Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2014, 07:55 AM

104 posts, read 189,827 times

Advertisements

I don't think a question like "is this area safe?" can be answered true or false. It's all subjective. If you're moving to PCP from an urban area, yes, it will probably be much safer and quieter. There are elements of crime everywhere and some pockets of it in your area, but I don't think you need to be frightened. Enjoy your house and make a judgment about the community for yourself rather than on stories other people are telling you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2014, 09:41 AM

217 posts, read 333,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R'kia View Post
Hi. I just got a house in pcp and people had frighten me with some stories that is not so save any more I just want to know if it is true or not. If you could answer me with true or false will be very helpful
I am sorry I can't answer your question as I decided to buy a private home that is not in PCP. Being I don't live there, it would not be fair for me to say if it was a safe place or not. But being that you already bought your home there, I wish you all the best. I hope you continue to visit the forum and advise others of your level of happiness.

Old 04-03-2014, 10:50 AM

104 posts, read 189,827 times
Congrats on your home purchase, LI2PA! Hope you are enjoying it--I guess since you plan to use it mostly in the summer, you haven't been here much. We actually really liked the winter up here this year--the snow was so beautiful and stays white, unlike in the city. The skiing was terrific, too!

Old 04-03-2014, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abundantly_Above View Post
Congrats on your home purchase, LI2PA! Hope you are enjoying it--I guess since you plan to use it mostly in the summer, you haven't been here much. We actually really liked the winter up here this year--the snow was so beautiful and stays white, unlike in the city. The skiing was terrific, too!
Thank you! I've been up there at least once a month...you are so right, the snow was beautiful and the icicles too, but I sure was glad I brought my snow blower. I was very pleased with how well they plow the roads Now the electric bill...not so much I can't wait to do some plantings

Old 04-03-2014, 08:10 PM

472 posts, read 778,472 times
LI2PA- Hey buddy looks like a resurgance of the ole thread lol.... Tobyhanna Rocks!!! lol

Old 04-03-2014, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge621 View Post
LI2PA- Hey buddy looks like a resurgance of the ole thread lol.... Tobyhanna Rocks!!! lol
S.S.S. = Seems so Sarge

Old 04-03-2014, 08:13 PM

Seriously if anyone wants to know about PCP private message me with ur concerns I will tell you the COLD HARD FACTS in today's world not what it was 12 years ago... The good, the bad there is beauty in that place everyone calls the beast...

Old 04-03-2014, 08:15 PM

S.S.S. is better then S.O.S. lol

Old 04-03-2014, 09:00 PM

2,861 posts, read 3,848,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge621 View Post
s.s.s. Is better then s.o.s. Lol
... S.o.l.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:55 AM

2 posts, read 1,868 times
Hi....I was wondering if you could give me a recent opinion of Pocono Country Place? I'm interested in purchasing a home there for my family as a weekend/Summer home. I've been reading a lot of your blogs on the place as well as other opinions. It seems to have mixed reviews. Any info I could get would be most helpful.....Thank You
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania