Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2010, 03:20 PM

330 posts, read 460,899 times

Advertisements

if the EB theyre talking about is LONGER than the 20 weeks of Year 1 EB you wouldve gotten, maybe thats ok.
i think CA11 said something about a longer than normal EB for him. not sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 03:23 PM

193 posts, read 285,872 times
I don't see how that's fair though. I mean, yeah, they screwed up. Everyone does. Adding weeks on to my EB is GREAT IF I'm still unemployed. I guess I'm bitter simply because the people who overpaid were forgiven. SOooo.. why not us?

Old 10-21-2010, 03:30 PM

you didnt think they could make it fair, did ya?

i mean, whether it was the amount or the duration, the last 6-9 months for us was altered by their screwup.
dead weeks, smaller weeks.
i dont know if the overpaid were forgiven. they still had weeks slid up. and maybe one or two weeks burned in making up some mysterious dollar amount.
i wonder what the largest WEEKLY overpayment was. mine was $11 a week.

Old 10-21-2010, 04:15 PM

193 posts, read 285,872 times
good point.

Old 10-22-2010, 09:41 AM

39 posts, read 73,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbbig View Post
they will only want your last 4-5 weeks worth of search records , they will make a copy of them and give you a new form to fill out and bring back in four weeks. i actually brought all of my search records from year one to my first eligibility review for EB and i was the only one who was sitting there with a stack of papers lol. but the past 4-5 weeks is usually all they are looking for at each review.
i had a question about these reviews.

I filed online (internet) and my last job was for a software company (.com)

so my queston is, will they be so stringent on the "must make a face to face attempt"

I file MANY applications ONLINE. many places i go, face to face, they say "please go to our website and fill out an application"

so, are they going to shun me for doing most of my applying via the internet? I mean, consider my past job, for a software company, going forward 99% of any job attempt would be made through the internet. Its not like software company work is a "walk-in" type of thing...

edit : and i wanted to add, it says something like "your agent can approve non-standard forms of job application at their discretion" BUT as you know, via internet filers, we don't really have an "agent" and we don't regularly come into an office. wayyyyyy long ago i asked a phone agent if it was ok, and they said "as long as its a legit job, and you can put down the date, the company, and a manager/supervisor its fine"

just want to be sure.

Old 10-22-2010, 09:59 AM

seems like almost no one takes applications in person anymore. i only have direct face to face experience with 1 rep, and it was never an issue.

Old 10-22-2010, 10:16 AM

N.C. jobless rate dips to 9.6% in September, but new claims jump :: WRAL.com

this looks like the tiniest of good news, but dont be fooled. go to the full report at ncesc.com.

there are different numbers for seasonal and nonseasonal. and big differences in government employment. what would be the largest seasonal government job connected to September? would that be teachers?

supposedly 9600 seasonally adjusted government positions(what might those be?) filled, out of a STATEWIDE total job number of 10,100.

thats right, folks. not counting farm work or government, 500 jobs were filled across the entire state in September.
easy math shows that to be 5 per county.

Old 10-22-2010, 10:20 AM

also, it would appear that with the number of unemployed dipping slightly, AND the number of people employed dropping, that people are...leaving. not sure there's any other way to interpret that.

Old 10-22-2010, 10:37 AM

46 posts, read 70,116 times
Hi. I'm reading that some of you that started EB received your appt for review. I haven't received it yet and they have my EB start date of 10/10/10. (hmm I should go play the lottery with those numbers)
Anyway, do the reviews go by dates started? I just worry that they sent mine, and it got lost in the mail or something. Would my profile indicate if I had a review date?
For those of you that got a review letter, when did you start EB?
I also didn't receive a refund for the 50% as I'm reading some people did. I did appeal on the last day deadline.

Old 10-22-2010, 10:39 AM

^i doubt they expected to see you yet. i would say 3-4 weeks from your EB start date. if you file for benefits Sunday, and get them, you arent being held up from a missed review.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina