Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2010, 05:35 PM

330 posts, read 460,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
Hello everyone,

I know my timing will seem coincidental to recent developments regarding folks' claims, however effective immediately I will no longer be monitoring and answering questions on this or any other Unemployment Insurance thread. Sometimes the time is right to wrap things up and move on, and this is that time for me on the Unemployment Insurance subject. For 14 months I've answered questions here on my own time in the evenings and weekends (in addition to 8 hours per day at the office) and provided a TON of information. But the office is where I wish to leave the subject at the end of the 8 hour day, so from this point forward any question or need regarding Unemployment Insurance should be directed to your local office or the Remote Service Center.

I wish each of you the best of luck!
(i had a feeling his head would explode.)
thanks for the many months, and good luck. get off this forum and tip back a cold one.
thanks again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2010, 05:37 PM

656 posts, read 1,139,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
Hello everyone,

I know my timing will seem coincidental to recent developments regarding folks' claims, however effective immediately I will no longer be monitoring and answering questions on this or any other Unemployment Insurance thread. Sometimes the time is right to wrap things up and move on, and this is that time for me on the Unemployment Insurance subject. For 14 months I've answered questions here on my own time in the evenings and weekends (in addition to 8 hours per day at the office) and provided a TON of information. But the office is where I wish to leave the subject at the end of the 8 hour day, so from this point forward any question or need regarding Unemployment Insurance should be directed to your local office or the Remote Service Center.

I wish each of you the best of luck!
Jdljr,
I want to personally thank you for all your dedication and time you've spent here!
You've guided me through the whole horrid unemployment experience after being employed for close to 35 years.
I would've been personally lost without your help., as the local and Raleigh service offices are in no way as sincere at helping as you've always been.
I understand your need to leave work at work and enjoy your time away from there

Words cannot express my gratitude and I wish you the best of luck in all that you do.
KC

Old 09-24-2010, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
(i had a feeling his head would explode.)
thanks for the many months, and good luck. get off this forum and tip back a cold one.
thanks again.
ha!
I can't imagine coming home to this every night and also on weekends

He's been a huge help, to so very many.
Just a kind,kind man.
Plain and simple you don't find anyone around very often, with such a kind generous nature as like he has.

I suppose now we're the blind leading the blind........ scary

Old 09-24-2010, 05:52 PM

18 posts, read 36,051 times
I certainly don't blame you for leaving it all at the office. That's why plumbers have leaky pipes and the shoemaker's kids run around barefoot.

As for the multiple letters people are getting, I sort of wonder if when that program ran and they reversed the second year of Regular UI it triggered an overpayment event in the computer system and automatic dispatch of letters. Then the pull forward of unused extensions which occurred thereafter offset that overpayment condition, but the letters had already been queued for mailing. That's just a wild guess, but I have seen other large and complex systems behave that way before. That's kind of why I expected to receive multiple letters with semi-contradictory information and/or figures.

Old 09-24-2010, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squareWave View Post
I certainly don't blame you for leaving it all at the office. That's why plumbers have leaky pipes and the shoemaker's kids run around barefoot.

As for the multiple letters people are getting, I sort of wonder if when that program ran and they reversed the second year of Regular UI it triggered an overpayment event in the computer system and automatic dispatch of letters. Then the pull forward of unused extensions which occurred thereafter offset that overpayment condition, but the letters had already been queued for mailing. That's just a wild guess, but I have seen other large and complex systems behave that way before. That's kind of why I expected to receive multiple letters with semi-contradictory information and/or figures.
I think you may have it right with the letters going out..
The site did say that some would get multiple letters.

I'm actually hoping I get a letter of some sort tomorrow.
The conflicting info. I recieved yesterday and today just keeps replaying through my head.
One said I have an overpayment, the other didn't say I didn't, but never mentioned it, only mentioned what I have available and what tier I'm now in...... Of course the weeks she told me I have available are almost mind boggling... something's not right

Old 09-24-2010, 06:12 PM

like i said, my letters have the specific weeks of the overpayment on them. both are overpayment letters. no "you are in Tier whatever" letters. i'll do some more math, but i'm gonna need a drink.

Old 09-24-2010, 06:38 PM

83 posts, read 264,996 times
I just examined my entire payment history to see if I can get a clear pic of why I received over $1,600 today. Yes, ESC explained it to me, however, the numbers don't match up.

I was told that I should've stayed on EUC instead of being forced into a second benefit year. As such, I should've received a higher weekly rate for the last 25 weeks.

If I multiply the weekly difference by 25 weeks, the amount I should've been "refunded" is more than double what the ESC actually gave me. Of course, I haven't received any letter in the mail------yet.

Another call to ESC Monday morn!

Old 09-24-2010, 06:47 PM

maybe its split in half...like the letters. ? you have that big a difference in maximum benefits? wow.

Old 09-24-2010, 06:51 PM

83 posts, read 264,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
maybe its split in half...like the letters. ? you have that big a difference in maximum benefits? wow.
Seemingly, it's not. But, who knows.

Also, according to my calcs, based on this whole revision, I should only have 2 more weeks left of Tier 4 at the higher rate. Yet, ESC told me I have one week from Tier 2 that I'll receive payment for, Tier 3 is exhausted, and I have 6 weeks left in Tier 4. Plus, the lady said I will qualify for 20 weeks of EB. Go figure.

Old 09-24-2010, 06:57 PM

i think the 1 week from Tier 2 you have is because of that 14th week that the Feds added to Tier 2, when it was originally 13. thats why it looks weird to have Tier 3 done, but 1 week left in Tier 2. probably some weird accounting they have to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina