Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2007, 12:22 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,667,671 times

Advertisements

The girls are so full of excitement. This is a great story of a well anticipated visit.
I have given their family the site to track their flights.
This is quite fun to do as you follow the plane as it takes off, until it lands.
It also gives you the height the plane is at.
So you can tell when they are coming down towards landing.
They will be leaving in the middle of the night and land in Miami first!
I don't know how long that layover is. ¿

They then will come into LaGuardia, take a shuttle bus ( they didn't know what shuttle was at first.....so cute) to a Hostel in NYC.

They plan to look around and head up to the Tree, maybe the Manhattan Mall, the M&M Store.......( they told ME about) Possibly Macy's.

They have the MTA bus route with them. The Maps, and they know how to get to Martz Bus in the terminal.

It was great for them to get so, much information on line. I'm sure it makes for a better visit here. Without the internet years ago, someone would come with very little knowledge of what was what.

I know they are just thrilled and so thankful for all of the help.
I hope we can pray for some snowfall for them, just a tad for Christmas morning would be nice...
Thanks to everyone for helping, they are so happy for all the help.
And..........I know they will continue on telling us their adventures in the City and in the Poconos.
They'll be in the city by tomorrow afternoon, I wish I was a fly on the wall to see those beaming faces........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2007, 02:12 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,829,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
It was great for them to get so, much information on line. I'm sure it makes for a better visit here. Without the internet years ago, someone would come with very little knowledge of what was what.
Makes one wonder how our forefathers did it. . . I wouldn't have made a good pilgrim

Old 12-11-2007, 04:40 PM

On those wooden ships, rocking and rolling around.........the dirt and grime.
I would have been DOA.........really...... .........I get so darn dizzy!

Old 12-11-2007, 05:13 PM

1,263 posts, read 4,939,329 times
I'm so excited to see how they will like the Poconos. And my children and I will do our famous "snow dance" on Christmas Eve if you would like us to

Old 12-11-2007, 05:24 PM

17 posts, read 41,188 times
Karen_s,
I was talking to Laura today and I told her that you had mentioned her on this forum. Her eyes lit up and she smiled fondly when talking of her time spent in Brazil as a child. I told her to get ready to speak some Portugese soon. She wants to know how things are down in the Gap.
I used to belong to the Blue Eagles Drum and Bugle corps. We used to practice at the legion. I was a member fronm 1992 'til 2005. Do you know anybody from the corps?
I met one of the first Brazilian girls to come to Camelback today. She will be starting as a lift operator tomorrow. Her name is Camila. She seems very nice. Everyone there seems very receptive to helping these people feel comfortable.

Old 12-11-2007, 05:51 PM

17 posts, read 33,178 times
I do not know these girls but to me as a Brazilian, I am very touched with all the help they have reveiced from everybody of this forum, that is the first positive thing they will always say about this beautiful country. For them the first challenge will be the flight from Sao Paulo to Miami, will be about 9 hours sitting in the plain.

Last edited by AlexBR; 12-11-2007 at 06:05 PM..

Old 12-11-2007, 07:37 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,767,542 times
Summering, you have given these girls so much help! Bless You!
I am so excited for them! (Have I said this before??)
What an adventure!!
And from the sound of it...I think they will have snow!
When is Line coming?

Old 12-12-2007, 07:04 AM

Hi Love Pa and everyone. Following the Flight Tracker I see that the girls landed "earlier" then expected in MIAMI this morning.
Soon they will be on the flight up to LaGuardia.
Can you guess who could not sleep? LOL...........
I raced to check the flight coming in and it had arrived already
They are all on the same plane, as far as I know.
Line and Ise and their friends are booked at the same place, and other friends on the same block........
I am so excited for the snow coming. Can you imagine their bus trip up to Camelback tomorrow in the SNOW?
Thank you Love Pa, but so, so, many here were helpful..........and its so nice to hear the excitement in all of us, isn't it?
Their plane is scheduled to land at 12:40, but the last I looked it might also land ahead of time.
Funny thing to this story is..........My daughter and her friends, might be standing at the New York Tree.....at the same time the Brazil girls are.
Alex your sweet.............and lucky for them..........that long stretch is OVER.
Whoooooo weeeee..........New York here we come!!

Old 12-12-2007, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_s View Post
I'm so excited to see how they will like the Poconos. And my children and I will do our famous "snow dance" on Christmas Eve if you would like us to
Yes! Yes! but not too much or my company won't be making the 2 hour trip.
I don't think one of the girls would mind if I told you this.........
When she was little........she would run to the window on Christmas Morning and look for SNOW that was NEVER there.
So every year..........a disappointment. Little eyes longing for snow.
This year.........there will be snow........maybe man-made somewhat........but snow.
This Christmas, her wish of long standing .........is finally answered
( Blessings come in many ways..........I'm overjoyed)

10:01 Flight has left the GATE of Miami !!!!

Last edited by Summering; 12-12-2007 at 08:06 AM..

Old 12-12-2007, 09:27 AM

The girls are one hour and 19 min. from LaGuardia.
They are flying over Myrtle Beach, SC right now. ( wave to my friends there girls)
They have traveled 484 miles with 650 miles to go.( on this flight, anyhow)
Speed @ 456 kts
37,000 feet........OH MY
ENROUTE.................

ARRIVED AT LAGUARDIA AT 12:24.........19 MIN. AGO..........WELCOME, WELCOME, TO NY, NJ AND "THE POCONOS PA.".......FINALLY, FINALLY...HURRAY!!!!!!

Last edited by Summering; 12-12-2007 at 10:45 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania