Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2010, 10:28 AM

656 posts, read 1,139,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskin View Post
I took everything to the original meeting but she only asked if I had a resume with me. She asked for the job search records at the second meeting. She had prepared me for this at the first one. I'd take your resume. But I do not think that you have to take anything.

OK Lets say it was week 4 of my unemployment that I made the $1200. When I filed that week I claimed $1200. That was over my allowance of $125 and my benefits of $494 so I got $0. In week 5 when I filed I made nothing so I caimed nothing -my payment was $494 plus the $25 additional that is paid in any week you get any amount in benefits. Does that make it more clear or more confusing?
Yep, thanks I get it
I thought that's what you had meant.
I thought I'd had a different answer earlier form somebody else . but I could be wrong. Decisions, decisions, stress ,stress, stress
You've been through it , so I trust your answer. This employer is the same employer that I used to work almost 3 years for up until Feb of '09., I'm still collecting off of that initial claim when they laid me off due to lack of work.
Now after almost a year, they had some days for me in Jan. and now these days that I can take next week.

I do like the work and the company, although they're struggling now.
I want to keep my foot in the door per say., so if that days ever comes they'd hire me back for fulltime employment.

Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2010, 10:39 AM

656 posts, read 1,139,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskin View Post
Hey when this is over JDLJR may have taught us enough that we can get jobs at ESC ourselves. Having been through it all, if he could supervise, we would be great claims reps. Then those there (probably the ones in charge) that are clueless can collect unemployment. Sound slike fair play to me.
lol, so funny, I had just told my husband that I should ask them if they had any opening's at my local office?>lol!

Downside for me, is I love working with people and have done so my whole life.. Just "not" in an office setting, I'm a hands on person.
Now trouble with that one is I'm getting older, my career has demands of somebody much younger and a little more able bodied that myself

I'm falling in the cracks and too young yet for retirement.
Oh well I keep on keepin on

Old 03-10-2010, 11:06 AM

177 posts, read 304,551 times
I know what you mean KC. My problem is that my education which ended formally almost 20 years ago does not match my work experience at all. So entry level positions that match my education pay nothing. There are very few positions that match my work experience. That is why the local rep suggested I start my own business. I just do not have the funds available to do that right now.

Old 03-10-2010, 12:11 PM

18 posts, read 35,438 times
Started new benefit year Jan 2010 which regular UI ends mid April. In 2009 claim I used Tier 1 & 2 and 1 week of EB. Is there a new extension that I would roll into or would the rest of EB start? Called office and they said I would have to wait until it almost runs out to receive letter which it would be nice to know in advance while looking for employment.

Old 03-10-2010, 12:17 PM

407 posts, read 660,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmbb View Post
Started new benefit year Jan 2010 which regular UI ends mid April. In 2009 claim I used Tier 1 & 2 and 1 week of EB. Is there a new extension that I would roll into or would the rest of EB start? Called office and they said I would have to wait until it almost runs out to receive letter which it would be nice to know in advance while looking for employment.
im in EXACT SAME situation!
and JDLJR answered my question a few pages back and
said that since i qualified for TIER 1 and 2 last claim year (but do NOT qualify for any extension on my year 2 because of the 1.5 rule) that they should Pull forward Tier 3 and 4 based on my last year claim and roll me into those when i run out of EU in april

BUTTTTT dont take my word for it because im still nervous about not having in official yet too!

Old 03-10-2010, 12:38 PM

The letters are confusing and sometimes wrong. I haven't recieved but two letters since my second benefit year started in Nov. One for the RES program and 1 that was a duplicate letter telling me about the revision to the second tier. My benefits ran out 2/27 and NOTHING from them yet. I know I should have tier 3 and 4 pull forward but the old 2.27 deadline messed it up for now. I'd be happy with any communication from them.

In spite of everything I think it will all be straightend out as soon as the programming is complete for tier 4 and the pull forwards are caught up. It sounds like you guys will be fine in April.

Old 03-10-2010, 12:58 PM

131 posts, read 232,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmbb View Post
Pretty sure you would start Tier 3. Then week#14 of Tier 2 (yes, it does seem backwards), then Tier 4. Since you got regular UE in a new benefit year, you will not be eligible for EB in either year....my case was similar to yours, only the dates were different, but this is how my situation is proceeding.

Old 03-10-2010, 12:59 PM

407 posts, read 660,927 times
U should call them EVERY DAY! and then ask for a supervisor and KEEP A RECORD of who u spoke to and who told u what! that way u can at least argue your case and IF u catch someone who knows what they are doing, then try to call back and ask for that person , even if u have to hold for way longer!

Old 03-10-2010, 02:03 PM

86 posts, read 174,202 times
went to the local office. total waste of time. some random points:
no pullforwards are done at this point. only when Tier 4 is finished.

march 17th - is the date when they input programming Tier 4. Doesn't mean you'll get the money on March 17th, only the balances will be entered into a system. Not going to be retroactive. Will be able to file for the 1st week of Tier 4 on March 17th.

my status says benefits exhausted due to some error codes that happen on 2/27. Apparently, the error codes 15 and 16 are bad for your case, and your money could be stuck because of those codes. So i guess, if you file and didn't receive the money call the 1800 number and ask them to fix codes 15 and 16 in your case.

spoke to a rep and a manager. total confusion among them as to what is going on. at the end i was told i got overpaid anyway and when i asked for the printouts of my benefit, i was told they don't have time as there are other people waiting

Old 03-10-2010, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by member2009 View Post
went to the local office. total waste of time. some random points:
no pullforwards are done at this point. only when Tier 4 is finished.

march 17th - is the date when they input programming Tier 4. Doesn't mean you'll get the money on March 17th, only the balances will be entered into a system. Not going to be retroactive. Will be able to file for the 1st week of Tier 4 on March 17th.

my status says benefits exhausted due to some error codes that happen on 2/27. Apparently, the error codes 15 and 16 are bad for your case, and your money could be stuck because of those codes. So i guess, if you file and didn't receive the money call the 1800 number and ask them to fix codes 15 and 16 in your case.

spoke to a rep and a manager. total confusion among them as to what is going on. at the end i was told i got overpaid anyway and when i asked for the printouts of my benefit, i was told they don't have time as there are other people waiting
Can you get into your claim to print out your benedits online?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina