Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 08:53 AM

1,935 posts, read 3,144,908 times

Advertisements

Regardless of what the residents of PCP may say and see, it's a DUMP!! Nothing is going to change that. Get your head's out of your asse's and accept reality. The place has become nothing but a haven for low-lifes, welfare/WIC/unemployment cheats. Also, car insurance scammers!! Remember the low-life PRican's that got arrested for insuring their school bus company vehicles there and using them in Brooklyn, NY?? Gee, that and the other garbage that lives there we don't talk about, do we!!

Old 07-05-2008, 07:22 PM

734 posts, read 1,636,616 times
How about the B.0.D. there now? LOL! If you want more info, check out the Pocono Record forums and read the one about Mr Australia and the fitness program. There are links in that thread that will really give you the inside poop.
I know when I lived there it was full of pay offs and corruption but not half as bad as now! Holy cow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes it is a dump and a slum and the armpit of the Poconos!

Old 07-06-2008, 02:42 PM

3 posts, read 7,578 times
Wink Remember the low-life PRican's that got arrested for insuring their school bus company vehicles there and using them in

Well Well Well.... finally true feeling emerge...... I have lived in diverse communities all my life, NY included. I moved to APCP about one and a half years ago. I have family that lives here none of which are "low-lifes, welfare/WIC/unemployment cheats" or “car insurance scammers” I must say that if I had never been here before throughout previous years and went with the comments that some people post online, I most likely would not have moved here. I do own my home, I do take care of it and yes... I'm PRican. Both my husband and I work and have always done so. This has been thus far a nice place to live and while I have heard and read all the comments, I have yet to experience any of it nor has my family which has been living here for 16 years. This place is in no way form or fashion a “slum” and anyone who describes it as such has never been to a slum. While this community has problems (what community doesn’t?) that need to be tended to, it is overall a nice and affordable place to live.

I do notice that most people I have known to make these sorts of comments are people that have lived here all there lives and have never lived among people of different cultures, religions and so on. I guess ignorance is bliss... I don’t know about everyone else but I’d rather live amongst what some people would call "low-lifes, welfare/WIC/unemployment cheats”; at least I know what they’re all about!!

Last edited by pajade; 07-06-2008 at 02:47 PM.. Reason: character detail displayed

Old 07-09-2008, 01:59 AM

1,935 posts, read 3,144,908 times
pajade, your last line says it all!! Just like you I'm also PRican and know what it's like to be around those low-life's you enjoy living with. I grew up in Brooklyn, NY during the 60's & 70's, seen what PRican's that don't make a difference for themselves do and am glad that my parents always made sure that we didn't grow up in that same environment. Like I said, your last line just shows that you can take a person out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the person!! Welfare/WIC/food stamp and insurance cheats enjoy each other's company. That's why APCP is full of them and drug addicts!!

Old 07-11-2008, 01:02 PM

3 posts, read 7,578 times
I feel so sorry for you and your self hatred. If I liked living around low-life's, everyone included, I would have stayed in NY also but that is not my point. My point is that there are bad people of all races White, Black and Hispanic alike. Due to my work, I’ve traveled to many places here in the states and abroad and nowhere is racism more prevalent than here in the US. Comments like yours only add fuel to an existing problem in our society as a whole.

While APCP is not Beverly Hills, I have not encountered the problems that some people say they have while living here and neither has my family. All my neighbors thus far are very nice and respectful. It is VERY quiet at night and that alone has made it worth it for me to move here.

Let’s all learn from and enjoy each others differences as we are all part of the human race!!

ADIOS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania