Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2016, 09:05 PM

1,679 posts, read 3,018,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
They didn't cut taxes, do you understand basic logic? Do you realize how the ripple effect of eliminating so-called monies from the economy? The average joe who works at the paper mill company, rubber plant, chemical plant, etc that depend on federal gubment related job orders.

Lol, would you rather make 30k per year with little to no tax burden or 200k per year (mortgage deduction, etc) with 30% tax burden....you do the math mental midget.
Well according to the tax information here they did cut taxes...

The personal income tax rate is dropping from 7.75% pre 2013 to 5.8% 2014 to 5.75% in 2016 and lower in 2017

Tax Rate for Tax Year 2014

The corporate tax also dropped to 4% bringing in more jobs to the state. The governor cut unemployment benefits and the unemployment rate dropped.

This is what it is a tax cut!

What we have now is people complaining because they expect a free handout. Thats not how freedom and liberty work. If you want something go out and earn it.

This state will perish if you fall into the trap of expecting something for nothing. The GOP have provided an environment that business will thrive. I just heard Pat McCory on Mark Levin and have to say NC is a very lucky state!

Old 05-10-2016, 09:18 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,599,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartford_renter View Post
The tax rate dropped after the tax cuts.

taxes paid / Income = tax rate

and the tax rate in 2015 was lower than 2014 because the government is collecting a smaller percentage of taxes. Because you collected more than was expected is meaningless.

What was the overall rate? It was lower because the GOP cut the tax rate.

Facts are a stubborn thing.

But can you answer my question? Do you think you are entitled to my money from my work? and if so why?

I don't think you are entitled to anything pumba!
I never said I was entitled to anything of yours. I work for one of those supposed big bad banks in accounting. So yes I do understand how economics work and I understand budgets as it is what I do on a daily basis. Our rate went down yes, deductions went away so guess what we gave more in taxes because we could not take deductions to lower our burdern, aka WE PAID MORE IN TAXES. You took a $50,000 deduction away from small business, and you taxed servicies so again WE PAID MORE IN TAXES.

Old 05-10-2016, 09:22 PM

3,868 posts, read 4,281,283 times
Quote:
Well according to the tax information here they did cut taxes...

The personal income tax rate is dropping from 7.75% pre 2013 to 5.8% 2014 to 5.75% in 2016 and lower in 2017

Tax Rate for Tax Year 2014

The corporate tax also dropped to 4% bringing in more jobs to the state. The governor cut unemployment benefits and the unemployment rate dropped.

This is what it is a tax cut!

What we have now is people complaining because they expect a free handout. Thats not how freedom and liberty work. If you want something go out and earn it.

This state will perish if you fall into the trap of expecting something for nothing. The GOP have provided an environment that business will thrive. I just heard Pat McCory on Mark Levin and have to say NC is a very lucky state!
Riddle me batman, how do you cut taxes and increase tax revenue received? It's impossible without decimating the system. Do you really think NC GOP has some magic pill or method not previously done? It's a bait and switch, the tax burden got shifted to "look" like a tax deduction. They eliminated tax deductions, increased the sales tax.

You as a citizen have now been played for a fool.....just look at tax returns since 2013. Those receiving something for nothing are at the top of the food chain. By the time it trickles down to the average Joe it's backwash. The scam and hustle is a the top.

NC has thrived for a long time pre-Pat and will post-Pat. Pre-Obama and post-Obama. NC got lucky with Terry Sanford as governor in the 60s (huge investments in public education), followed by Hunt and fellow moderate GOP governors who couldn't push a BS social agenda due to a heavy-laden Dem GA.

Old 05-10-2016, 09:30 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,599,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Riddle me batman, how do you cut taxes and increase tax revenue received? It's impossible without decimating the system. Do you really think NC GOP has some magic pill or method not previously done? It's a bait and switch, the tax burden got shifted to "look" like a tax deduction. They eliminated tax deductions, increased the sales tax.

You as a citizen have now been played for a fool.....just look at tax returns since 2013. Those receiving something for nothing are at the top of the food chain. By the time it trickles down to the average Joe it's backwash. The scam and hustle is a the top.

NC has thrived for a long time pre-Pat and will post-Pat. Pre-Obama and post-Obama. NC got lucky with Terry Sanford as governor in the 60s (huge investments in public education), followed by Hunt and fellow moderate GOP governors who couldn't push a BS social agenda due to a heavy-laden Dem GA.

Tax returns? More like taxes owed at this point. I see people in the $25k a year range having to pay NC taxes at the end of the year. I always have a big on that one.

Old 05-10-2016, 09:44 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,008,258 times
North Carolina has the 18th lowest tax burden for low income families and the 24th lowest tax burden for the middle class. Considering it's rank is 29th for high income people, I'd say our low and middle income families are much less put upon than you're claiming.

https://wallethub.com/edu/best-state...pective/11257/

Old 05-11-2016, 06:44 AM

275 posts, read 330,949 times
Quote:
Aren't these good things?

He is reducing spending on freeloaders. Are you unemployed?

I work for a living and people like you disgust me

And you disgust me for assuming I'm some freeloader. I work for a living too just like everyone else in this topic. Just because we don't see eye to eye on all the issues doesn't mean we go to name calling or assuming we are a certain way. We know at the end of the day someone is gonna be unhappy because that's just how politics work but you think things cutting spending for education is a good thing?

Old 05-11-2016, 07:06 AM

3,868 posts, read 4,281,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vulfpeck View Post
North Carolina has the 18th lowest tax burden for low income families and the 24th lowest tax burden for the middle class. Considering it's rank is 29th for high income people, I'd say our low and middle income families are much less put upon than you're claiming.

https://wallethub.com/edu/best-state...pective/11257/
That's a convoluted metric/index that makes little sense. Simply compare your post 2013 returns to years previous (ceteris paribus: all things being equal). Where are the allowable state deductions for the small change joe (0)? And then the shift to increase sales taxes, thus, those who earn less pay the same rate dollar for dollar on purchased goods.

The poor (working/middle class) don't have a slew of lobbyist in Raleigh influencing these pro high-end tax structures. It is what it is, that's the way GOP operates and always will. Is this new news to you? I'm not advocating an opinion one way or the other (good, bad, indifferent), it's their platform and baseline to propel business investments. Yet the results haven't changed, NC is still in line with pre-McCory growth, expectations etc. since the national economy rebounded. They simply shifted the tax burden.

Old 05-11-2016, 12:05 PM

1,826 posts, read 2,497,050 times
Quote:
Aren't these good things?

He is reducing spending on freeloaders. Are you unemployed?

I work for a living and people like you disgust me
Sure it's a good thing to cut public school budgets? Aren't some of McCory and the GOP's biggest supporters the ones who whine the most about the quality of public schools?

I guess it's a good thing for wealthy parents who send their kids to private schools. Can't spend too much of our tax dollars on educating those freeloaders right?

Old 05-11-2016, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumbaa View Post
I never said I was entitled to anything of yours. I work for one of those supposed big bad banks in accounting. So yes I do understand how economics work and I understand budgets as it is what I do on a daily basis. Our rate went down yes, deductions went away so guess what we gave more in taxes because we could not take deductions to lower our burdern, aka WE PAID MORE IN TAXES. You took a $50,000 deduction away from small business, and you taxed servicies so again WE PAID MORE IN TAXES.
Do you disagree with the principal of tax decreases? The GOP has decreased the income tax rate. That is what the governor did and is still trying to do. I'm not sure if you are against tax decreases or just complaining that yours wasn't large enough.

As the GOP decreases rates your total taxes paid should fall like everyone else's eventually the rate decrease will overcome your losses from no deductions. Its unfortunate that the deduction you used to take did not offset the lower rate that was enacted.

You should be in favor of decreasing the income tax rate to 0%. We just need spending cuts to do it.

Aren't you for this in principal? I am thats why I support the GOP

Old 05-11-2016, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusAV View Post
Sure it's a good thing to cut public school budgets? Aren't some of McCory and the GOP's biggest supporters the ones who whine the most about the quality of public schools?

I guess it's a good thing for wealthy parents who send their kids to private schools. Can't spend too much of our tax dollars on educating those freeloaders right?
Public schools should be paid by property taxes funded by each town.

It is not fair to have residents at one end of the state subsidize others. We need a zero percent state income tax and to do that cut all the medicaid and welfare spending.

Get rid of the earned income tax credit if there still is one in NC.

We need more freedom and less taxes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina