Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 01:22 PM

182 posts, read 450,908 times

Advertisements

June 21st still the plan? Ok update. 1.) Tornado hit my neighborhood early Mother's Day. 2.) Didn't stop us from our yearly trip to Myrtle Beach. 3.) Insurence inspector says 20,000 damage to house in GA. 4.) Yesterday put offer on another home in Northeast PA Moscow address but Mount Cobb area, hope to hear positive soon. EVERYONE KEEP FINGERS CROSSED, PRAY etc. Hubby says this is it. He is giving up the new job and we aren't moving if this is a No-go

Old 06-03-2008, 01:30 PM

2,317 posts, read 5,130,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia to Northeast PA View Post
June 21st still the plan? Ok update. 1.) Tornado hit my neighborhood early Mother's Day. 2.) Didn't stop us from our yearly trip to Myrtle Beach. 3.) Insurence inspector says 20,000 damage to house in GA. 4.) Yesterday put offer on another home in Northeast PA Moscow address but Mount Cobb area, hope to hear positive soon. EVERYONE KEEP FINGERS CROSSED, PRAY etc. Hubby says this is it. He is giving up the new job and we aren't moving if this is a No-go
sorry to hear that,haven't heard anything else about this get together..

Old 06-03-2008, 01:39 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,669,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia to Northeast PA View Post
Crossing my fingers for ya' ............Moscow, great.......close to Scranton and all the action there. But, a nice charming, peaceful place!!
It has to work or you would have to change that name back to "Georgia Staying" ........

Old 06-03-2008, 02:44 PM

937 posts, read 2,890,091 times
I hope all goes well for you! I am not sure about the June 21st thing. I know that I will be at Tunkhannock Founder's Day on the 21st! Anybody going to that?

Old 06-03-2008, 07:17 PM

182 posts, read 450,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Crossing my fingers for ya' ............Moscow, great.......close to Scranton and all the action there. But, a nice charming, peaceful place!!
It has to work or you would have to change that name back to "Georgia Staying" ........
Thanks Summering and everyone. We shall see.

Old 06-03-2008, 07:21 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,632,563 times
As a retail warrior I undoubtedly have to work every Saturday and Sunday without respite (hence why I've been reluctant to make any sort of solid plans myself), but if you folks would all like to take a trek up to Tunkhannock for their Founders' Day Celebration I'm sure you won't be disappointed with all that Wyoming County has to offer.

Old 06-03-2008, 07:27 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,632,563 times
Georgia, Mt. Cobb is an absolutely wonderful area. I'm in the Mt. Cobb/Hamlin area on a weekly basis to visit my better half, and I absolutely love the drive between Scranton and Hamlin Corners. In the Mt. Cobb area you'll find Ritter's Cider Mill, The Shake Place, Butler's Furniture, and a few other points of interest. Nearer to Hamlin, which is just a few miles east of Mt. Cobb, you'll find Shaffer's Do-It-Best Hardware Store, Weis Market, Mr. Z's Supermarket, Kundla's Barbecue (awesome!), several banks, gas stations, a KFC, Taco Bell, McDonald's, and a few other conveniences. Just a few miles north of Hamlin in Lake Ariel you'll find Kay's Restaurant, which my partner and I have grown to love. I have a soft spot in my heart for that place because earlier this year when our waitress, whom I also believe was the owner, asked us if we had left room for dessert, I replied "Actually we were saving room to buy two of those frosted cookies we saw when we came in." Unbelievably when we went to pay our bill up front she gave us each a cookie for free! I NEVER get anything for free, and this woman's simple act of kindness that may have cost her just $1 turned me into a loyal patron. Say what you will about rural areas, but Wayne County's residents truly are second to none!

Old 06-03-2008, 08:43 PM

923 posts, read 3,095,374 times
I've put forth several ideas but, I never hear any input ????? No one even responds !! So whats up ?????

Old 06-03-2008, 08:48 PM

2,317 posts, read 5,130,547 times
Well I guess this official forum get together is now officially dead!

Old 06-04-2008, 05:12 AM

1,649 posts, read 5,003,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkotb View Post
I've put forth several ideas but, I never hear any input ????? No one even responds !! So whats up ?????
Yeah. There really wasn't too much discussion. 'Course, you can have too much discussion and never get anything off the ground. There's no way to accommodate every individual.

I'm the one who came of with the June 21st date to try to get the ball rollin'.

I suggest a small group of us who are really interested get together and make the plans. Then whomever is able and wants to attend is welcome.

It's kinda difficult to do it here on an open forum unless one person takes charge and organizes it. I just don't know enough about the geographic area to make decisions on my own.

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but my summer calendar is really full at this point. I know I now have a house full of company coming that June 21sth weekend.

Anyone interested in forming a small, quick meet 'committee' to make some plans? We could probably do it on line as well...in DMs or the new friends system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania