Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2009, 06:49 AM

1,649 posts, read 5,003,349 times

Advertisements

Will do, Dan!!

We want to pay a visit or two at the Toad & Tart as well. The owner posts here on CDFs, and she has been a great help with some basic services planning.

I imagine we'll jump the ferry to St. John when the family arrives. Everyone needs at least one trip to Skinny Legs.

Living there for a month will be a new experience. We won't be eating out like when you spend a few days there. I need to find where the locals shop.

I know this is a wonderful opportunity that nearly anyone would be grateful to experience. I'm just sorta......well, not relaxed. My first grandbaby is due the end of March, and there are some complications at present. There's some other stuff, and nesting nearer home would suit my instincts better right now.

OK. Now that I've bared my soul to the masses about personal nonsense.......thanks for the place to vent a bit. I'm a real PITA at times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 07:06 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,454,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Oh wow! Sorry to chime in late here, but I was distracted (as usual) by the Scranton political bickering! LOL!

HAAPPPPYY BIRTHDAYYY TO YOOU BOTHHH!!! YOU GUYS ROCK MY SOCKS!!
Uhhh....Paul....I hope those are CLEAN socks we rock!!

Old 01-14-2009, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lialleycat View Post
A funny for a Wednesday morning...
You KNOW I had to send that to everyone I know!!

Old 01-14-2009, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
Will do, Dan!!

We want to pay a visit or two at the Toad & Tart as well. The owner posts here on CDFs, and she has been a great help with some basic services planning.

I imagine we'll jump the ferry to St. John when the family arrives. Everyone needs at least one trip to Skinny Legs.

Living there for a month will be a new experience. We won't be eating out like when you spend a few days there. I need to find where the locals shop.

I know this is a wonderful opportunity that nearly anyone would be grateful to experience. I'm just sorta......well, not relaxed. My first grandbaby is due the end of March, and there are some complications at present. There's some other stuff, and nesting nearer home would suit my instincts better right now.

OK. Now that I've bared my soul to the masses about personal nonsense.......thanks for the place to vent a bit. I'm a real PITA at times.
Rockky, everything's gonna be fine!! The plane trip's gonna be fine!! Baby's gonna be fine!! Month in St. Thomas is gonna be fine!!

Click your heels together 3 times & repeat after Jungle George...."it's gonna be fine"...."it's gonna be fine"....

Old 01-14-2009, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattooski View Post
To all the Wonderful NEPA folks who post so many beautiful pictures, THANK YOU!!! I'm currently living in Austin, TX and very much miss my family, friends, the wonderful Polish food and of course the great outdoors of NEPA!!!
Hello Tattooski!!

Texas is a far cry from NEPA for sure!! Ya gotta make your way back for some mountains & pierogi!!

Old 01-14-2009, 08:07 AM

1,649 posts, read 5,003,349 times
JG, I'm not allowed to rep ya, but I hope you will accept a sincere, cyber ((hug!)).

I have a scan scheduled when I get back. The doctor seems to think I have a nodule on the remaining lobe of my thyroid. Half was removed eight years ago. I'm not really that concerned about it, but it may explain why I've not been feeling so great for some time. There are so many loose ends right now. I need to get on that plane and say, "Screw it!" I had such a great sense of living in the day for so long. Wonder where it went?

Could it be personal control issues??!!?? LOL!

Thank you for your kind reassurances!

Old 01-14-2009, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
JG, I'm not allowed to rep ya, but I hope you will accept a sincere, cyber ((hug!)).

I have a scan scheduled when I get back. The doctor seems to think I have a nodule on the remaining lobe of my thyroid. Half was removed eight years ago. I'm not really that concerned about it, but it may explain why I've not been feeling so great for some time. There are so many loose ends right now. I need to get on that plane and say, "Screw it!" I had such a great sense of living in the day for so long. Wonder where it went?

Could it be personal control issues??!!?? LOL!

Thank you for your kind reassurances!
Right backatcha on the hug!! The older we get, the less "living for the day" we seem to do!! It's all a part of maturing & the great circle of life & called "unnecessary worry"!!

LOL!! When I was typing the "click your heels together" thing, I got a visual of myself in that Glinda The Good Witch dress & hat waving a wand around.....it sure's hell wasn't pretty!!!

Old 01-14-2009, 06:17 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,667,671 times
Wishing our Rockky a wonderful trip......We will miss her like crazy........A month good golly.
Gosh, don't we all have that unnecessary worry........sure do. And........some turns out to be necessary as we know. Lots of needless worry.
Hugggggs to you...........May the waters be real warm, the sun hot, and the breezes balmy.....
Then think of us in NEPA and smile............( well, me usually in NEPA )

Old 01-14-2009, 07:40 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,667,671 times
So are you all getting four inches more of snow tonight? Someone mentioned that to me............
I had two cars back home not make it up my driveway today. It is ice under the snow.
The plowers last year wanted one arm and one leg to plow it. It melted one week later..........so glad I just salted and sanded myself.
Its been a cold and snowy time this winter in NEPA hasn't it? Any records broken? I think some have come close...........

Old 01-14-2009, 08:02 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,767,542 times
The next day or two Summ...will be record breakers. And YES! There is a ton of ice under the snow...not good for the hilly driveways! I have heard of so many snow birds who decided to leave this week to beat the weather we are expecting. Aside from getting the dog out...at which time I start the car...I'm planning on staying in!! 1 - 3 inches predicted by WNEP...and a low of minus 1 tomorrow night!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania