Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2008, 10:35 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,676,644 times

Advertisements

Well the PIE is out JG and I didn't drop this one.........the pumpkin is looking good.
The apple, the crust on the edges, a bit overdone.........Geezzzzzz.......
Its been a busy morning. Oh these days before holidays.
I'm trying to talk the bird into thawing.........gosh yes.........these things get frozen solid.
( please don't remind me of the Palin tape, I just won't be able to serve the thing if I think about it)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 10:40 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,457,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Well the PIE is out JG and I didn't drop this one.........the pumpkin is looking good.

Old 11-26-2008, 04:20 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,119,619 times
Quote:
The apple, the crust on the edges, a bit overdone.........Geezzzzzz.......
Its been a busy morning. Oh these days before holidays.
I'm trying to talk the bird into thawing.........gosh yes.........these things get frozen solid.
( please don't remind me of the Palin tape, I just won't be able to serve the thing if I think about it)

I am relying on my mom this year for dinner...she's probably as busy as you are today! I'm bringing appetizers. Bacon wrapped water chestnuts and Mr. P's deviled eggs...

If you're having trouble thawing your bird, fill up the sink or a big enough pot (big stock pot) with ice cold water...it helps thaw chickens/turkeys.

Old 11-26-2008, 04:26 PM

Some pix of the pre-Thanksgiving sky Bill just took.....can you see the space shuttle's tool kit floatin' by??

Last edited by Jungle George; 04-28-2009 at 01:34 PM..

Old 11-26-2008, 05:06 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,119,619 times
beautiful George!! Everyone here takes such nice photos..I hardly ever see your pics in the photography forum...

Old 11-26-2008, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poconoproud View Post
I hardly ever see your pics in the photography forum...
That's 'cause I'm not a photographer!! I just merrily snap away in whatever "format" the camera happens to be in & pray for the best!!

Old 11-26-2008, 06:49 PM

Yeah, but its fun to put some pictures over there too..........

I just copied the Game that Lilally put on with the Christmas songs, so we have a song contest tomorrow. That was fun for us, so my girls will love it..........
Its something to joke and laugh about for sure.

I see Rockky wrote in a thread about the snow up her way. I would have loved to see some on the ground, not just a little fluff ...... Then it makes it hard for family to drive this way....so I must give that a second thought.
Black Ice is not fun. Once I flew off a top step of brick and landed directly on my lower back......
I thought I would never get up. I think I woke up the neighbors with the flying in the air scream.!

Old 11-26-2008, 07:50 PM

1,815 posts, read 5,402,775 times
Quote:
I just copied the Game that Lilally put on with the Christmas songs, so we have a song contest tomorrow. That was fun for us, so my girls will love it..........
Its something to joke and laugh about for sure.

I see Rockky wrote in a thread about the snow up her way. I would have loved to see some on the ground, not just a little fluff ...... Then it makes it hard for family to drive this way....so I must give that a second thought.
Black Ice is not fun. Once I flew off a top step of brick and landed directly on my lower back......
I thought I would never get up. I think I woke up the neighbors with the flying in the air scream.!
Hope the family has fun with the Christmas Song Game. I found a turkey trivia too - the link is here Turkey Trivia Quiz

No snow here yet Not even a flurry I hope we get a little before Christmas. I love snow!

Old 11-29-2008, 01:02 PM

Oh they loved the game........The boys stayed back a bit, and when they saw us having fun, they got into the act. In fact, they were singing songs to see if they fit, and I was like " OH, you Sing!"
That was a first for some, believe me.
I gave them a cheat sheet of songs to help them along.
Some picked wrong songs.........but close ........Like Silver Bells for Jingle Bells.
We had quite a few laughs. The Alphabet caused a bit of confusion.........No L........
They felt the wordings were really unique, and enjoyed it a bunch. We had one final winner........
And no, I didn't play because I had already. It was just fun to even watch.....

PS Sure, snow is due tomorrow ........and I'll be coming home at 9:30PM with no way up my driveway..
So please hold off until Midnight.....alright......Snow for Lially........at Midnight!

Old 11-29-2008, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
Some pix of the pre-Thanksgiving sky Bill just took.....can you see the space shuttle's tool kit floatin' by??
I am sooooooo jealous of those pictures Those palm trees and that sky........to die for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania