Hence why it’s a much, much more desirable place for companies and people to relocate to than any other center cities in the Carolinas by a yuge margin. That’s why the population of center city Charlotte is by far the most populated center city in the Carolinas. Can you explain if uptown is so lackluster, why it continues to grow leaps and bounds faster than others?

If you don’t like center city CLT. You don’t like it. But many people do. That’s why rents are higher, more people and companies choose it.

I’m still not sure why you need to cut down Charlotte to make Raleigh look better in your eyes. But no matter how much you convince yourself.... Charlotte is a booming and growing at a rapid pace. No matter what you think.

You think I’m fond Triangle has such a great higher education system? Not by any means. But it is what it is. You have your toys. We have ours. But by constantly squeeling From the point of PNC tower Raleigh is so superior.... Makes you seem like nothing exist outside of NC in your mind

I mean. This whole Amazon list is further proof how some of you forget there is a world beyond NC. During MLS, Raleigh kept mentioning Charlotte, Charlotte, Charlotte. Was gleeful when we refused to publicly fund a stadium. That was enough for some of you. Yet, Nashville ended up getting MLS. Someone outside, yet close, to your NC bubble

Last edited by Charlotte485; 01-20-2018 at 08:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina