Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2011, 09:54 AM

191 posts, read 218,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCEB View Post
Epic FAIL! MOTION TO DIVIDE EB FROM BUDGET DENIED! 19 aye 31 nay party line
It has just become plain silly. They know they will most likely get the budget they want, because they have the majority. Why not just help the people? I know it is like talking to a brick wall but enough is enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 09:55 AM

249 posts, read 304,968 times
Default Update from Tillis' Office

I just got a phone call (I had left a message yesterday.) Here's what I was told:

- Benefits will be retroactive for ALL people (even those unable to file because you weren't on EB before April 16th.

- EB will stay in budget and they have the five Democrat votes needed for an override so even if Perdue doesn't sign, they can override early next week.

-If Perdue doesn't veto immediately, she only has 10 days to do so or to sign, otherwise the budget bill will automatically become law.

Old 06-01-2011, 09:58 AM

Default Slim to none

I really don't think she'll hold onto it for 10 days. The Unemployed and the Republican party would crucify her for holding up the benefits.

She'll either veto it to make her stance clear or she'll sign it right way.

That's my educated guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebnow View Post
What are the chances of Perdue holding the budget bill for 10 days?

Last edited by Holwager; 06-01-2011 at 10:34 AM..

Old 06-01-2011, 09:58 AM

264 posts, read 313,060 times
Well done, holwager. So bearing a pudding wrestling match on the house floor, we have our answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holwager View Post
I just got a phone call (I had left a message yesterday.) Here's what I was told:

- Benefits will be retroactive for ALL people (even those unable to file because you weren't on EB before April 16th.

- EB will stay in budget and they have the five Democrat votes needed for an override so even if Perdue doesn't sign, they can override early next week.

-If Perdue doesn't veto immediately, she only has 10 days to do so or to sign, otherwise the budget bill will automatically become law.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soleprovider51 View Post
Well done, holwager. So bearing a pudding wrestling match on the house floor, we have our answer.
Chocolate, vanilla or butterscotch? I can't decide

Old 06-01-2011, 10:07 AM

230 posts, read 275,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCEB View Post
Epic FAIL! MOTION TO DIVIDE EB FROM BUDGET DENIED! 19 aye 31 nay party line

So now we see the republicans and their true colors. They have stated all along they support it, but when it comes to do the right thing and break it out they are now on the record and being against it.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaylin View Post
So now we see the republicans and their true colors. They have stated all along they support it, but when it comes to do the right thing and break it out they are now on the record and being against it.
Agreed 100%, it seems like we are their only "Ace in the Hole"

Old 06-01-2011, 10:26 AM

264 posts, read 313,060 times
Never have I felt so demeaned while still being held as an asset! The stalemate on EB in North Carolina will definitely be noted and remembered in NC's government and policy decisions.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:40 AM

I think the only thing left is to see what Perdue does on Saturday. If she signs, we should see benefits by next week. If she exercises her veto immediately, then we're looking at early next week for the override. If she decides to hold onto it for up to 10 days then we're looking at a little longer wait.

So, however it plays out I think we're looking at anywhere from one week to three weeks before we should benefits flowing again. Retroactive for EVERYONE.

Finally, we can go back to 100% focus on job searching. I feel like I've had a second job lobbying politicians this past 6 weeks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soleprovider51 View Post
Never have I felt so demeaned while still being held as an asset! The stalemate on EB in North Carolina will definitely be noted and remembered in NC's government and policy decisions.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:41 AM

122 posts, read 161,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaylin View Post
I am so glad someone can see the light!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina